Feeling it again today

liz0703

Silver Member
:eek: Really feeling it again today, worse than the other day(apologies again for moaning so much!). I knew I wouldnt give in the other day, and I am so close to day 7 with no food, but I really, really want to eat. I know I will be gutted if I do, its just so hard, and its really getting me down. Feel really bad tempered and down, I could cry!!:cry:
I know I am drinking the required amount of water, it s the only thing I can do to stop me eating, picking up a glass of water!!
I have my shakes in a pint glass with a pint of water (Im sure thats what I was told to do last time I did it!!), I enjoy making it last so long. Would that be the reason why I am struggling so much, or would it make no difference, and Im just being a winger!!
Also, still having no other signs of ketosis, hungar pangs gone, energy, bad breathe, furry tongue?? Or is it too soon? Or again, am I just winging??
Help!!!!!...:wave_cry:

Put it behind you and carry on like it never happened.

It's hard, that's why we all come here for support, but just look at yourself in the mirror and ask if you are happy. (That's what I do! 5 weeks in, and I've lost 32lbs!)

Have you thought about splitting your shakes and having 6 throughout the day to help with the cravings and hunger? Seems to do the trick for lots of us. Keep up with the water, you're doing great with that.

You've almost got to day 7 and your weigh in, please don't give up now. That weigh in will really spur you on for week 2 and keep you on the straight and narrow. If you gave in now you would have ruined those last 6 tough days, you really don't want to do that!

You're doing brilliantly up to now, keep going, keep your goals in mind and you can do this. The first week is always the toughest, it does get easier after this, really!

Just stick with it and that weight will soon be gone. I can't believe I've done 17 weeks tomorrow. The time has flown by and it will for you too. If I can do this, anyone can!!

Definately not happy when I look at myself in the mirror!!! Wont go out anywhere in case I bump into anyone Ive not seen for awhile because of the amount of weight I have put, turn down nights out with my friends coz all the 'fat' clothes are horrible....my list is endless!! But even those reasons, still dont make me crave food any less, I really, really wish it did!!
And well done on your weight loss, I really hope I can say the same in a few weeks

I can relate to what your saying. I too would avoid nights out and seeing people made me worry about what they think of me. We shouldnt let that affect us but we do. I don't know why it isnt enough to make us want to reach for the cupboards but we do. I nearly gave in the other night and wanted to eat everything in sight. I got through it and so glad I did. You must be strong and remember why you started this. Keep logging on till this feeling passes. Huggs to you. xx:)

MiniB, with me taking the shakes in pints I find really satisfying, they last quite a while and I feel quite full afterwards for a bit. If I carry on like this, I might try the 6 shakes, I am willing to try anything if it will help.
My weigh in day is on a wednesday (seems like a lifetime away!!), have been doing the shakes since tues 21st. Stopped cheating last saturday, so its a week tomorrow since I last ate!
I feel like everyday since I started this diet last 10 times longer! Does it really go fast like everyone has said?

Thank u Binger, it really means alot, Im glad its not just me! I would love to understand why the reasons for us wanting to be slimmer are not enough from stopping us getting fatter!!! Can we not enrol a psycologist onto this forum?? It would help alot lol

I think that first week with no food can drag a little but once you've had that first weigh in I seem to wish the weeks away to get to the next one. This is the only diet I have ever looked forward to weigh in day.

Get past that first 100% week and the time really does fly by. Couldn't believe I got through the first day let alone 17 weeks!

I was a size 20/22 trousers when I started and my confidence was at an all time low. My work trousers are now a 14 and I feel so much better about everything. My incentive to do this was just to fit in and not stand out cos of my weight. I feel as though I am there already and feel great about it.

Just stick with it and it does get easier. You get used to not eating or nibbling and it really does become second nature not to eat. Good luck and stay strong. It really is worth sticking to.

