Feeling Pants

rosiepeace

Silver Member
It was WI last night and I lost 2 lbs :)

However as with most WI days I then pigged out - last night it was KFC, cake and custard.

The KFC was nice but the cake wasn't and I didn't really want the custard. :(

Have woken up this morning feeling very bad, have cramps - which is likely to turn into spending a lot of time on the loo later (sorry if TMI) :jelous:
I'm also feeling really down at the mo due to various personal reasons (probs with hubby, lack of sleep with child - he was up to gone 3 and I was up at 7 as I have my neice today) :sigh:

I do this to myself every week and every tuesday I suffer for it - I do wonder if I would have bigger weight losses without do it - but am not sure at the moment. :confused:

But all in all am feeling rather down and very much pants at the moment - just hoping I can get back onto plan so I don't put on anymore weight.

Sorry but I just needed somewhere to moan and something to remind me how bad I'm feeling the day after to try and make me not do it next week! :cry:

I wonder if you could "plan" your treat better? That way you might well your having your "reward" but not making yourself ill.

so heres how an example of mine would go planned the night before of course so i'm in control

Just fruit during day because of weigh in (not suggesting that anyone else should do this)

after WI

Chicken chow mein (love this and all the better because I haven't had to cook)

Choch ice ( because it's a portion I can't over indulge like I would if I was dishing up a portion form a tub)

Small glass of wine.

It's a thought, maybe it would be worth a try?

Try not to feel pants, just put it behind you and carry on.

You know you can do this. xxxxxx

You don't need your losses to be any bigger, they're perfect as they are, don't forgot this is a plan for life so slow and steady is the way.

You are having your treat, try and make sure you syn it as much as you can. You are still losing so it's working for you and it's not really a problem yet. If you stop losing then you have to revise what you're doing.

You've done really well up to now so don't give up, just remember why you started SW in the first place. :)

Your losses are fantastic!
As for treats after WI how about trying something none food related?
Maybe paint your nails or have a really relaxing bath?
In honesty I have a little treat as long as Ive lost at least 1lb - a packet of smarties!!!! And i dont even count them - Im sooooooooo bad lol x x x x

It is really hard to get your head around the fact that this plan is a way of eating for life and does allow treats so that you do not deprive yourself of the things you love.

Why not calculate the amount of syns in your "treats" and every day put some in your treats piggy bank for W.I night so that psychologically you feel o.k. about what you are doing.

My niece lost 8 stones on SW and always saved enough syns for a Friday night Indian meal and a few vodkas.

Your weight loses to date are impressive and consistent. I hope I do as well as you.

As for the feeling ill. I have found that it is just the sweet things like the cake that make me feel ill. On Saturday a friend gave me a very small piece of their birthday cake. I felt ill within minutes and a little later was sick, so I didn't bother to syn it lol.

Hope you have drawn a line and started fresh today. The important thing I have learned up to now is yes have the occassional treat, but make sure to jump back onto plan for your next meal. You are doing great and going in the right direction, so get back in control now.
Maybe for your next WI you can make the SW KFC, 1/2 syn Roullade or any other recipe that takes your fancy without going off plan.
Good luck for this week and hope you feel better soon!

Can't really offer more advice than has been given but feel I can totally relate, no matter if I count the syns or if I've promised myself a treat the guilt is there and my body punishes me.

I recommend preparing something really nice for yourself before weigh in so your treat is something you worked for and something you know you'll enjoy with out having to cook after a weigh in. If not make time to go for a stroll to clear your head, take a friend or your OH.

It takes time to change habits, hon. You'll find as you go along that the need to 'pig out' after a successful weigh-in will diminish, you'll start to realise that all you need is a specific treat to celebrate your success that week - it can be a small thing, it doesn't need to be masses of stuff you're 'not allowed'. A little bar of your favourite chocolate will have the same celebratory effect as a huge plate of junk.

After a while, you might find that you actually don't want food as a reward, but something else - I used to buy myself a bunch of flowers off the market. I love flowers and they are a luxury for me, so that was my reward. :)

I agree with all the others about not worrying about your losses so far and indulging a little as part of life. Rosiepeace, there was something in there that resonated but I'm probably projecting here. Do you think a little part of you may be trying to sabotage yourself? I only ask because when I lost a set amount before it scared me so much that I ate until I became huge again, think I was a bit scared of this new me emerging. Sorry if I'm way out of line, I think too much sometimes!

I really wouldn't begrudge yourself a treat on the night after weigh-in - this is probably the best time, if ever, to do this, as you're then left with the rest of the week knowing how many syns you're left with.

I think if you worry too much about treating yourself, you'll not do any favours. However, if it's making you feel so crappy the day after, is it really worth it? :(

Think of your favourite, non-takeaway meal that you would normally think used more syns than you would like, and eat that instead. That way, you've had your 'naughty treat' without putting any rubbish in your body! You'll probably feel better the next day!

Either way, don't be too harsh on yourself; your losses are great and seem pretty consistent - and as someone mentioned before, slow and steady is the way forward!

Thank you so much guys for your helpful advice and kind words.

I have drawn a line under it and was fine today - although I did skip breakfast due to feeling a little on the rough side!

I do hear what you are all saying and ever Tuesday I tell myself that I'm not going to go overboard with my 'treats' but then by the time it gets to Monday again I've forgotten how rubbish I felt last week. :jelous: :mad:

I know in my heart that my losses are good at the moment and that I'm still losing and that I should be happy but my head is trying to rush it - stupid head!! - Even though I know it took time to put the weight on and that it will take time to get the weight off - my head likes to see results straight away and is complaining about it a bit! :mad: :rolleyes:

Faustina - you could be right and I may well be trying to sabotage myself! :eek:
But I have to remember why I want to lose this weight and change the way I eat - although before SW I didn't get a take out every week!!!! :rolleyes:

I can't have my treat this Monday anyway as my WI day this week is Thursday due to bank hol on Monday. Which means only 4 days till the next one so I know that I can't have a big overindulgent Thursday! I'm hoping to use this to break the habit of going overboard

And you are all right - slow and steady is fine.

Elizabeth - the idea of buying myself a bunch of flowers sounds like a great idea - flowers every week would be great :) - I may have to start that instead of having a take out or massive amount of chocolate.

Once again thank you guys for taking the time to read and to respond to my moaning and groaning post! :gen126:

Back