feeling butterflies about CD!

lizzie0310

hi everyone, hope you are all well
im about to email the CD lady to see when i can go see her to get started. im feeling really nervous, ive done LL before so i know what to expect but im sooooo nervous. i hate the thought of being like this for the rest of my life but i hate the thought of people carrying on thier normal life around me (as in eating!) im afraid ill feel, no, i know ill feel im missing out so much when not eating and ill probably cave in so easily which i dont want to do. then i think whats the point in starting just to cave in in a few days, what a waste of money and effort would that hve been! ooooh im so filled with dread just now im having constant arguments in my head for and agaisnt CD. I DO I DO I DO REALLY WANT TO BE THIN AND HEALTHY. pls can anyone advise me how to cope with the first few weeks as i think these will be the hardest for me.
thanks so much for listening
:eek: lizzie:(

Lizzie, that is just your chatterbox talking don't let her fill your head with 'what ifs' and 'buts'... You WANT to do this and you WANT to succeed so you WILL!!!
You will of course have moments of doubt and temptation but when those moments crop up be strong think of all the reasons why you started the diet and how your life will change when you have finished it, then think of how you will feel if you give up... a very wise wemitt (Russiandoll) posted these words once and they have gotten me through some tough times:

There are three possible options for you and only three.
1. Stop the diet, eat healthily and maintain at your current weight.
Is this an option for you? Yes? Then do it. No? Then move to option two.

2. Stop the diet and say 'sod it all', eat what you like and gain weight.
Is this an option for you? Yes? Then do it. No? Then move to option three.

3. Continue to make an effort to lose weight.
Is this an option for you? Yes? Then do it. No? Then look back at options 1 & 2.

I have this little mantra c&p'd to my desk top so whenever I am feeling weak and my mind is full of "its nt fair, i want to eat what they're eating, just one day off wont hurt etc etc I open up the folder and I consider those options, Then I come on here and post , ask for help, read inspirational stories from other members successes,

You have to be strong willed and tell yourself YOU CAN DO THIS, YOU WILL DO THIS, and YOU WILL SUCCEED!!!!!

xx

thank you mrs tweedy! ive made a poster of those very wise words, they are so true....its up to me and I WANT TO DO IT!! got a meeting with CDC on the 22nd WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!

Hi Lizzie - those words have got me through some sticky times as well.
another thought - you wrote "I know I'll feel I'm missing out on so much" (when I'm not eating)
Don't you think that now, even when you're eating? that you're missing out on so much? but none of those things involves food does it? and you'll be able to join in SO MANY new things with your family and friends once you've lost that weight. I don't know how much you've got to lose, but a few weeks/months of SS will be small price to pay for all the wonderful new experiences that will be open to you. You won't be missing out on ANYTHING then.
Let us know how you go on on the 22nd.
Ann x

Great advice there :)

It's all about choice isn't it. It's not that you can't eat. You're just chosing shakes, bars etc instead. As Ann says, you are not missing out on anything, and the rewards are fantastic and will constantly reinforce your motivation.

Very best of luck, but you don't need it. You want this..you want to be slim and you've found the diet that will make your dream a reality. Lucky you :)

ooooh i LOVE this site!!! ive never found so much positive ecouragement before, you are all helping me so much! i feel so positive about it and cant wait to get started now, thank you thank you thank you all xxxxxxxx

ps ann i think im losing 12 stone-ish but will see how i feel as it goes in 4 stone blocks

ooooh i LOVE this site!!! ive never found so much positive ecouragement before, you are all helping me so much! i feel so positive about it and cant wait to get started now, thank you thank you thank you all xxxxxxxx

ps ann i think im losing 12 stone-ish but will see how i feel as it goes in 4 stone blocks

Hi Lizzie,

It's great to read how positive you are and how Minimins is giving you what you need to help take that first step:D :D

We are all here for you hun x

Hey Lizzie!! Sooooooo nice to have someone super fired up for the diet!! it'll quite possibly be the best decision you have ever made...:D was for me anyway!

First few days are hard....but drink drink drink where you would have eaten and then drink some more and you'll be fabby. Your CDC should go over everything with you and ask her/him how they did it....thats what they are there for!!

Looking forward to reading your posts as you go along! keep that excitement! it's the best!!:D

Nicole xx

Back