Feeling guilty...

well its my 3rd week on SS well since i cook food for my family most of the time i snack like i eat a spoon full of chicken or somtime some nuts and some time a spoon full of fish what ever i cook i tend to eat a little bit of all:cry: ....i m so disappointed and feeling so guilty my first week was awesome no cheating... second was good to not that much of snaking but not now i guess i need to work on it i feel so guilty since i don't want my weight to stuck or not drop because of my stupidity ....since i huv to do SS for 8 weeks how should i stop this thing.....:sigh:

One meal at a time. :hug99: Next time you prepare a meal, don't have any of it. Don't tell yourself you can't have any, tell yourself you're choosing not to. The words we say to ourselves have a much bigger effect then we realise. Choosing to do something is much better than being made to do something. :)

Maybe you need to have a look at what times you're having your shakes. Make sure that you really get to focus on having your shake or bar - don't have it while doing something else - even watching TV. Make sure you know you've had it, if you see what I mean. I don't know what times you have your shakes, but sometimes it helps to have the first one at lunchtime, then the next one at 5-6pm so that you can have the last one around 9pm - means you've got one to look forward to.

Alternatively, having a 4th bar or shake is always better than nibbling on something else - so let yourself have another shake if you need one. I know they're not cheap - but buy yourself a few spares so that you can do this if you need to. Far cheaper in the long run than messing up your progress by cheating all the time.

You can do this! {{{hugs}}}

As my other half has suggested - cheat ON the diet (ie an extra shake) rather than off it...

That's probably going to be my saving grace.

But preparing meals for the rest of the family is one of the hardest parts, I agree.

X

One meal at a time. :hug99: Next time you prepare a meal, don't have any of it. Don't tell yourself you can't have any, tell yourself you're choosing not to. The words we say to ourselves have a much bigger effect then we realise. Choosing to do something is much better than being made to do something. :)

Maybe you need to have a look at what times you're having your shakes. Make sure that you really get to focus on having your shake or bar - don't have it while doing something else - even watching TV. Make sure you know you've had it, if you see what I mean. I don't know what times you have your shakes, but sometimes it helps to have the first one at lunchtime, then the next one at 5-6pm so that you can have the last one around 9pm - means you've got one to look forward to.

Alternatively, having a 4th bar or shake is always better than nibbling on something else - so let yourself have another shake if you need one. I know they're not cheap - but buy yourself a few spares so that you can do this if you need to. Far cheaper in the long run than messing up your progress by cheating all the time.

You can do this! {{{hugs}}}

u r so rite i should change my attitude first i am doing it for my self for my good health if i don't choose to do something that is good for me then whats the use thanks ill keep that in mind next time i try to nibble ....changing time is the next good option especially in my case my family have dinner around 7 ill wait till 8 to have mine so i feel full before bedtime........ i was so much confused and felt so guilty now i feel good and confident that i can do it Thanks to you...
:hug99::hug99::hug99:

well I've been on this diet for a month now, cooked awesome food for my family and tasted it for the sake of adding salt, spices etc...I do NOT feel any guilt about this. I enjoyed every small bites I had (no more than 2 or 3 a day though). If I made 3 or 4 dishes then I would ask my family to taste it for me, because that would be too much. And I really do not think it altered my weight loss, it just made me enjoy food much more. Guilt makes you stress, stress is not positive in your diet. Wishing you to get rid of it ;)

well I've been on this diet for a month now, cooked awesome food for my family and tasted it for the sake of adding salt, spices etc...I do NOT feel any guilt about this. I enjoyed every small bites I had (no more than 2 or 3 a day though). If I made 3 or 4 dishes then I would ask my family to taste it for me, because that would be too much. And I really do not think it altered my weight loss, it just made me enjoy food much more. Guilt makes you stress, stress is not positive in your diet. Wishing you to get rid of it ;)

well i wish i culd since when i taste food there are no small bites for me :p.... but still huv to taste food any way so i am trying to keep a water bottle near when i m cooking i keep on drinking and taste in end! i hope nothing alter my weight loss since i m working very hard to follow 100% but on weekends its the hardest especially if we go for movies and out for dinner:cry:........at least its better then the first week it was the toughest now its better family enjoy pizza's in front of me and i enjoy my bar......

Back