Feeling fat

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by TrueBlueAngel, 20 July 2010 Social URL.

1. TrueBlueAngel

TrueBlueAngel I WILL be thin!!

Start Weight:
    10st11.7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7.7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10.7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.64%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Feeling fat and bloated today, even my clothes feel tighter and I don't know why. Does anyone get days like this and can you pinpoint what causes you to feel bloated? I've only eaten some fruit and mullerlight yoghurt so far :(

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Scanbran

Scanbran Stupid Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(11.11%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I don't know what causes this, but I felt it yesterday.

Even catching my reflection in shop windows or clothes shop mirrors, I felt I looked very fat, and yet other times I've felt very differently.

It's weird.

4. sarahm85

sarahm85 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4.5lb(18.57%)
    Diet:
    WW Online
    I think we all have 'fat days' whether we are bloated or not!

I only get really bloated during TOTM, right at the beginning of the week, then my tummy seems to deflate like a balloon!

I find drinking more fluids helps with the bloating.

5. sarah83

sarah83 I will be a yummy mummy!

Start Weight:
    16st3lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4.5lb(1.98%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I often feel like this - with noticable differences in how tight my trousers are!
    I suffer from IBS and I find my bloated-ness usually comes from one or a combination of the following: bread during the day (first thing is ok), sitting down a lot and coffee.
    I've started to make a note in my paper diary at home when I feel particularly bad (suffer from terrible trapped wind when feeling at my worst) so I can try and pin-point what causes it...

6. evilpenguin

evilpenguin Not evil at all

Start Weight:
    21st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(9.79%)
    Diet:
    Back to Slimming World
    I think it's all in our heads! I lost 4lbs a couple of weeks ago and for the whole day I felt so fat, like I'd put on about a stone, my jeans were tight, my face looked fatter etc etc but then at class I'd actually lost 4lbs!

7. Mel20

Mel20 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.85%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Extra Easy
    I get these days waaay too often! Even after losing 1st 5lb.. I still feel horrible every day! :( I think this is because I haven't gone down in size yet really, which is upsetting so fat days for me are still very frequent!! xx

8. 10st10lbs

10st10lbs Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(5.33%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yep, most days I feel that way. If I drink lots of water one day though, the next morning I feel fab rather than fat and it's a brilliant feeling. I catch a side-wards glimpse of myself in the mirror as I go to open the blinds and my middle just seems smaller :D Try it, a quick sneak peek of yourself in the mirror first thing, in natural light. It helps you feel positive all day :) Also helps if you wake up naturally, alarms tend to p*ss me off... :eek:

And TBA, you're not that far from target! Congratulations, and don't feel so down. Just look back at old pics to remind yourself of the size you were, appreciate the size you are now, and look forward to the size you will be soon :)

Ali xxx

9. isabellesmummy

isabellesmummy Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12.5lb(6.2%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I was just thinking myself to I feel fat today like I've put on, glad its not just me that has these days! I hope to god I havent put on, its my 2nd week and would hate to put on already Lol Im off to go get an apple :) Lol

10. laura2481

laura2481 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11.5lb(12.29%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have IBS and some fruits trigger it for me. Especially citrus fruits like pineapple and grapefruit although I seem to be ok with satsumas? I have swapped to the Activia Fat free yogs (as recommended to me by the doctor), avoid the citrus fruits, drink peppermint tea and lemon and ginger tea and I'm mostly not too bad. Bread is also a prob so I mostly avoid bread too.
    To cut a long story short.. yep, most people have fat days like this :)

11. Scanbran

Scanbran Stupid Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(11.11%)
    Diet:
    Exante

I like the water tip, but I'm far too scared to look at myself in real daylight :eek:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.