Feeling Fantastic!

emmapetty

Going for Goal!
Hi All,This weekend has really hit home for me how much weight I have lost since April, and shockingly I have realised that I have not been this slim in 10 years :):):):):) I was large as a child, but don't think I really began to "take notice" until around 13 years old, where each year I went up a stone with my age. So I know when I was 14 I was 14 stone etc. Quite sad, but also...I can't change the past - but I am changing the here and now! So this weekend was a HUGE confidence boost for me. My in-laws came to visit (I get on with them very well - lovely people) The first thing my MIL said "oh blimey, you get slimmer everytime I see you, well done!" (slightly bigger head!) Now on sat evening I was a very good girl, my hb and his parents and brother went out for a meal, while I stayed at home watching x fatcor and waiting for taxi at 9.30pm to go into town to meet them for drinks (after the meal) I wore a lovely brown gypsy top in size 16, that I bought 2 years ago with a vow that one day it would fit me!!!! And it did, and I actually FELT very good about my figure and not at all worried, like I usually am about bulges, fat a*se etc (you know how it is!) So I joined the family sipping on water, and had a thoroughly enjoyable evening - it just goes to show you don't have to have alcohol to enjoy yourself when out! About 1pm we left the bar and were walking to a taxi rank and my Brother in-law (who has been in Africa for 3 months, and this is the 2nd time I have seen him since his return) said he was looking at mine and simons (hb) engagement party pics, and wedding pics and that I look like a completely different person! I said "is that a compliment?" he laughed and said "i guess so yeah, you look great" ! I was on cloud 9! lol The next day my hb said that during their meal they were saying how well I had done etc - I just feel fab now knowing that people are really, properly noticing my weightloss and not just being polite. It's great!!!! I LOVE CD! It's hard work, but sooooo worth the effort :):):):):) Hugs x x x

awww emma thats such an amazing inspiring post WELL DONE U XXX

thats fab!!!! hun enjoy it you have worked hard for it and you very motivating so thanks for sharing xx

Awww isnt it great what CD can do!!! bet you felt really nice in that top! Youve lost bundles of weight so of course they'll notice!

Yes this diet is soooooo hard and sooooo easy in another lol but the pay off is outstanding

I didnt know i had this much will power until i started cambridge, i gave up smoking no probs....but this has been harder (no food)

Keep up the good work x

That account will so inspire anyone starting out today on CD or trying to get through the first week. Without a doubt it sure can be a difficult diet; I was in the honeymoon phase for a while but now the reality of having a few more months to do has hit.
But - it is so much quicker than so many other diets, I could have been doing some slimming clubs for over a year.
So pleased that you received such lovely compliments from your family; with 50 pounds gone already there is no doubt how truly impressed they were.
Keep it up x

. Without a doubt it sure can be a difficult diet; I was in the honeymoon phase for a while but now the reality of having a few more months to do has hit.
But - it is so much quicker than so many other diets, x

Ohhh sooo true

My honeymoon period ended last week when i didnt lose anything :cry: but weight has shifted again and im a happy bunny :D

The honeymoon period can last all the journey for some on here and to those i give a medal!

I have to agree! Believe me there have been times when it has been soooo hard. The worst was in August when I chose to eat during my 1st anniversary weekend away. I ate sensibly, but still gained (I expected this) then I just found it hard getting back on track, but I am now and the ketosis energy burst has kicked in, and cd has again become routine procedure! But I'm enjoying it, because clothes I never even dreamt of wearing now fit AND look good, and I am getting compliments that mean more to me than any item of clothing I wear. I will admit, I have previously not bothered with make up, creams and 'treats' but lately I want to wear these things and feel confident in doing so, it's a lovely warming feeling. I have this new zest for life!!!! I'm looking forward to so much much, and even toying with the idea of a skiing holiday in Canada - usually on what we call 'Petty adventure holidays' I'm sat watching, reading a book with MIL - But I actually think I might give this whole 'adrenaline' thing a go :):):):) What's the worst that could happen?!!!

skiing is a fab idea they are our best family holidays I find the summer ones hard going to keep everyone happy but skiing is just fab I am looking forward to being able to buy ladies ski wear this year rather than mens

Other than a school trip on a dry ski slope (where I broke my index finger lol) I have not ever been skiing. First time for everything though! :)

well done you!!
Its all you need to keep you motivated huh?

You will be thowing that size 16 top away soon and swapping it for a much smaller size!

Keep up the good work.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you so much for posting Emma! I started CD yesterday - it's tough going so far (today is better than yesterday), but posts like yours make me realise it's all worth it!

Thank you so much for posting Emma! I started CD yesterday - it's tough going so far (today is better than yesterday), but posts like yours make me realise it's all worth it!

It definately is worth it, you'll see :) I recommend the Cambridge diet to everyone, and will continue to recommend it - cd is changing my life for the better :):):)

Emma - fab fab inspiring post, well done you! I too recommend CD to everyone who wants to lose weight, so far I have 3 friends who have taken it up which has netted me £15 off my cd products! (£5 for each recommendation) not sure if every cdc does this but mine does.

As for the skiing, go for it! If you don't like it, at least you will have tried!

xx
Stacey

Back