That isn't a bad idea!!!
I wasn't coping with LT so went to the GP (who is monitoring me, by the way coz I have low blood pressure) and she has said that once you are following a restrictive programme like this, caffeine can turn to glucose in the blood. Are you drinking coffee or tea? If you are, it may help with the cravings to turn to de caf. Hope it helps. I hope you will feel better soon hun x x

Wow! I didnt know that about the coffee. I am drinking full caffine coffee, about 10 cups of the stuff a day, which probably also adds to the sleepless nights and edgeness. I will definatly try that, thanks for the tip. Like I said I will try anything to get through this!!! Nearly time for my last shake of the night- bringing it forward abit coz Im struggling tonight, but will try and hold off as long as I can.

We have just had new uniforms MiniB, and I have had to get the first items of my life in size 24, I was mortified, I think that was another nudge towards this diet, but they are now hanging off me, which is good too (and why do I still need a reason to eat, i dont know!!) I cant wait til I am a 14 too.

At 2pm tomorrow, it will be my first 100% week. I am sure (60%) I will make it, I hope so!!

It's such a nice feeling when your clothes get loose isn't it? I wouldn't say I'm a size 14 yet but not far off. I bought size 16 jeans from New Look (!!!!) a couple of weeks ago but think they are already too big! I can put them off and on without undoing them. Think I will try size 14s tomorrow and see if they are any better.

Once that weight starts coming off it doesn't seem to stop and you seem to go down through the sizes quickly once you start. Keep going with LT and you will soon be going down those sizes!

Im sure they will fit, well done, I can only imagine what that feeling must be like, i hope I develop the same strength as you all

Please dont despair Liz, when i started 6 weeks ago i was a size 22 now i can easily fit into an 18 and people are starting to notice, my willpower is bad, but the more people doubted me the stronger it got, and at the end of the day i didnt want to let my pharmacist down sounds mad but it worked for me

:eek: Really feeling it again today, worse than the other day(apologies again for moaning so much!). I knew I wouldnt give in the other day, and I am so close to day 7 with no food, but I really, really want to eat. I know I will be gutted if I do, its just so hard, and its really getting me down. Feel really bad tempered and down, I could cry!!:cry:
I know I am drinking the required amount of water, it s the only thing I can do to stop me eating, picking up a glass of water!!
I have my shakes in a pint glass with a pint of water (Im sure thats what I was told to do last time I did it!!), I enjoy making it last so long. Would that be the reason why I am struggling so much, or would it make no difference, and Im just being a winger!!
Also, still having no other signs of ketosis, hungar pangs gone, energy, bad breathe, furry tongue?? Or is it too soon? Or again, am I just winging??
Help!!!!!...:wave_cry:

You are certainly not a whinger, you are having a hard time and just need support, like everyone said. Don't cave because you can do it. I recomend you buy Ketostix so that you can have proof you are in Ketosis, I use them everyday just as a reassurannce that it is all worth it!

HI, I have urine sticks at work, so yes I do check everyday obsessively lol. Still in ketosis. I take it the only way you get out of ketosis is by cheating, I can promise hand on heart I havent!! At 2pm its by one whole week since food, cant beleive I have got this far. Fell better this morning, so thank you for getting me through last night, it was so hard, but I did it, yay. Get through the bank holiday, then get to weigh in number 2 on wed. Fingers crossed.

HI, I have urine sticks at work, so yes I do check everyday obsessively lol. Still in ketosis. I take it the only way you get out of ketosis is by cheating, I can promise hand on heart I havent!! At 2pm its by one whole week since food, cant beleive I have got this far. Fell better this morning, so thank you for getting me through last night, it was so hard, but I did it, yay. Get through the bank holiday, then get to weigh in number 2 on wed. Fingers crossed.

I do not doubt for a minute you would cheat. I use the Ketostix just to remind me it's working. I say to my hubby that if I can't eat then I might as well look at my wee:). Good luck with weigh in on Wednesday. My second weigh in is on Tuesday, also trying desperate to hang in there.

Back