Feeling rather disheartened............

Catwoman

Sorry to moan - again. Week one I had totm so on the Sunday pop in I had only lost 1.7 pounds but by the official one week weigh in (the Wednesday) I had lost 6.8 pounds total which I was really pleased about. However yesterday, week two weigh in, it was back to 1.9 pounds loss. No totm, no cheating, 100% to the letter, so how come ? I was the only one in my group who had lost so little - including two people with totm - and I am very disappointed. Even looking at all January starters on here I am the smallest loss. Plus I am still getting physically hungry despite keeping to plan. I won't give up but I want to know if anyone has had a similar experience to me please ? Any pearls of wisdom ? I would be very grateful because it is hard enough without seeing good results, especially only two weeks in. X.:confused:

Oh Catwoman that is hard.

The only thing I can say is it WILL work.Your body can not survive on so little calories without burning fat! And then the weight will come off.

I use to lose every other week really good and then the week inbetween about 1lb - but always got to a stone a month.

Good luck and well done for not giving up - hopefully you'll be well rewarded next week.

Hi Catwoman

I'm on the Cambridge Diet which is similar to LL. When I started in October my weightloss was also slow. 8lbs in the first week and 2 in the second. In the weeks after that 4lbs then back down to 2lbs. I too was upset and wondered why I was sacrificing so much for so little weightloss. My sister is losign considerably more than I in those weeks. But I learned to relax and accept it, I struggled for almost a year to lose just 1lb and as the weeks go my collective weightloss now totals 49lbs. An average of a stone a month.

Hang in there. You will see good weightloss.

Just out of interest are you drinking enough water or struggling? Also what exercise are you doing?

Hi Catwoman,

I only lost 2lb last week despite sticking to CD SS 100%, and no totm. :( I also definitely feel phsically hungry quite a lot of the time :( :sigh: (unless I'm having a phase where I'm so cold that I can't type and then I don't really notice ;) ) but I think ketosis affects people in different ways. I just try to keep glugging the water, knowing that the weight WILL come off.

Hope you feel better and start seeing more encouraging losses soon. :)

Thank you for your replies. Icemoose I am finding the water easy, have had no trouble with 4 litres a day - have had 2 litres today already, so it's not that. I know that muscle weighs more than fat but I haven't upped my exercise drastically : I am walking every day (school runs twice a day) but have started walking the long way back after dropping my son off. That is only an extra 1/2 a kilometre a day max. I must say that if I ignore the scales, my jeans, bra (lol) and other clothes are getting way too big so that is what I am reminding myself. I just really want reassurance that if I stick to it it will pay off eventually.x.:)

Hi Catwoman (((((hugs))))))))

If you stick with it, it will pay off. Weight fluctuates from hour to hour due to water. When sticking to the plan and in ketosis you CANNOT fail to burn fat, it is impossible not to. I would stay away from the scales for the moment and concentrate on how your clothes are and how different you are feeling. At the end of the day, it's not what those tiny figures say on the scales that REALLY matters, it's how you perceive yourself and how good you feel.

Stick with it hun, you will be fine and remember, its not a competition, you are doing this for you!!

Thank you for your replies. Icemoose I am finding the water easy, have had no trouble with 4 litres a day - have had 2 litres today already, so it's not that. I know that muscle weighs more than fat but I haven't upped my exercise drastically : I am walking every day (school runs twice a day) but have started walking the long way back after dropping my son off. That is only an extra 1/2 a kilometre a day max. I must say that if I ignore the scales, my jeans, bra (lol) and other clothes are getting way too big so that is what I am reminding myself. I just really want reassurance that if I stick to it it will pay off eventually.x.:)

I think you sound like you are doing it perfectly to me with the walking and the excellent water intake. Therefore I would just hang in there and I would expect the scales to move sooner rather than later.

M.

"I must say that if I ignore the scales, my jeans, bra (lol) and other clothes are getting way too big "

Catwoman, you've hit the nail on the head! Scales can be deceptive, but you can't argue when your pants fall down!

