Extra Easy Feeling a bit disheartened - not sure if I trust the EE plan?!

Re look through your book! I have my Hexb often as olive oil, nuts or seeds, dried fruit added to fresh as I'm not a huge cereal eater (tend to like fruit and yogurt) or mushrooms, cherry toms and bacon with egg!

Keep going x

Just wanted to reiterate this - and look online for Healthy Extras too. I have been doing it since September and didn't know til YESTERDAY that you can have hummus as a B option!

Just wanted to reiterate this - and look online for Healthy Extras too. I have been doing it since September and didn't know til YESTERDAY that you can have hummus as a B option!

Really?! Oh excellent I can use the hummus my daughter nagged me to buy this week and then didn't want.

you dont have to eat them. they are there to take the guilt out of treats and take away the feeling of being deprived. if you feel deprived or guilty for eating 'bad' foods you are more likely to overeat them.....well iam anyway :D

That's a good point! I got a little book of free foods from group for under £2 and it has a huge list of hexa and Hexb in the back too :)

I'm terrible at eating my syns I really didn't think you had to eat them if you didn't want to :-( x

you dont have to eat them. they are there to take the guilt out of treats and take away the feeling of being deprived. if you feel deprived or guilty for eating 'bad' foods you are more likely to overeat them.....well iam anyway :D

Eating your syns is designed to be part of the plan. The syns can be anything, not necessarily sweet treats, they can be gravy, sauce, butter, cheese, or if you wanted to wine, chocolate, crisps etc. It's true that it is designed to take away the element of feeling deprived but also the dedicated dieters here will tell you, if you don't eat them your diet will struggle. The best losses occur with those who eat syns. Cutting back has the opposite effect. Also, further along in the plan if you don't have syns and your weight loss stalls, you will have nothing to cut back on.......Hope that helps and makes sense :D

Syns are definitely important. Not only for satisfying the sweet tooth but also making sure you are receiving enough calories to keep your body going.

Out of interest today I worked out the calories I had consumed for my breakfast lunch and dinner. These were made up if free, super free and 2 HEs. When I logged all that the calories came to 1003. Any health professional would say that is too few calories to be eating even if you are dieting. My meals were huge and filling so I might not have eaten any more, however our plan means I should have between 5-15 syns a day. I usually stick to 10 so after having my 10 syns I've brought my calorie total up to 1203, a much more acceptable amount.

So syns are important and should be used. Incorporate them into meals if you don't want them as snacks but do use them to make sure you are feeding your body with the fuel it needs.

Back