feeling fat?

missy3

starving!
this is just a random question, dunno if its just me but,

do u ever feel that ur not as fat as you are?
people tend to complain about looking fat in clothes etc, but for some reason, i dont feel like i look as though im as fat as i am. According to my bmi im obese, i dont see myself this way... So.. my question really is, do ppl tend to see themselves in a more negetive way, feeling bad about themselves etc, or am i in denial and have the power of possitive thinking?

When I was 4.5 stones heavier I used to look in the mirror and often think I looked slim. It's so weird but I think I've always had some cock-eyed view of my body. Now I'm 9.5 stones and I often think my legs seem fatter than they were before. I really notice fat areas much more now.

Rational thought tells me I am slim and my legs can't be anywhere near the size they used to be and the size of clothes I now take shows I'm definitely much thinner but another part of my brain seems to be sending me mixed up messages. Oh no, now I sound like a complete loony!

Other things that confuse are when I go to town shopping and I look really slim in the mirrors and much slimmer than when I look in my mirror at home. I've been at this weight for 3 months now but my head still hasn't caught up with what is going on in my body.

Ohhh see I'm the opposite, I think I am much much bigger than I actually am. To the extent where I think I won't fit through a narrow space... yet in reality I can. Guess that is low self esteem for you!!

It's better to think I'm too big to fit through a gap than to think it's fine and get well and truely wedged though!!!

I don't think I'll ever be happy with my figure, even if I was a size 10!! I'm 5ft10 and big boned (as well as fat), I'll never be the 5ft1 petite girl with little hands that I really want to be, but that's life and you have to make the most of what you've got!!

Now i have lost weight i still see myself as "fluffy"! I have just got in to a size 14 jeans but still can't get my head round it.

Back