feeling low

operationslim31

I have been feeling fine since starting" but today. I feel a bit rubbish. Actually really really rubbish. I have a constant urge to eat.(not hungry just feel I need to although I wont) I just wish I was nearer my target than I am (i am about 260 lbs and need to be 140lbs )i reckon at this rate I be doing this long pass the summer :'(

Sorry you are on a downer today. It might seem never ending now but take each day one at a time and look forward to your weigh ins when you can see how brilliant you are doing.
Go and read a book (not a cook book!) or something to try and take your mind off eating or a warm bath?

Tomorrow is another day and you will be another day nearer to your goal ;)

Hey Hun sorry your feeling down :( I know how you feel, I've had a few days like that (I'm on day 51) and my mum said to me sometimes you just need to have a good cry ;)

How long have you been on LT now and how much lost? I'm on my app and it doesn't show me.

I want to get to 140lb (currently 219lb from 255lb) and sometimes it can feel like a long journey to my goal BUT id rather have these next few months on LT and know that finally I will be where I want to be than look back thinking 'why didn't I stick to it?'

Chin up Hun, you'll do it. Maybe have a nice bubbly bath and pamper yourself. I look at clothes online to give me thinspiration!! :D

If you need to chat or rant I'm here :)

xox

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hey Hun sorry your feeling down :( I know how you feel, I've had a few days like that (I'm on day 51) and my mum said to me sometimes you just need to have a good cry ;)

How long have you been on LT now and how much lost? I'm on my app and it doesn't show me.

I want to get to 140lb (currently 219lb from 255lb) and sometimes it can feel like a long journey to my goal BUT id rather have these next few months on LT and know that finally I will be where I want to be than look back thinking 'why didn't I stick to it?'

Chin up Hun, you'll do it. Maybe have a nice bubbly bath and pamper yourself. I look at clothes online to give me thinspiration!! :D

If you need to chat or rant I'm here :)

xox

hi i am 7 weeks coming monday and i have lost 2st4lb from 294.1 and i am currently 262.0.i know i went from a 26 to a 22in that time (roughly cant find my card think i left it behind:Snot sure if i updated ticker yet!! also on app)
do you what i ain't even sure if its the diet or other things i just dont know! completely fed up,.
your doing fantastically well bet your chuffed,
its good u have a supportive mum, i dont think it helps dieting in secret friends invite you out and you decline cos you dont want them knowing the reason behind the not drinking or not eating

operationslim31 said:
hi i am 7 weeks coming monday and i have lost 2st4lb from 294.1 and i am currently 262.0.i know i went from a 26 to a 22in that time (roughly cant find my card think i left it behind:Snot sure if i updated ticker yet!! also on app)
do you what i ain't even sure if its the diet or other things i just dont know! completely fed up,.
your doing fantastically well bet your chuffed,
its good u have a supportive mum, i dont think it helps dieting in secret friends invite you out and you decline cos you dont want them knowing the reason behind the not drinking or not eating

Wow that's a great overall loss in 6 weeks hun and to go down 2 dress sizes must feel amazing! Big well done!! :D

In terms of feeling fed up, I'm at that stage but I know it's boredom and because I don't have much of a social life at the moment (never realised how much I did that involved eating :0) its great that the weights coming off etc and feeling better but then I get moments where I think but I'm still fat :( however its better to sacrifice these months and learn how to deal with life without food than come summer be even bigger!! No more baggy black tops!! ;)

also I read a post that said the female hormone oestrogen is in fat stores so as we lose the fat the hormone is realised as well! Which could explain days feeling emotional and down.

Its tough when you can't tell people, only my family that I live with know and only because they see me making the shakes. My mums great but most don't understand why I'm going down the TFR route so I just didn't tell anyone. I'd rather not have to justify it or listen to 'but you'll put in all back on and more' blah!!

Have you told anyone? I must admit I've cancelled a few outings with friends coz food was involved but I just think of the end goal and think its not forever!

