feeling all deflated and uninspired

Jennifer

well i dont really like to post about feeling blah but i really need some input please! basically its taken me a few years but i've lost 7st 7lbs and i know thats good n everything but i just feel so .. i dont know! i'm not excited or anything i used to be every time i lost more but now i just feel so nothingy about the whole thing, i dont really like what my body looks like either, i have more to lose too but i just have no motivation for some reason, has anyone else felt like this and how did u get through it?

thanks so much =)

Hiya!
Firstly well done on losing so much, that's amazing and you're to be admired!!
I lost 8stone a few years ago-on a vlcd- and I didn't like my body at all afterwards. But now Im right back to where i started, I hate my body way more and it's such a pain, literally! Perhaps because you lost the weight over a couple of years, you don't really remember where you came from-how you felt about your weight, how your health was obviously suffering?

I really wish i had some decent advice for you but at the moment the only things i find really inspiring is reading blogs about other peoples success?
I hope you start to feel better x

Wow to your weight loss, first of all and second of all - you're entitled to feel down in the dumps from time to time so stop beating yourslf up about it.
I did SW constantly from Dec 2010 until Sept 2012 and I felt ust like you do. I depserately needed a break from it all which is what I had. Unfortunatley this break resulted in a one and a half stone weight gain which I wasn't happy about but it did make me want to embrace SW again and feel happy and healthy instead of sluggish and fed up.

You have lost more than most of us could even think about so learn to like yourself and how far you've got, have a breather and then have another go. xxxxxxx

daisyhappy thats a good point, i hated my body when i was bigger. i dont want to put it back on but i just cant seem to feel excited anymore, it looks like ur half way there yourself so a really well done to you for getting started again =) thanks for replying i really appreciate it i'll try reading some other people's success's like you said =)

stivesliz i wondered about taking a break but like i said i really dont want to go backwards i keep feeling really terrified that i will! i suppose still going to group makings me behave but i just really dont want to go! but i will keep going cos i know it will make me not go off the rails, thanks for your advice =)

xx

Your weight loss is incredible! I am in awe of you!

I felt like this last night. I came home from group yesterday morning on a high. I'd lost 4lb in my 2nd week and was slimmer of the week. Within an hour I felt as low as anything! I kept on thinking that as great as I was doing, I still had over 2 stone to go. I wanted to cry all day, I actually did cry when I got dressed to go out for a friends birthday meal. I hated the way my clothes looked and the fact that I would have to eat a steak while everyone else could eat what they wanted!

I feel better this morning and proud of myself that I managed to enjoy a meal out with friends while sticking on plan.

I don't really have any advice, just reassurance that we all feel this way sometimes and there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Good luck and at the very least, be very very proud of what you have achieved so far x

Why don't you call target and just take some time getting used k the new you. it's a big adjustment. I lost about 9 stone and git to target and found there were a lot if things I had to get used to. the fact that although the new me was slimmer was great but of course my body wasn't perfect and that was a bit of a slap in the face after all my hard work! Also coming to terms with the fact that it really is a lifetime commitment for me when so many around me stuff there faces with whatever they like was hard aamongst other things. it's nit just the losing weight there's so much else goes on. so be nice to yourself take a breather if needed or if you want to jeep going make sure you reward yourself to keep the enthusiasm going New clothes, beauty treatment etc xx

Your weight loss is incredible! I am in awe of you!

I felt like this last night. I came home from group yesterday morning on a high. I'd lost 4lb in my 2nd week and was slimmer of the week. Within an hour I felt as low as anything! I kept on thinking that as great as I was doing, I still had over 2 stone to go. I wanted to cry all day, I actually did cry when I got dressed to go out for a friends birthday meal. I hated the way my clothes looked and the fact that I would have to eat a steak while everyone else could eat what they wanted!

I feel better this morning and proud of myself that I managed to enjoy a meal out with friends while sticking on plan.

I don't really have any advice, just reassurance that we all feel this way sometimes and there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Good luck and at the very least, be very very proud of what you have achieved so far x

awww this is sad but I've seen it, done it and got the t shirt ( in varying sizes lol). The problem is we look at the big picture sont we? This time around I have 3 and a half stone to lose and if I kept thinking that then I would lose the plot. Look at it in little bits - I set myself a target of a pound and a half a week, which doesnt seem much , but if I succeed then that will mean I will be at target in August - and january is over half way through!

We all pur far too much pressure on ourselves x

aw capri gal thats no good, you did really well sticking to it on ur night out well done! this week i used alot of my syns at the start when we went out so it has been a struggle to not really have any, thats another reason i dont want to leave because i know if i wasnt going to group last night i would of eaten all the wrong things like pizza and chocolate! thank you for ur support =)

emsie wow thats such a huge loss! amazing! knowing u lost so much makes me feel a bit stupid for whining! what ur saying is right though, there is alot more to losing weight than just getting slimmer, something to think about there =) your picture looks awesome by the way

I first want to say well done! It gives me hope that i can one day loose that much well done you! That there is something alone to be proud of!

I too am in exactly the same position. I've lost all motivation all enjoyment and feel completely bluhhhh about it all.

And unfortunately the only advice I can give is try and remind yourself why and whee target is! I've seen my weight creeping back on! Not horrendously so but enough to make me think I need a good boot in the backside and sort it out lol!

So here's me following that! Our journey is what we make it so lets make it as positive as possible. My new thing is to say something positive at the end of each day about my journey even if I've had a crappy day! Bc crappy days make us feel crappy which then snowball!!

Not sure that was much help ... But know your not alone! Hugs x

Back