Feeling hungry again after having dinner

Lisaberry

Silver Member
Hmmm, something isn't right. I really want to stick to red but without the filling pasta I seem to be hungry all the time.

For dinner tonight I have had:

A massive load of mashed swede (one of the 500g bags of Asda chopped swede)
A whole tin of plum tomato
4 quorn bacon rashers (3.5 syns)

Followed by 380g of tropical fruit and a shape zero yogurt.

I felt full to start with but within 30 mins I'm hungry again
I don't want to be hungry and this isn't a diet where you are supposed to be but I also don't want to be eating 24/7.

Does anyone on red have any foods which really fill them up?
Or does anyone have any tips for me?

When I do red I make sure I have lots and lots of protein! Today I've had half a steak, 2 sausages ( 1 syn each) and a huge chicken Brest stuffed with cheese and lots of veg. Oh and hexb of potato! And then loads of free food too!

Maybe adding some more protein to your meals and loads of free food?! Pffft not sure that's any help lol sorry!!

Lucy xx

Yeah that is probably it.... It's so expensive though isn't it? A mugshot is about 40p and a pack of meat is a about £2.
I must go to Iceland and get some of that ready cooked frozen chicken - can get out a bit every day then.

Organisation is the key I think!

Yeah that is probably it.... It's so expensive though isn't it? A mugshot is about 40p and a pack of meat is a about £2. !

Yea i know! its a right pain in the bum tbh My loses on red is better than green but its just too expensive to do all the time! Feels like Atkins lol I tend to just stock up when i see good offers! Tesco have giant chicken boobies for 2.99 and they are super filling! And roasts last a few meals too!

Hope my ramble helped lol xx

Your dinner is really very light, and mostly foods consisting of little more than water, so it's no wonder you're getting hungry!! Try adding in a bit of bulk, eg potatoes, meat, pasta etc as that'll take longer for the body to burn off, so will keep you fuller for longer.

Pasta/spuds etc just dont seem to agree with me. When I'm being good I don't touch bread, rice, pasta or spuds as I just don't lose very well when I eat them.

As someone else was saying, your meal, while large and initially filling, isn't made up of anything that will actually keep you feeling full. You need to be eating a lot more protein, especially on red days.

Protein actually helps to keep you fuller for longer because it takes longer to digest. So, while everything you had for dinner was completely on-plan on a red day, you're still lacking the protein. The quorn rashers contain some, but not enough to keep you feeling full.

If you're finding red days expensive, try and eat more protein-rich foods other than meat. Like eggs, cheese, yoghurt, etc. And try porridge for breakfast as it's pretty filling and it gives a slow release of energy, meaning you shouldn't feel hungry for quite a while after. Having it with a sliced banana (also high in protein) helps to bulk it up a bit and helps fill you up even more.

Try and look out for fresh meat and fish that's been reduced or is on offer which can be frozen so it keeps longer and you've always got something in for red days. It works out less expensive in the long run.

Porridge would be difficult for me as I have no cooking facilities at work - no kettle, microwave, fridge or anything :-(.
Eggs are definitely a good idea - the SW quiche always goes down well.
I might make bolegnese for tea tomorrow - either with swede or cauliflower rice, hopefully that should be nice and filling.

Buying a whole chicken is a lot cheaper than buying jointed bits and you can graze on it as the hunger hits. Chicken is a healthy lean protein and can be put into free style soups on red days which is a yummy way to eat protein for lunch

Porridge would be difficult for me as I have no cooking facilities at work - no kettle, microwave, fridge or anything :-(
What about making up some Magic Porridge (28g Porridge Oats + 1 Mullerlight. Leave it in the fridge overnight) the night before. It's lovely, even cold. You could do it in a little tupperwear box, so it's ready to take to work.

It's nice with a banana or a similar fruit to your chosen flavor of Mullerlight. For example, strawberry ML with strawberries and rasperries. Or a toffee ML with an Choc & Fudge Alpen Light crumbled on top. That's LOVELY! Hehe

It's great for a quick and easy breakfast that doesn't require weighing and measuring first thing in the morning.

One girl in my group bought a food flask from Sains - you know the ones with a large opening, good for stews etc, and she makes up her porridge in that and takes it to work for later. She also takes soups and stews in it and it keeps hot for hours. I think the flask costs about £8 but it might be worth shopping around as somewhere like Wilkinsons might be cheaper:)

msrsimpkin said:
What about making up some Magic Porridge (28g Porridge Oats + 1 Mullerlight. Leave it in the fridge overnight) the night before. It's lovely, even cold. You could do it in a little tupperwear box, so it's ready to take to work.

It's nice with a banana or a similar fruit to your chosen flavor of Mullerlight. For example, strawberry ML with strawberries and rasperries. Or a toffee ML with an Choc & Fudge Alpen Light crumbled on top. That's LOVELY!

Ooh this sounds fab! Must give it a go tonight!! Thanks for sharing :)

Ooh this sounds fab! Must give it a go tonight!! Thanks for sharing :)
Oh, definitly do! It's lovely! Ofc, if you're having it with an Aplen light, add that in the morning, not the night before. Hehe. Otherwise it'll be a gooey mess. Although, who knows, that might be nice ;)

I stick to mainly green days as im always hungry on reds!

You may loose a litter slower but I much prefer feeling statisfied over feeling hungry.

Back