Feeling fat

TrueBlueAngel

I WILL be thin!!
Feeling fat and bloated today, even my clothes feel tighter and I don't know why. Does anyone get days like this and can you pinpoint what causes you to feel bloated? I've only eaten some fruit and mullerlight yoghurt so far :(

I don't know what causes this, but I felt it yesterday.

Even catching my reflection in shop windows or clothes shop mirrors, I felt I looked very fat, and yet other times I've felt very differently.

It's weird.

I think we all have 'fat days' whether we are bloated or not!

I only get really bloated during TOTM, right at the beginning of the week, then my tummy seems to deflate like a balloon!

I find drinking more fluids helps with the bloating.

I often feel like this - with noticable differences in how tight my trousers are!
I suffer from IBS and I find my bloated-ness usually comes from one or a combination of the following: bread during the day (first thing is ok), sitting down a lot and coffee.
I've started to make a note in my paper diary at home when I feel particularly bad (suffer from terrible trapped wind when feeling at my worst) so I can try and pin-point what causes it...

I think it's all in our heads! I lost 4lbs a couple of weeks ago and for the whole day I felt so fat, like I'd put on about a stone, my jeans were tight, my face looked fatter etc etc but then at class I'd actually lost 4lbs!

I get these days waaay too often! Even after losing 1st 5lb.. I still feel horrible every day! :( I think this is because I haven't gone down in size yet really, which is upsetting so fat days for me are still very frequent!! xx

Yep, most days I feel that way. If I drink lots of water one day though, the next morning I feel fab rather than fat and it's a brilliant feeling. I catch a side-wards glimpse of myself in the mirror as I go to open the blinds and my middle just seems smaller :D Try it, a quick sneak peek of yourself in the mirror first thing, in natural light. It helps you feel positive all day :) Also helps if you wake up naturally, alarms tend to p*ss me off... :eek:

And TBA, you're not that far from target! Congratulations, and don't feel so down. Just look back at old pics to remind yourself of the size you were, appreciate the size you are now, and look forward to the size you will be soon :)

Ali xxx

Feeling fat and bloated today, even my clothes feel tighter and I don't know why. Does anyone get days like this and can you pinpoint what causes you to feel bloated? I've only eaten some fruit and mullerlight yoghurt so far :(
I have IBS and some fruits trigger it for me. Especially citrus fruits like pineapple and grapefruit although I seem to be ok with satsumas? I have swapped to the Activia Fat free yogs (as recommended to me by the doctor), avoid the citrus fruits, drink peppermint tea and lemon and ginger tea and I'm mostly not too bad. Bread is also a prob so I mostly avoid bread too.
To cut a long story short.. yep, most people have fat days like this :)

Yep, most days I feel that way. If I drink lots of water one day though, the next morning I feel fab rather than fat and it's a brilliant feeling. I catch a side-wards glimpse of myself in the mirror as I go to open the blinds and my middle just seems smaller :D Try it, a quick sneak peek of yourself in the mirror first thing, in natural light. It helps you feel positive all day :)

I like the water tip, but I'm far too scared to look at myself in real daylight :eek:

Back