Feeling fat & VERY Bloated

I hate the week leading into star week as I feel so bloated too. I can totally sympathise.

I find during that week that by avoiding bread and drinking more water I do feel less uncomfortable, may be worth a try.

Hope you feel more yourself soon

xxx

Awww, I sympathise with ya. Im lucky becuase I have the depo injection now so I dont have *weeks anymore but I used to get them really bad and feel yucky and bloated for about a week before!!

Have a nice hot bath, put your PJ's on and veg out in front of the TV with a hot water bottle! xx

Miss Galaxy I would put Pjs on but an working till 3.30 :(

I have had loads of investigations but they can't find anything. I get terrible stomach craps for about a week before (like a phantom period) & then I get the period so basically I get only get 2 weeks a month off.

I went to the doc & he said " well we are seeing a lot of problems in women your age (i'm nearly 34) that have chosen to delay to childbirth" :mad:

Thats shocking! Your GP should not say that to you Hun!!
I would ask for a referral to see if there is anything that can be done for you.

Feel for you very much hun, don't know if you're on now or on next week - people use 'star week' to mean two different things...

Where did "Star Week" come from anyway? Is it like "Im on my *******" ?

Is it to mask something? Surely "I am due on" or "I am on" would give the same idea without having to say the word period if people find that embarrassing?

I believe star week orginated from when they wrote in your book yuor weight and if you were on your period that week they would but a little star next to it to indicate thew rag week :)

Where did "Star Week" come from anyway? Is it like "Im on my *******" ?

Is it to mask something? Surely "I am due on" or "I am on" would give the same idea without having to say the word period if people find that embarrassing?

Thats shocking! Your GP should not say that to you Hun!!
I would ask for a referral to see if there is anything that can be done for you.

I have been refered & had a ultersound & it was clear. Need to go back to the docs but don't want to be told I am old again. Last time I was there he gave me really strong pain killers but I just spend the time I take them in a sleepy state

Ahhh so I'm not the only one that gets the invisible period?!

Feel for you very much hun, don't know if you're on now or on next week - people use 'star week' to mean two different things... To reduce bloatiness, I'd say cut out bread :) It helps! Also, don't look in the mirror, lol, because your eyes will be exaggerating the truth.

Take care

Ali xxx

Yay I'm not alone. It should be star fornight for me!! I try to avoid bread anyway & am sort of doing sin free comfort food like mash pots & rice pud. It's WI in today. I lost 5lb & got slimmer of the month last week but not expecting great things this week :(

Yay I'm not alone. It should be star fornight for me!! I try to avoid bread anyway & am sort of doing sin free comfort food like mash pots & rice pud. It's WI in today. I lost 5lb & got slimmer of the month last week but not expecting great things this week :(

Potatoes and rice are quite starchy, wouldn't that bloat you too? Happens with me if I eat too much, also my dad finds they bloat him and make him burp like crazy. Good luck for WI though! Let us know how you get on so I have hope for Thursday! xxx

Potatoes and rice are quite starchy, wouldn't that bloat you too? Happens with me if I eat too much, also my dad finds they bloat him and make him burp like crazy. Good luck for WI though! Let us know how you get on so I have hope for Thursday! xxx

It's not so much the food that bloats me it's now how can I put the... wind & bad guts that I get :eek:

:(

*huge hugs*

we'll be your group support and we start today by helping you get back on track with your emotions, so you don't slip up :)

please don't cry! smile! if someone sees you smile, they might smile. then someone might see them smile, and they'll smile. and before you know it, you've made a hundred people smile! ok maybe don't smile like this :D cause it might freak them out, but something a little bit like :)? go out, have a walk, don't sit at home like :4633: or :17729: or even ! take some time to yourself, just act confident and as though you absolutely love yourself, a bit like :bliss:, and you might get a ;) from a passer by! then obviously you will go :eek: and a little bit like :giggle: but inside you'll definitely be :happy036:!

alternatively, have a little :4635: and get better soon!

try it :)

xxx

Back