Feeling disheartened!

Mizkirsty

Gold Member
I'm struggling to get a good loss ATM. I've varying between 1/2 and 1.5lb. It's really starting to frustrate me and this week I've been weighed at my docs (for the pill) an so far I've lost nothing this week And I thought I'd had a good week - obviously not!! What's wrong with me!? Xx

The doctors scales are prob different from the class scales...your losses are steady which means that you have a better chance of keeping it off. Make sure you eat plenty of super speed foods and stick to plan 100% as long as the scales are going down stick with it. X

But im not in the mind set what's the point! Ugh this loosing weight business is rubbish lol.

I was hoping for a bug loss Monday too :( x

I know exactly how you feel - started in the New Year myself and only got my stone & half award last week!! Was feeling totally fed up but needed to remind myself that its still a 1lb a week loss on average which will take me near to Target by the end of the year :D

Keep going - just think of those slinky Christmas party dresses and for once seeing in the New Year knowing you won't have to start yet another diet!!

I know A 1 lb average is great per week but I just want a bigger loss once in a while ATM it just feels a bit too slow considering how much more effort I'm putting in with body magic etc! And now this week I'm think a sts even though iv worked really bloody hard!! Xxx

Hmmm. Is your calorie intake really low? Your body may be trying to keep the calories you're taking in by going into "starvation mode" if you are only taking in like 1200 calories.

I suggest trying to shock your body by switching up your workout routine, perhaps that would help.

I know it's not what you want to hear but try to be glad you are having losses even if they are just little ones. <3

But im not in the mind set what's the point! Ugh this loosing weight business is rubbish lol.

So what are the alternatives? If you stop how is that going to help?

Do you have a food diary on here? That would be the first place to start, noting what you are eating and the amounts.

I know A 1 lb average is great per week but I just want a bigger loss once in a while ATM it just feels a bit too slow considering how much more effort I'm putting in with body magic etc! And now this week I'm think a sts even though iv worked really bloody hard!! Xxx
I feel exactly the same! I've been doing this about a month and its taken me this long to lose the same amount which some people lose in a single week (OK so I've had 2-3 really terrible junkfood days along the way, but hopefully that balances out with eating hardly any syns the rest of the time). I think some people's bodies are just unable to lose quickly for one reason or another.

I suppose its better to look at SW as a permanent lifestyle change - doing all the hard work now to turn it into a habit will mean that in 6 months time you'll just do it, and it won't feel like such a challenge, just a way of life akin to waking up for work in the morning!

I don't think my overall calorie intake is low but I burn off a lot of the cals which I thought would mean loOsing better?!

I didn't mean what's the point let's stop I meant what's the point being 100% I can loose 1/2lb when I've had a crap week! I Just feel when I put this much effort in I Should see some better results?!

I'm trying to mix it up I usually only do red days but gonna have a couple of green ones - hopefully this will make me full (I'm ravenous! Think must be approaching star week possibly?)
But then you've got the whole issue - introducing carbs main mean you gain scenario!! Xx

Sorry to rain on your parade, but your loss of 1lb a week would do me. I've been doing sw since October last year and have only lost 7.5 lb, this week I put on 3lb!!! When I done sw some time ago it only took me a year to lose 4 stone, I know I'm older now but I exercise a lot more than back then, legs and bum looking really toned, big difference, but my weight loss has been laughable.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but your loss of 1lb a week would do me. I've been doing sw since October last year and have only lost 7.5 lb, this week I put on 3lb!!! When I done sw some time ago it only took me a year to lose 4 stone, I know I'm older now but I exercise a lot more than back then, legs and bum looking really toned, big difference, but my weight loss has been laughable.

I know how you feel when i began slimming world it took me aggggeeesss to loose the first half stone and again ages for the stone! but since then it kinda picked up - since the new year - which chuffed me i felt really motivated and great!
But now im worried im slipping back into my old ways - i know 1/2lb average a week wont keep me motivated as it doesnt feel like a true loss tbh! i know i shoudnt say it but i almost feel like - well if id have eaten something heavier for lunch it would be a sts!
Sorry for the rant just feeling really down about it all!!!

:( XX

Rant away. I came home from sw this week determined to do better and be more focused, not done bad so far, but wi on Tuesday will tell. Just feel summer is upon us and I should have done so much better than I have weight loss wise. Its such a kick in the teeth to get weighed and find I have done badly most weeks. Mind you, I'm not giving in, onwards and upwards.

Have decided to use this site more often than I do for inspiration, never seem to get the time to sit and have a good poke through.

I know how you feel from my WW days. I'd lose 1lb one week, then gain half the next. So frustrating.

All i can advise is that you slog it out and make sure you're eating some of what you exercise. Oh and ignore the docs scales, they're bound to be different from the ones at class. Go right back to basics this week and the best of luck x

On your diary you mention that youve not been 100% recently with exams etc. This may explain the slow losses. I know you feel like youve worked hard this week but it will take time to show. Chin up you will get there with a few 100% weeks xx

I know it's jut frustrating bc I've done it before so I know I could!!
I'm kinda just talking myself into well I can be on it 50% and loose so why be 100% to get the same loss!

I know it's all in my head but I wanted to get back on the wagon 100% - so have been this week but want the deserved loss too and I know if I don't I'll be frustrated again!

Xx

LittleMissPeacock said:
How are you doing Kirsty?

Hi!!
Well this week I've been ravenous all I've wanted to do is eat! Writing my dissertation as deadline approaches so have lessened the exercise!

Think I've had an ok week had a few iffy days - one day flex and one day max syns. I wi at 5pm tonight so I shall see then I guess!

I'm not giving up ive just gotta keep thinking how much heavier I'd be now if it wasn't for sw!

How have you been?! Xx

Hi!!
Well this week I've been ravenous all I've wanted to do is eat! Writing my dissertation as deadline approaches so have lessened the exercise!

Think I've had an ok week had a few iffy days - one day flex and one day max syns. I wi at 5pm tonight so I shall see then I guess!

I'm not giving up ive just gotta keep thinking how much heavier I'd be now if it wasn't for sw!

How have you been?! Xx

Will have everything crossed for your 5 pm weigh in tonight for you! I've been stressed recently and stress generally equals eating; so I know what a struggle it must be.:(

X

Back