Measure yourself weekly as well, and there you will see the numbers reducing. Try not to get too hung up on the scales (I know it is difficult not to compare yourself to other members of your group), how do YOU feel? Have you got energy? Are you sleeping better? Clothes getting looser? Previously tight trousers sliding on easily?

Hi Catwoman

My digital scales are a mixed blessing. This week I almost took a photo of the amazing leap into a lower stone, and could have kissed them. :)

Then I got some water retention and they went up again. :eek:

I know I've been totally obsessed this week and it isn't doing me any good, because of the daily fluctuations. :confused: Next day I lost the water and I had lost 2lbs of fat which I suspected, because my size 14 trousers are getting baggy.

I know I have got to leave those wretched scales under the bed and best to leave well alone for at least a fortnight now. As long as you stick to the diet it will work. Far better to buy something that is a wee bit tight and see how you fit into it as the weeks go by.

I bought a size 12 trousers this week and I shall try them on every week until they feel really comfy. They are a bit tight just now. This is one of the best indications of weight loss - fat loss.

Think positive, good things happen when you do.

Good Luck
Marylyn xx

THANK YOU X 1 MILLION !!!

I felt truly awful yesterday but today am feeling a lot better. Thank you for all your replies, sometimes you need to hear from other people who have been in the same 'boat' to get reassurance. :) I will try not to get on my scales too often because that does tend to determine my mood which isn't constructive. Saying that, today I seem to have dropped another 2 pounds and my fat percentage is the lowest it has been in 6 years so it must be working - albeit with fluctuations ! When I am at my group it is easy to compare but out of the 13 of us I have the least to lose so my losses would be smaller each week anyway. Thank you again for the support, you are an amazing group of virtual mates.x.

Catwoman don't stress I only lost 1lb last week! I have been assured it will work out over the weeks to more than this so for now I am reserving judgement (until tmos weigh in that is!)
x

Just a thought..have you kept a record of your measurements? For those weeks where the ibs loss is slow it can help to see the inches go down even if the scales dont? Good to see you're feeling better though!
Logicallythough it cant fail to work can it - 500 cals a day when you need approximatly 1200 (a very rough approximation!) to maintain...

I call my husband Fish Face !!!!

:) Only because our surname is Fisher, not for any other reason !!! I have been really up and down this week, it hasn't helped that it was hubbys birthday on Wednesday. Also was daughters 14th this weekend and had a family party here which I did all the food etc. They all ate whilst I had a ll bar and another litre of water ! Yum !! lol ! Some days seem to fly whilst others really drag, it's weird. Today I would have gladly rugby tackled great grandma for her plate of party food !! I keep reminding myself I am doing well, day 18, only 82 to go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

way to go cat woman! That used to be my nickname as I have 4!! Used to have 7!! Well done for getting hrough another day! Dont think of it as 100 days just focus on a day at a time and no tackling grandmas-its not nice & I am sure illegal!! Possible would get off with temporary insanity due to not having eaten for 18 days but how would you get your packs in the nick eh! Mind you they seem to be able to smuggle heroin in so you never know it could get past the sniffer dogs!! ANywy. Keep up the god work & let us know how you get on on your weigh in! Also please remind me of this advice when I start!! I'll need it when going slightly insane & wanting to chew the arm of my sofa!!

How you doing cat woman? One of mine (dotty, the runt, black & white & very naughty but loving!) is sitting & sending you a special "keep going" purr!

Hey there fish-face !!

I have 3 cats - all rescue - hence the Catwoman nickname.... I am good, thanx for asking. Ups and downs seem to be part and parcel of the whole ll journey - if it was too easy I would get complacent. I have lost another 3.3 pounds at weigh in this week so 12 pounds 1 ounce total in 3 weeks. I am v pleased !! Makes it worth all the hard work. BTW I read (some of) your blog. I am almost 37and am mad about cats too. :)

I love cats too!

But am still mourning the death of my Tab last October. He was 18 and was my companion when I moved into my first flat.

He was mine and I was his!

My kids want to me replace him. Not yet.

Back