Feeling completely daunted by all this today ...

I lost nearly 5 stone last year and now have regained 1 stone so am on slimming world to try and lose it... but last year I wrote down a little treat for every 7lb I lost.... so say when I got to 13 stone 7lb I would treat myself to some new bubble bath something a bit more expensive than I would normally buy, then at 13 stone it would be something a bit more substantial like a manicure, then 12 stone 7lb, maybe a face mask and hair conditioning treatment and at 12 stone something else I wanted, normally pampering stuff as I wouldn't have pampered myself in the past when I was bigger.... at goal I had a set of GHD hair straighteners, I had always had cheap ones in the past but really wanted a set of these, maybe you could have a more substantial treat halfway through your weightloss and then again at goal....

Well done on what you have lost so far tho, more than I have managed...

Lots of great advice and I've nothing to really add other than to say that if you look at my stats you'll see I was almost exactly the same as you when I started and with the same amount to lose. 11 months later and I was at target. So you could be in my shoes in the not too distant future and what's 12 months or so out of the reat of your life when you consider how long it took to put it on.

Thanks circes - If I can do this in 1 year I would be absolutely over the moon.
Did you exercise too?

After my first two stones I did. Got a freebie offer to try out a gyn for a month and found I really enjoyed it. From then on I was at the gym around 4 times a week doing cardio, weight training and swimming. A bit further on I also started running three mornings a week. But what mattered was sticking to the plan - my consultant used to say that I did everything right. SW recently did a survey of target members to ask them what they thought had made them sucessful slimmers. it's a really useful list - I'll go find the link for you.

Here you go
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/115631-7-secrets-successful-slimming.html

Last edited:
Where there is a will, there is always a way. You will do it, but just make mini goals, reward yourself, stick to Minimins or your SW group for inspiration and encouragement, take up a new sport/go to the gym, enjoy the new way of eating and learn new recipes. Once you start dropping the stones, dress sizes and feel a big improvement in your health you will see how it is all so worth it.

Awww thanks Circes - you always have excellent advice IMO x

You and I have the same start weight, my love! Don't look at your target weight, look at small targets. That's why my target is still way above what I want to be when all is said and done. That's the target I want for the wedding! When I get there, I'll change it again. Set the target in smaller increments. When I joined a class last time the consultant would only let us set to Club 10 target first as it's less daunting.

Chin up love, we're here to help you. You can do this and the main thing is that you're doing something about it now! xx

Hon, I worked out that if you keep on losing at the rate you are, you'll nearly be at target by the end of the year!! That's ONLY 6 months away!

I can only echo what other people have said, break it down into baby steps. Aim for the next half stone, breaking the next stone bracket, your Club 10.

I lose really slowly and it's only by looking at my mini goals and saying "well I'm nearly at the next one" that keeps me on plan!!

hiya....you can do it, I have so far lost 9 stone, its taken a while and I have had ups and downs, but you will get there! Dont think about the fact you want to lose 100lbs that really is a daunting figure when you think of it, break it down into far smaller amounts and all of a sudden its far more achievable.
And little treats along the way are a real bonus as well.
You can and you will do this, but just lower your target for now, how about 10% of your weight for a start?
Always here for a chat if you need one...and have a look in my profile at my awful pics, that should help spur you on lol x

Wow Snuggles!!! You have done amazingly
Alwyn even 12 months would be great tbh!

Eee, Jen...just noticed you're in Sunderland. Another not far away!

Ah Fray, Guisborough, we used to go to Scarborough every weekend and stop off there for a wee!!!!:8855:

And *I'm* the one that lowers the tone? *rofl*

Eeeeeee but its true ;)

Back