feeling really down! stupid BINGE!!

basically was trying to be really good this week and aiming for 3-4lbs loss

did well and stayed in points yesterday and today was going so well until this evening, when i opted for the biscuits...

i ate about 18pp worth!!!! of crap in the whole day... ended up going about 16pp over my dailies! was planning on not using weeklies after a 0.5lb gain last week

now i feel like ive ruined the whole week!!
this is my 6th week, until now ive lost 9lbs but put 0.5lb on last week, and i just think oh no its all coming back!! dramatic i know i just feel so down

im going to go under on my points for the rest of the week now at 30 points insstead of 34

anyone else had a stupid binge and had a good loss??

first of all dont be so hard on yourself , you have done really well and should be congratulating yourself , dont worry about going into weeklies and def dont reduce your pp . i know how u feel i have had plently of weeks were i have been sooo good and gained (felt like telling leader her scales lie !) i had a weekend binge a couple of weeks ago and lost 1.5 so it can be done i know it is frustrating but stick ith it and dont give up xxx

Firstly try not to to be so hard on yourself.

I think you've done fantastically well losing the amount of weight you have over a small period of time.

Yes you did have a 'binge' on biscuits but you was within your weeklies, so you're still on track, even though you didn't plan to have your weeklies.

One thing I will say that to aim to lose 3-4lb is putting you and your body under a lot of pressure. To lose that amount of weight you need a calorie deficit for the week of about 10,500 - 13,000. That's a lot of calories.

If you are too restrictive, you are more likely to head towards binges. Sadly I know this from my experience.

If you want the plan to work, you need to follow it correctly. Your daily and weeklies give you a calorie deficit so there isn't a need to be cutting back.

Just try and relax, a slow and steady pace of weight loss is always better. You might take the scenic route but life will far more fun and enjoyable.

Good luck

thanks guys, i was only going to cut back because in the 1st week i lost 4.5lbs and i went under by 4pp nearly everyday and didnt use my weeklies. then i started using weeklies and my loss gradually declined to 1-2lbs and then a small gain last week

having slept on it though, ive decided i will try to use all 34pp but just not snack on rubbish.

do you find that if you use all your propoints on 'good food' so not chocs and stuff that you lose more?

Hiya,

Not really sure on losses as I've only ever eaten one way

I always aim to use my points of my meals first, making sure they are balanced with all the correct food groups. Once I've got my meals pointed then what is left over are for pointed snacks at the moment I'm into biscuits.

I have 'normal' foods like sausages, chicken nuggets and chips, as I'm a great believer that to make any diet work it has to fit to your lifestyle. My.family have these meals so I'll have the same but smaller portions. I also try to add Veg where ever possible.

If I drink alcohol I never got good losses so try and avoid it.

I've had a loss nearly every week (1lb) with a few sts. I eat all my daily and weekly points.

Id love to have big losses but then I'd have to go on a strict diet and I'd be miserable. I'd rather have a little something I like each day and get a pound loss. I will still get slimmer in time and have lovely food too. That's a win win

Well said cheeky. Any time ive tried before ive cut everything out with the result binged but this time im exactly like you , i eat what i want burgers sausages etc and once ive pointed them i dont feel guilty and have lost every wk for 4 wks. X x

1991 dont cut back your points because when your leader drops down your points because you have already done it you will end up not losing. Dont worry about your little blip. New day today so chin up and start again x x

Yeah hun dont be too hard pn yourself if you havent gone over your weeklies just hope that you have had a good loss eh fingers crossed for you.

I joined my group last week after doing the old points system on my own for a bit. I have been really good all week but had a mate round wednesday and had 4 glasses of red wine and friday I had a wholw bottle of wine and again last night I had 4 small glasses. I feel really peed off with myself that I havent been able to say no and thats more than I usually drink in a week and feel like I have ruined my good work this morning. I think I have only used half of my weeklies and intend cutting back on my points till tuesday to make up for it.

So here's to a good weightloss for everyone xx

Thanks Goose

Crickey I do have high pointed dinners but it makes life so much easier. I don't see any need to come off WW as its my 'normal' life.

In addition I've got the approach that if all foods are included in my diet now, when i come to goal I'll have learnt how to eat everything in moderation and the move to maintenance will be easy.

The amount of times I've done a diet, stopped having certain foods to only get to goal and go back to eating them on excess. I've never learnt to have them in moderation so i go mad and gain weight. Not this time!

thanks again! i was just being a bit dramatic! it's because im off to uni next weekend and will be a fresher - ie lots of drinking! so really wanted a good loss this week, to make up for what im sure is to be 2 bad weeks!
i have been doing an hour of exercise everyday for past 5 weeks, so this week im going to do an extra 30 min run each day and really hope for atleast 2lb loss :) and will use my dailies but on good healthy meals :D

this is my diary from yesterday:

breakfast:
3 weetabix 5pp
skimmed milk 1pp
banana 0pp
2 ryvitta 1pp

Lunch:
jacket potato and salad 7pp
apple 0pp

Dinner:
salmon and veg 6pp
strawberries 0pp
apple 0pp
2 homemade small cookies 7pp (not sure of the points)

snacks:
kellogs special k bar 3pp
4 ww cookies 4pp
diet coke 0pp
apple 0pp
strawberries

then the binge:
5 pink and whites 6pp
other biscuits 10pp

how terrible is that!!!

was on my dailies exactly until the binge

total:
34/34
16/49
plus 1 hour of exercise - body pump class.

i suppose its not that bad if i only got 16 into my weeklies and do an extra 2-3 hours of exercise this week - cardio.

Thanks Goose

Crickey I do have high pointed dinners but it makes life so much easier. I don't see any need to come off WW as its my 'normal' life.

In addition I've got the approach that if all foods are included in my diet now, when i come to goal I'll have learnt how to eat everything in moderation and the move to maintenance will be easy.

The amount of times I've done a diet, stopped having certain foods to only get to goal and go back to eating them on excess. I've never learnt to have them in moderation so i go mad and gain weight. Not this time!

Thats exactly what i did but as you said not this time. I seem to have my head around it . And a little of everything keeps me happy . I even had a little choc doughnut this wk which before would have been a no no but i worked my points around it and ate it guilt free. Here is to a good weigh in this wk x x

That binge is not nearly as bad as you think. Its only 16 from your weeklies. You will be fine and you did great exercise. Dont be worrying x x

yeah i can see that now, was being a bit silly.

thanks anyways :)

also great weight loss! just saw how much you've been losing thats fab!

basically was trying to be really good this week and aiming for 3-4lbs loss

did well and stayed in points yesterday and today was going so well until this evening, when i opted for the biscuits...

i ate about 18pp worth!!!! of crap in the whole day... ended up going about 16pp over my dailies! was planning on not using weeklies after a 0.5lb gain last week

now i feel like ive ruined the whole week!!
this is my 6th week, until now ive lost 9lbs but put 0.5lb on last week, and i just think oh no its all coming back!! dramatic i know i just feel so down

im going to go under on my points for the rest of the week now at 30 points insstead of 34

anyone else had a stupid binge and had a good loss??

I did when I weighed in on 14th- I must have eaten double my weeklies and still lost 2 lbs. This was after weeks of gains when 100% though. You may still have a loss :)

Back