1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

feeling fat?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by missy3, 20 March 2008 Social URL.

1. missy3

missy3 starving!

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    this is just a random question, dunno if its just me but,

do u ever feel that ur not as fat as you are?
    people tend to complain about looking fat in clothes etc, but for some reason, i dont feel like i look as though im as fat as i am. According to my bmi im obese, i dont see myself this way... So.. my question really is, do ppl tend to see themselves in a more negetive way, feeling bad about themselves etc, or am i in denial and have the power of possitive thinking?
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Sweetpea

Sweetpea Full Member

Cambridge Diet
    When I was 4.5 stones heavier I used to look in the mirror and often think I looked slim. It's so weird but I think I've always had some cock-eyed view of my body. Now I'm 9.5 stones and I often think my legs seem fatter than they were before. I really notice fat areas much more now.

Rational thought tells me I am slim and my legs can't be anywhere near the size they used to be and the size of clothes I now take shows I'm definitely much thinner but another part of my brain seems to be sending me mixed up messages. Oh no, now I sound like a complete loony!

Other things that confuse are when I go to town shopping and I look really slim in the mirrors and much slimmer than when I look in my mirror at home. I've been at this weight for 3 months now but my head still hasn't caught up with what is going on in my body.
  4. Louise24

Louise24 Gold Member

slimming world
    Ohhh see I'm the opposite, I think I am much much bigger than I actually am. To the extent where I think I won't fit through a narrow space... yet in reality I can. Guess that is low self esteem for you!!

It's better to think I'm too big to fit through a gap than to think it's fine and get well and truely wedged though!!!

I don't think I'll ever be happy with my figure, even if I was a size 10!! I'm 5ft10 and big boned (as well as fat), I'll never be the 5ft1 petite girl with little hands that I really want to be, but that's life and you have to make the most of what you've got!!
  5. Bumpy0

Bumpy0 Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    Now i have lost weight i still see myself as "fluffy"! I have just got in to a size 14 jeans but still can't get my head round it.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.