Feeling a bit disheartened

mands

hi everyone, havent been able to get on the computer as its been broke!

Hows everyone doing?

Im feeling a bit down this week, ive just had my 4th weigh in last night and have stayed the same!! I've not cheated once! so starting my 5th week and have only lost 11 lbs.

Its getting me down because everyone else in my group is a few pounds OVER their first stone!

Can anyone think why this is? I've not cheated once and am having all my foodpacks and at least 3 litres of water a day!

I'ts not making me feel like giving up, but I feel like a lot of my excitement about this diet has gone :(

Oh and its not my totm (that was 2 wk ago and only lost 2):(

Mands

Cheer up honey, everyone is differnt on LL. I had an incredible 1st mnth then it slowed down big time. I like you was dissapointed but it really evens itself out if you continue being absintnent. Hang on in there and see what the coming weeks bring. Im sure you'll be delighted xxx

Hi Mands,

I was wondering how much you had to lose. A couple of the ladies in my group before did the same thing, but they did continue to have good losses, but they didn't have as much weight to lose as the rest of us.

The important thing is to stick with it, cos the weight will come off. The ones that felt they 'may as well cheat now' really struggled for the rest of the programme.

You are doing great! 11 lb lighter than when you started is fantastic!

Thank you!

Thanx lola123! i know that i need to concentrate on the whole 14 weeks, but it is a bit depressing going through a week of watching every1 else enjoying their food, and staying the same blooming weight!! lol

Never mind anyway!! New week, starting to feel positive again! At least i know i WILL be losing weight on this diet, just maybe not as fast as others!

Hi Mands
Just to put my 2 penneth in!
I like you have had a few disppointing losses, in week 2 only 1.5 and in week 5 only 0.7lb! I was gutted but I soon realised that it is still a loss and does pick up in other weeks. Everyone on here loses weight at different rates and we must only focus on ourselves and how we feel with what we have lost.
Please don't feel disheartened it is a loss and you are still 11lb lighter and probably look and feel lots better.
I am sure that some of our friends that have gone further down this journey will give you better words of support than me but I am just letting you know that you are not the only one!
Keep going it will be worth it.
Take care
Milli x

We all get STS weeks, or weeks when we lose so little that it doesn't seem worth it. But the important thing to remember is that you will have lost some body fat (even if only 1 or 2lbs), and it will be water that is making you appear to STS. You cannot go 7 days on a VLCD and not use up some fat stores, it's biologically impossible! So chances are you'll have a fantastic loss next week. :)

As was said, we all lose differently; my best month I lost 24lbs (6lbs each week). My worst month I lost 8lbs (3lbs, 3lbs, 2lbs, STS). Both of those were 100% abstinance too. Your body will do what it wants to do, you're just along for the ride. But you WILL lose the weight, it's guranteed so long as you keep going! :)

thanx for the encouragement!

Thank you everyone, defo feeling more positive!

I'm absolutely gonna stick with this and get to my goal! And stay there!

Oh, forgot to say, someone at class last night said they had STS but lost 3 inches over her bod.

hi there
i always lost more slowly than other members in my group even tho i never ever cheated.
my LLC said it was cos i'm small (5 1") and i had less to lose ( 4 stone)
i lost just over 3 stone in the 14 weeks

it will come off!
daisy x

Hi,
I'm only 4'11 too & my losses are less than the others in my group. On the plus side though, when you are small, you can see the weight loss quicker:)
As Daisy & others have said, it will even itself out over the months.
Hang in there ...you are doing really well

yoyo
xx

Just hang in there hun, some weeks are high, others are low. Your body will go at it's own pace!! Keep abstinent and you will get there, it all averages out in the end.

Jez
xx

Hi Mands - am in the same boat. 5' tall, "only" 3 stone or so to lose, totally abstinent, and having small losses week on week. I'm about to start my 7th week but I suspect I've lost just over a stone so far. I'm trying to drink more water and see if that helps - but at the same time I've gone down a dress size!

So maybe it really is a little person/slightly less to lose thing.

It is upsetting when people are losing 15 million pounds per week and I'm there with my staggering 1.4lb loss. What I do is go home after WI and try on a few clothes, and that's where I really see the weight loss. I've also started weighing myself every day in the morning and evening. I know it's not recommended, but it helps me get a sense that I *am* losing (it's not the numbers so much but the fact that they're going down!) - whereas just being weighed at LL meetings I find a bit demotivating.

Hang in there, though, because it does come off even if you're tiny like us. Daisydoll is proof of that :)

Back on track!!

Thanx Beeswax and everyone else!

It is demotivating having smaller losses than rest of my group, but in a way its making me more determined to get through the 14 weeks abstainance!

At least i know if i keep having the food packs, i cant NOT lose weight! :)

The thing thats hacking me off a bit at the mo, is last year when i was doing ww, i lost more in my first 4 weeks there than i have in 5 at LL!!:(

Never mind though, ive set my mind to do this and im gonna stick it out!

Thanx everyone for your kind words, just wish I was a bit taller!! lol

mands x

Back