Your doing great hun, keep posting, keep drinking and I hope you feel better soon! Just think how great you'll look! :D

xox

I know what you mean husband suggested going cinema this weekend I my reply was but I can't eat not that it's something u have to eat at its the fact your so used to doing it, needless to say I am still gonna go....
The only ppl that know I am doing this diet is husband, kids and a couple very close friends not my mum or the boss, I just can't stand being the fat girl in the office any more, and I am determined that I wil be slim by summer even if I ain't skinny, I have a meeting end of march in new york(am a finance advisor(yawn double yawn) ) and he skinny girls in the office over there make you choke,
Any way am feeling slightly better thank you,
I guess your right about hormones etc and they certainly effect you more than you realise,
Think thin right !!!! Xxx

Yeah that's the spirit!!
Make sure Hubby doesn't have anything to eat at the cinema either or it won't be very fair on you.
Roll on Summer is what I say then we can all be slimmer ;)

not sure if this will help but i just keep thinking it took me years to get to my weight and if it takes 6 months or 1 yr its nothing. One day we will be able to go out and do all the stuff ppl take for granted in the grand schemes of things I would rather be doing something to address this weight than wait on it disappearing by itself, chin up lovie take the hard days and use it to realise we wont FORGET how hard we worked for the slim body you WILL have soon xx

tweeza said:
not sure if this will help but i just keep thinking it took me years to get to my weight and if it takes 6 months or 1 yr its nothing. One day we will be able to go out and do all the stuff ppl take for granted in the grand schemes of things I would rather be doing something to address this weight than wait on it disappearing by itself, chin up lovie take the hard days and use it to realise we wont FORGET how hard we worked for the slim body you WILL have soon xx

Yeah I guess. Am hoping I can do most by october. I have about 8 st 10 lb left too lose. So I guess roughly 9 months ish its hard to believe we already in march. So guess time goes fast :-S well I can dream that it wil:-D

I know what you mean husband suggested going cinema this weekend I my reply was but I can't eat not that it's something u have to eat at its the fact your so used to doing it, needless to say I am still gonna go....

Thats a really good attitude. We all need to be able to learn to go to the places where we would usually (and often unnecessarily) eat and then not eat.

I find "leisure"s hopping one of my big trigger points. Its only as I've been walking round shopping centres that I realised how I would often plan shopping trips based on where I was going to stop for morning coffee and a muffin/ lunch/ afternoon coffee and cake. Needles to say my thin friends don't think like that.

Also, when doing a long car journey driving down to see a friend in Brighton, or up to see my niece in Edinburgh, I would make sure I was well stocked up for the journey with at least a sandwich, big packet of crisps and family sized bag of revels!

If we are going to succeed in making this the final time we need to lose weight, then we are going to have to find, face up to and change all the times when we unnecessarily eat.

Well done you! Seven weeks on LT is a massive achievement. If it helps, when my hubby gave up smoking his therapist said it was all about doing the first three days, then the first three weeks, then the first three months. Once your through those hurdles can you begin to think about your self as a former addict!

Dusty67 said:
Thats a really good attitude. We all need to be able to learn to go to the places where we would usually (and often unnecessarily) eat and then not eat.

I find "leisure"s hopping one of my big trigger points. Its only as I've been walking round shopping centres that I realised how I would often plan shopping trips based on where I was going to stop for morning coffee and a muffin/ lunch/ afternoon coffee and cake. Needles to say my thin friends don't think like that.

Also, when doing a long car journey driving down to see a friend in Brighton, or up to see my niece in Edinburgh, I would make sure I was well stocked up for the journey with at least a sandwich, big packet of crisps and family sized bag of revels!

If we are going to succeed in making this the final time we need to lose weight, then we are going to have to find, face up to and change all the times when we unnecessarily eat.

Well done you! Seven weeks on LT is a massive achievement. If it helps, when my hubby gave up smoking his therapist said it was all about doing the first three days, then the first three weeks, then the first three months. Once your through those hurdles can you begin to think about your self as a former addict!

