Feeling Disheartened

Losing it for good

Morning Guys,

I have been on CD for a while (on and off) and am now half way to my target weight.:D:D

The problem is for the past 3 weeks I have only lost 3lbs and it is really starting to get to me:(. I did have a blip last Sunday :break_diet:but that was more down to the fact that my previous two losses were so bad I didn't really see the point in continuing:sigh:. I had a change of heart and got back on track the next day. I am back in ketosis, drinking at least 4 litres of water a day and have finally been to the loo (was constipated) so a 1lb loss in my books is just not good enough.:cry:

I mean I could lose just as much on WW or SW couldn't I??

I know people can say that when you have less to lose you, you lose it slower but in all fairness I am still classed as overweight so it shouldn't have slowed this much should it:confused:

I am going to give it another week or two and am expecting to lose at least 6 or 7lbs- if not I am going to rethink my options.:sigh:

Did anyone else plateau for 3 weeks? Can you think of anything I may be doing wrong?

Any advice or support will be greatly received.

Thank you :)

keep at it, surely it will come off. You might get a big loss next week x

You're right, you could lose as much on SW or WW, but that is all you would lose, week after week - even if you have the willpower to stick it out for the long run (I remember going to meetings and being happy after I lost half a pound :rolleyes:) That's not going to happen on CD. You may get some smaller losses but, as I'm sure you can see from some of the posted results on here, suddenly, it's not out of the ordinary for a large drop in weight when the body catches up. You seem to be in a fairly positive place right now so keep going for it. ;)
I also wouldn't set your targets in stone - what might happen if you lose 5lb? Would you think you've failed as you haven't got the 6 or 7?
Keep positive and don't beat yourself up
xx

I'm the totally the same and I'm only on week 3 (granted it's of a restart, but still :confused:). It's frustrating but I'm trying to keep the faith and holding on to the thought that it's still a loss and not a gain

Stick with it, you're doing really well

xxx

Losing It For Good - what plan are you on? If you're on SS or SS+ it might be worth moving up a plan. I know it sounds a bit backward to try eating a little bit more but in more cases than not it helps to kick start the metabolism and for me resulted in more stable losses xx

I should have read this before i posted.... i have only lost 1lb since 29th may, i am so fustrated as i still have over 7 stone to lose and im only in week 5!! Im not sure how much longer i can go on not eating and not losing weight either!!

I hope your weight loss starts again soon!! (and mine :( )

Hey honey, have you been taking measurements? Are you fitting into smaller clothes? Often the pounds don't come off, but the inches fly off. Don't give up - keep drinking the water, keep using the packs, and you WILL get to where you want to be :hug99:

Thanks Guys, that's why I love minimins- so much support, advice and people in the same boat you can chat to.

I am definitely going to try and stick with it for a little longer and am hoping for a better loss next week.

I'm on SS and my aim was to start moving up the plans once I got to 10 stone (and a healthy BMI). So still have 1stone 4lbs until I get there.
Just thought I would be at least halfway there now but because of the small losses I have had it seems so far away...

I have started running again also which may have caused the weight loss to slow. I am feeling so unfit so had to do something- nothing excessive just 20/30 mins run 3 times a week.

I have taken my measurements and do appear to be losing inches- (5 off my waist since I started).

Maybe I am just worrying too much about what the scales say and not focussing on the important thing..how I feel.

I'll keep you updated on my progress.

Thanks for your help- you all seem to be doing great so keep up the good work xx

I know where you are coming from. I work with a girl who is doing SW and she is losing more than me at the moment. Granted, she is 4 stone heavier than me, but it is so disheartening when I am on such a drastic diet and depriving myself of food, and watching her eat for england and lose more than me :eek:. I have only lost 3lb in two weeks which is not good enough for me, but what option do I have, I have to keep going because in the end, it HAS to work. I know how you feel at the moment, but keep going, you will see the results in the end.

I too am half way through my weight loss (maybe more because although I want to be 9.5st, it may be a bit too skinny for me so may stop at 10st). Don't give in, one day soon we will have a big loss which will boost our motivation and make this diet a bit easier - fingers crossed x

Thanks Guys, that's why I love minimins- so much support, advice and people in the same boat you can chat to.

I am definitely going to try and stick with it for a little longer and am hoping for a better loss next week.

I'm on SS and my aim was to start moving up the plans once I got to 10 stone (and a healthy BMI). So still have 1stone 4lbs until I get there.
Just thought I would be at least halfway there now but because of the small losses I have had it seems so far away...

I have started running again also which may have caused the weight loss to slow. I am feeling so unfit so had to do something- nothing excessive just 20/30 mins run 3 times a week.

I have taken my measurements and do appear to be losing inches- (5 off my waist since I started).

Maybe I am just worrying too much about what the scales say and not focussing on the important thing..how I feel.

I'll keep you updated on my progress.

Thanks for your help- you all seem to be doing great so keep up the good work xx

Be careful with exercising that much on SS, it can actually be counter productive.

Try not running for a week and see if it makes a difference. As your muscles repair after exercise they retain water. True story

If no difference made then I owe you a weeks running, but think about it?

just found this just what others have said,

Is there a reason for "plateauing" while on a weight loss program?
a.gif
Some people experience a plateau effect with their weight reduction progress at various points during dieting. One reason this may occur is due to temporary periods of water retention by the body. The body's metabolic rate also varies periodically which may alter the rate of weight reduction. Some people have also noticed a period during which there was no noticeable weight reduction, however, there was a reduction in inches. Check you measurements!

Thank you.

I am going to stop running this week to see how it goes and try to drink as much water as possible.

Thanks for all the advice.

Finally!! Lost 5lbs this week after those last 3 measly weigh in's. Am so happy- hopefully the plateau is well and truly over- fingers crossed xx

Super News & well done for sticking at it shows it really does work 5lb is great x:D

5lb is fantastic this close to your goal weight - I have just re-read your stats and with only just over a stone to go until your target, I guess a slowing down of losses is to be expected.
Just shows how patience with little losses is rewarded with a biggun'

great news! Did you do anything differently?

Thanks Guys I am really pleased. The only thing I stopped doing was running so I think that amount of exercise whilst on CD is probably not recommended. I know I haven't got too far to go now and can expect a slower result but hey here's wishing for another 5lbs loss this week.lol

Only 7lbs before I have a healthy BMI and will have to start working up the plans!!

Back