Feeling deflated :(

hennyhamster

Silver Member
Second week of extra easy and struggling with the 1/3rd superfree rule so thought I'd do green like I did a few years ago when I had good losses.

Trouble is that when I did green then, my consultant was always saying that we had to eat and eat to lose, which I did and lost. Now the advice seems to be to eat until we are full and to fill 1/3rd of the plate with superfree again.

I used to really enjoy slimming world but now I just can't seem to get my head around it, I'm sure the 1/3rd rule on red and green didn't used to be in the books.
Then I read a post on here saying not to eat too much fruit because of the calories!

Arggh.. need to stop stressing myself out about it!

think the general advice has always been to have 1/3 of your plate super free - but not sure when i've done red & green previous I did & had good weight losses so if you did it before & it worked, dont see why you coudnt do the same again although its not quite strictly following plan i gess :0/

Second week of extra easy and struggling with the 1/3rd superfree rule so thought I'd do green like I did a few years ago when I had good losses.

Trouble is that when I did green then, my consultant was always saying that we had to eat and eat to lose, which I did and lost. Now the advice seems to be to eat until we are full and to fill 1/3rd of the plate with superfree again.

I used to really enjoy slimming world but now I just can't seem to get my head around it, I'm sure the 1/3rd rule on red and green didn't used to be in the books.
Then I read a post on here saying not to eat too much fruit because of the calories!

Arggh.. need to stop stressing myself out about it!

The third superfree is not a rule, it is a recommendation. Nowhere in the book does it say YOU MUST eat a third superfree. It also doesn't say you should eat and eat and eat, nor does it say until you are full then fill the third of your plate with superfree again.

The third superfree recommendation for green and red is new, but again ,it is a recommendation not a just.

I don't know where these things come from, but the detail is in the book.

Superfree is to speed up your losses, the more you eat the better but it's not a rule.

Just relax, read the book, and eat superfree if you can!!!

As for limiting fruit......I'm not even going there.

Thankyou guys, can you tell that I over analyse a lot? Terrible personality trait I'm afraid :( Yes the fruit thing is a little silly, I shouldn't believe everything I read! Gonna spend the evening reading the book instead of scouring the internet.

Thankyou guys, can you tell that I over analyse a lot? Terrible personality trait I'm afraid :( Yes the fruit thing is a little silly, I shouldn't believe everything I read! Gonna spend the evening reading the book instead of scouring the internet.

That's the spirit!!! You can find all sorts of info on here but the best advice is in the book hun.

I'm not a big fan of fruits and veggies so I stick to red / green days and there's no chance my plate has anywhere near 1/3 superfree lol. But I've had really good losses so far, so don't lose heart :).

I understand how you feel , i too am struggling with EE& 1/3 of superfree- so i decided to try and stick to red/green , i just can't get my head around sticking veg/salad or fruit in a meal for the sake of . But really i think i should have more faith in the plan ans stick to it properly , because i am constantly faffing around i am failing big time when really i should be loosing !

The third superfree is not a rule, it is a recommendation. Nowhere in the book does it say YOU MUST eat a third superfree. It also doesn't say you should eat and eat and eat, nor does it say until you are full then fill the third of your plate with superfree again.

The third superfree recommendation for green and red is new, but again ,it is a recommendation not a just.

I don't know where these things come from, but the detail is in the book.

Superfree is to speed up your losses, the more you eat the better but it's not a rule.

Just relax, read the book, and eat superfree if you can!!!

As for limiting fruit......I'm not even going there.

all of your post is spot on. The bit about fruit though (and op this is no way a dig at you, this is a general observation) the amount of people I know who seriously limit their fruit because of the sugar content is mad. Our body processes sugars in fruits differently to manufactured sugar. This is a myth perpetuated by the Atkins diet, the south beach diet and other such things or at least that's where I think it came from.

Nothing bad in fruit - I eat about 10 portions if it a day (a lot basically!) and I still lose :) fruit is slow release sugar so no spikes of energy then crashes like you get with processed sugar. Only thing I try and limit is grapes but I could eat a kilo
Of em without stopping so its my own fault. If you follow thr plan, you can eat what you like, as long as you eat until satisfied, never go hungry and stay within your syns. I have tested it!! Believe me :)

all of your post is spot on. The bit about fruit though (and op this is no way a dig at you, this is a general observation) the amount of people I know who seriously limit their fruit because of the sugar content is mad. Our body processes sugars in fruits differently to manufactured sugar. This is a myth perpetuated by the Atkins diet, the south beach diet and other such things or at least that's where I think it came from.

Agreed. I would never limit fruit. Not ever. It's superfree for a reason :)

Back