Feeling down

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by sable, 13 January 2007 Social URL.

1. sable

sable Member

Diet:
    cambridge
    All week I have stuck to my points allowance, been on the treadmil twice (which is twice more than usual) and drank the recommended about of water.

I was feeling pretty pleased with my efforts until I went to weigh in this morning and found I have stayed the same weight.

As this was my first week I feel really down about it. I have a party to go to tonight and really wanted to feel like I could do this. Now Im not so sure.:(

I am trying to remain positive but this has really thrown me.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Ah, I'm sorry to hear that you're not pleased with your results in the first week, but pleease try not to let it knock your spirit. Did you measure yourself? If you did then I should think you've found a loss there.

I know it's easy to say "don't let it get you down", but perhaps you should stick with it for another week and see how you get on....you might find that your weight loss really shows next week, a double loss even! There are a lot of things that can affect a womans weight (TOTM for a start) so stick with it for another week and I'm sure you'll be delighted at your next weigh in. You should also measure yourself because more often than not you'll get a result on the tape measure if you haven't on the scales.

So stick with it hun and keep your chin up! We all have our bad weeks, it's getting past them that's important.

4. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Totally agree with Marie. Measure yourself .....

Stick with the diet as well .... or else next week you'll be even more down! If you stick with it - then next week you'll have a great loss and be sooooooooo happy!

Good luck.

5. sable

sable Member

Diet:
    cambridge
    Thanks guys. I havent taken any measurements so I will do that ASAP.

I think I took it this so badly because (a) it was my first week and (b) there was another first timer there and she lost 7lbs!!!! Although Im pleased for her (its a fantastic result) it did make me think maybe I had done something wrong.

6. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

If you're sticking to your points allowance AND exercising AND drinking lots of water then I don't see how you can be doing anything wrong, so just stick with it, I'm sure your results will catch up with you.

Did you ww leader give you any advice or help for this week?

I can see why you're disappointed, I would feel the exact same way if I were in your shoes (it's always easy to be stood on the outside looking in and saying "it's ok, stick with it", but I know I would be singing a different tune if it were me, lol).

Honestly though, stick with it and take down those measurements! - advice I need to follow too because I haven't taken mine yet either, oops!

Keep in touch and let us know how you're getting on this week.

:)

7. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.33%)
    Well done for doing a whole week!

Hi Sable,

The worst thing you can do is compare your weight loss to others, even though this is what we all end up doing and I am no exception.

Measuring yourself is vital as the inches will come down and how the weight comes off does vary with everyone.

I am sure after a week of sticking to your points and drinking water your skin is looking much better and that your now feeling better in yourself...less sluggish.

You are keeping a record of everything your eating?

Next class bring your food record with you and how it to who ever is doing the class and ask her about perhaps adjusting the points.

She should be able to advise you.

Please don't be down as you need to pat yourself on the back and claim the fact you have done a whole week and to look at this as a life style change and not just a one off.

Good idea too to take some photos of yourself so that you can compare them with the before and after:)

Love Mini xxx

8. Cavycrazy

Cavycrazy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.71%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Aww sorry you are feeling so down, please try not to be.

Our bodies are funny things, and like to play tricks on us.:(

Like you I have stayed the same this week, but HAVE lost inches. Last week I lost 4.5 lbs and my measurements were the same as the week before. :eek: Its hard to figure out sometimes whats going on....but we have so many things that can affect us.

Do stick with it and stay on track, and sure you will have a fab weight loss next week. :)

Hugs to you.

Deb x

9. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Awww sable Im sorry you didnt get the results you hoped for. Hang on in there, it may sort itself out next week. I found that last time I did WW there was no rhyme or reason to my results. Weeks I was sure Id done badly I had great losses, and vice versa.

Im sure next week will be better

10. nadhak

nadhak LIGHTER LIFE FOR LIFE

Diet:
    lighter life maintaining and occasional re-starting
    Sable
    Have you been drinking a lot of water?
    Did you drink some before your weigh in? Each litre can weigh 2 lbs {I think??} so it could just be the water intake that is making you weigh heavier - if it is water - you will be like for like next week and should show a great weight loss - so keep at it!
    Good luck

11. sable

sable Member

Diet:
    cambridge
    Thank you everyone for your support - I will carry on my efforts and keep you updated :)

I feel much more positive because you are all behind me!!:D

12. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.33%)
    Hi Sable,

Good to hear your feeling a bit better!

What Nadine has said about the weight of water is a valid point.

I know the class leader I had at WW said to go easy on drinking water/tea/coffee etc., for about two hours before weigh in.

Love Mini xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.