feeling disheartened

Crys

my husband has been on nights so I've had about 8 hours sleep in three days, and have been at work as well. When I saw how little I'd lost this week (0.5lb), I felt really overwhelmed, so decided I'd be better off coming home and trying to catch up on sleep.

I dont know if it was because initial weigh in was star week, so there was a big drop for 1st weigh in, but I'm so gutted to only lose half a pound. Surely as its only my second week, I should still be losing well?!

Much as I find the plan really easy, maybe I'm not eating enough, or its lack of sleep, or I'm beng too restrictive on syns. DH has been doing it the same amount of time, but had a day where he ate what he fancied, and a couple of days where he was at 20+ syns, and has lost 14 lbs in the same time I've lost 5, where my syns are always between 9 & 12.

Sorry, I'm just feeling really down about it all.

thank you, good to know it's not just me.

you are being way to hard on yourself you have lost 5Ib's in two weeks, thats actually really good going! thats an avergae of 2.5Ib's a week! Thats really good!!!

You try weighing out 5Ib's of potatoes and carry them around all day, you will soon notice that weight I can assure you. Star weeks do affect your weight losses.

I lost 1/2Ib for two weeks running then suddenly lost 6Ib's. Had Star Week from hell, and other thing I did differently, was I focussed on my 1/3rd superfree more, and reduced my overall weekly pasta and rice intake, as I was eating loads of it, and I know my body just cant take it.

Just stick with it hun!

I lost 4 pounds in my first week, and STS for the next two weeks. I lost 1.5 the following week.
Don't worry. It will come off!
And yes, men seem to lose so much more, and quicker too. Not fair!

i lost 5.5 in my first week and put on 0.5 in my second! don't worry i think it's normal! stick at it, you'll see the results! get some sleep you poor thing!

Hi,
Please dont worry about having a small loss
I lost 0.5lb at my first weigh in, it was not what I expected but I went on to lose 4lbs the week after.
Im sure all the hard work you have done this week will show up in next weeks loss. That will look super on the scales, who knows you might be sotw!
Dont give up & I hope you get a chance to catch up on some much needed sleep!
Anna x

thank you all so much for your replies, your support and similar stories make me feel a hundred times better! You're all wonderful!

Back