Feeling ill and SW

squiddie

Getting fit for 30!
Hi all,

I've managed to get myself tonsilitis and I'm feeling terrible with it. Has anyone got any good ideas for soft SW food that isn't any hassle to make.

Obviously the alternative is to just go off plan until I feel better, as I only started last week.

Any ideas?

Natt xx

I would say one of the packs of pasta and sauce. They will fill you up, quick to make, free or low synned and softish to swallow. Its not fine being ill and trying to stick to plan but make sure you drink PLENTY of fluids and focus on getting yourself better first of all!!! x

I'm just recovering from mumps, (Still swollen cheeks!) and I've been trying to stick to plan, but more importantly get myself better. Spent the last 5 days on my own cause i'm contagious, and must admit have had some treats i.e. sausage and chips (chip shop!) and lots of choc as it was really easy to eat.

Went to WI today and still managed to lose 0.5 so i'm pleased. From experience of T, I would bulk buy MINI MILK lollies which are only 1.5 syns each and suck on them until your better. xx

ah, sorry you feel so rotten squiddie :wave_cry: only thing i can think of adding , is to maybe freeze your yoghurts, so still syn free but nice and cold for your throat. Hope you feel loads better really soon. x

thanks for the ideas guy, just had some mash and hoops! and I love Mini Milks anyway so they're in the freezer. I keep drinking as much as I can, I hardly ever drink the 2l a day I'm supposed to so maybe being ill will help :)

Thank you for the kind thoughts

Natt xx

Oh Squiddie love that is a shame and so painful too.

Soup.

Milky drinks would be good.

Maybe scrambled eggs when you can swallow a little better.

Sugar free Jelly, cool on the throat too.

Hot honey and lemon drinks to soothe your throat.

You could mash a little potat into soup if you can swallow it, that will be more filling.

I hope you feel better soon, drink plenty of fluids, rest and sleep, (ex nurse talking now) take care.:wavey:

Home made rice pud? Tho you probably won't feel up to making it. What a shame to get this so soon after starting. Take care, rest and drink plenty.

Weetabix with warm/cold milk from your HEA and HEB if you havent already had it. That should be nice and soft once its absorbed all of the milk.

Isn't everyone so lovely here! Luckily for me, my Mum is looking after me so I'm trying my best to stay on plan as she's done SW as well. I've actually been better today that I have all week, all free foods and 2 Mini Milks! Probably because I've been asleep get up to get something to eat so I can take my morphine, drink a load of water and back to bed.

Does anyone know the name of the throat spray with the anaesthetic in it? I want to say clorophorm, but I know thats wrong!

Again thank you for all the kind thoughts

Natt xxx

You have had long lists of good suggestions, to which I cannot add, but wanted to post to send you 'get well soon' vibes, and hoping that you can muster enough energy to stick with the plan - if you can do it now, you can do it anytime :D

Oh, and I had *no idea* that mini milks were only 1.5 syns! yay! so glad I popped by :D

Hope you feel better very soon

Its just suddenly occurred to me, are there any syns in strepsils? I'm thinking yes has they have sugar in them. It hasn't got nutritional info on the pack but does say:

Tesco Dual action throat lozenges blackcurrant flavour
Sucrose, Glucose, Citric Acid, Menthol, E124, E151

Any ideas? Cheers much

Natt xxx

Back