I hope so.:) I took the girls shopping today and again the food thing. Stood out like a sore thumb " I just bought my self a bracelet instead which eased the issue slightly :). I do internet shop a bit like window shopping and dream about what I am gonna wear I reckon that helps x

Hey how did the pics go? I love the cinema but it was an excuse to eat :( now though I just ask for a large iced tap water and as it comes in the big cola cups I feel I'm having a drink like everyone else plus it's free :D

I remember my mum told me when she was younger that one thing she had to learn to overcome was having a cup of tea without a biscuit. It was such a habit for her but she did it and still doesn't grab the biscuit tin to this day. We just need to recondition ourselves that social outings are not based on what or where we can eat.

I used to plan my trips out like a military operation. All about the food, coffee and scone there, then a butty on the go then a meal somewhere plus all the choc and sweets in between.

Now though I went to marks and Spencer's for the 1st time since starting (there scones were my weakness) and I just had a coffee! My mum had my lil free biscuit and I wasn't bothered and I enjoyed my drink. It was actually nice to feel in control and to window shop without planning my next binge. Plus looking at all the smaller size dresses was thinspiration for me! :)

This diet has made me realise how much I hid behind food and used my fat as a way to get out of things but I was miserable! I had no life other than work and eating! That's why a few months without food and feeling down is a better sacrifice than getting bigger and bigger.

Come on we CAN do this!! :D

xox

tweeza said:

Love this! In the grand scheme of things this diet it fast when you look back and it's no hassle in terms of counting calories or weighing stuff. You just make your shake and your done. Simples :)

My dad said to me at the start when I was saying its going to take ages!!! It took me years to build my weight to 18+ stones but less than a year to get it off is nothing!!

How true and now I've stopped thinking but I can't have that or there eating my favourite stuff instead I think this is my life for the time being and that stuff isn't included. I can't go back to my old eating habits anyway so I need to get used to that!

Roll on summer when we're all skinny Minnie's :D

xox

bex! said:
Hey how did the pics go? I love the cinema but it was an excuse to eat :( now though I just ask for a large iced tap water and as it comes in the big cola cups I feel I'm having a drink like everyone else plus it's free :D

I remember my mum told me when she was younger that one thing she had to learn to overcome was having a cup of tea without a biscuit. It was such a habit for her but she did it and still doesn't grab the biscuit tin to this day. We just need to recondition ourselves that social outings are not based on what or where we can eat.

I used to plan my trips out like a military operation. All about the food, coffee and scone there, then a butty on the go then a meal somewhere plus all the choc and sweets in between.

Now though I went to marks and Spencer's for the 1st time since starting (there scones were my weakness) and I just had a coffee! My mum had my lil free biscuit and I wasn't bothered and I enjoyed my drink. It was actually nice to feel in control and to window shop without planning my next binge. Plus looking at all the smaller size dresses was thinspiration for me! :)

This diet has made me realise how much I hid behind food and used my fat as a way to get out of things but I was miserable! I had no life other than work and eating! That's why a few months without food and feeling down is a better sacrifice than getting bigger and bigger.

Come on we CAN do this!! :D

xox

Cinema went fine I took a bottle of water with me. But I know what your sayin about habits. Its completely ridiculous that we get caught on old habits and sometimes (certainly in my case) its linked to how I was brought up. And I am not blaming my mum but we had the "ooo you fallen here huni have a biscuits" and then my dad and nan passed away and of course thats when I gained my first substantial weight I was 13 when they died and by the time I was 16 I weighed 15st. And then its been a downward spiral. (funny enough I am really really strict where it comes to my children and food. They will not battle weight like I have if it kills me") I am fully intending on learning new patterns to deal with this comfort eating behaviour how I dont quite know yet but I will. And to top it off I got my self into a size twenty summer skirt yesterday(albeit possibly a one off but who cares its stil 4 sizes smaller than when I started:-D) its reminders like that make me believe we can do it x x x

Back