feeling really low

now i'm 30

Hello everyone

Happy friday to you all.
I've really struggled this last week on CD. Been feeling as flat as a fart and quite low. I've found it hard to stay on the straight and narrow and have been really craving some carbs. I've tried so hard not to give in and I've managed not to totally lose control. I've made a small blip once or twice (nothing to what they wanted to be) but I just feel so low.
I haven't managed to get to the gym as I've been so tired and lethargic. I hate my job, my other half is in the middle of court proceedings for his divorce and other than that I don't feel like I've succeeded with the CD this week.
Has anyone got any wise words of wisdom they could impart on me, failing that a rocket to stick up my arse.
Lots of thanks in advance

Keep going this is my first week and I and I am feeling very positive, the best thing is don't beat yourself up if you have a couple of blips just think of each day as your future new you.
xxxx

aww kate
sorry your feeling low
put some music on and have a long bath with lots of bubbles
177290dby40nw7o5.gif

abgraphics202816629.gif

kaz :D

thats a good idea. I'm normally ok, i just seem to be really stressed at the mo. I would really like to consider a new job but not sure what to do. And bit worried bout changing careers. Anyone got any inspirational jobs going?:confused:

Cant help on the job front. But if you can just get through this week Im sure that next week on the CD will be easier, just take one day at a time and dont give in.....you will be so pleased with yourself at the end that it will more than make up for the job.

Hello everyone

Happy friday to you all.
I've really struggled this last week on CD. Been feeling as flat as a fart and quite low. I've found it hard to stay on the straight and narrow and have been really craving some carbs. I've tried so hard not to give in and I've managed not to totally lose control. I've made a small blip once or twice (nothing to what they wanted to be) but I just feel so low.
I haven't managed to get to the gym as I've been so tired and lethargic. I hate my job, my other half is in the middle of court proceedings for his divorce and other than that I don't feel like I've succeeded with the CD this week.
Has anyone got any wise words of wisdom they could impart on me, failing that a rocket to stick up my arse.
Lots of thanks in advance

Hello - sorry you're feeling so down at the minute :( keep on keepin on....keep drinkin the water.....stick with your packs..and the weight will fall off !! AND you'll feel sooo much better ....:D

try to focus on the positives ....you can do this !!

love

Debz
xx

Stick with it, part of the reason I am over weight is seeking comfort in food, in the long runs you will feel better anyway so keep off the calories.

Good luck !

Keep your chin up and the fridge door closed!

Everyone has their off days - Last week for me was really tough, I had a lot going on in my personal life which, like you, tired me out physically as well and mentally/emotionally leaving me feeling tired and lethargic all week.

I was tempted to cheat but each time reminded myself that if I though I was feeling low now how much worse it would be after I had cheated. When that didn't work I would get out the pair of trousers I wore before this diet started and revel in how silly they look now that they hang off me.

I hope things improve for you over the weekend.

Take Care

Hi Kate,
Hope today you're feeling more positive?
I was feeling crap last night too and for 2 pence I'd have gone to the chinese but fought with myself and went to be early instead. Then I came on here today and I've been reading inspirational stories only till I was back on my positive trail.
So it will pass Kate, look at some job websites and inspire yourself with ideas (and if you find anything let me know too lol)
Good luck and look forward xx

I felt flat and low last week just keep in control as best you can, you do come through it. I had no idea why i felt like that i just did. Hope you feel as good as i do now.:D

:coffee: Aw thanks everyone, you're all so kind and lovely on this site.
I ended up going to bed at 9.30pm last night and slept all through (except waking for a wee 3 x ha ha) till 9am today. I've been out gardening today, getting some fresh air etc so think I may have a nice bath and have a bit of me time.
I'm gonna join Stacey and her motley crew for the June challenge see if that will give me a toe up the bum I need and other than that I'm gonna look for a new job. I've always tried to think that if you don't like something you gotta change it. Its ok to have a moan but if its what you're always doing then you've gotta fix it. So thats what I'm gonna do.
I would love to get back into a rewarding job where I was able to help people, rather than trying to sell pharmaceuticals to Drs who are extremely rude and don't want to know. Think I will go and do some research.
:read: What do you all do for a living and do you enjoy your jobs?

:coffee: Aw thanks everyone, you're all so kind and lovely on this site.
I ended up going to bed at 9.30pm last night and slept all through (except waking for a wee 3 x ha ha) till 9am today. I've been out gardening today, getting some fresh air etc so think I may have a nice bath and have a bit of me time.
I'm gonna join Stacey and her motley crew for the June challenge see if that will give me a toe up the bum I need and other than that I'm gonna look for a new job. I've always tried to think that if you don't like something you gotta change it. Its ok to have a moan but if its what you're always doing then you've gotta fix it. So thats what I'm gonna do.
I would love to get back into a rewarding job where I was able to help people, rather than trying to sell pharmaceuticals to Drs who are extremely rude and don't want to know. Think I will go and do some research.
:read: What do you all do for a living and do you enjoy your jobs?

Hiya - glad you're feeling more posistive today :)

when I feel bad bout my life. I always think of this quote...

"if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got !! "

SO - try something different today...and tomorrow....!!

love

Debz
x

hi kate
im a programme worker for adults with learning and physical disabilities.....and i love it !!!!!!! been doing it for 9years and dont think id ever swap it !
reading back on your thread......and i just had to post something....
im on day 5 and spent 2 hrs crying today feeling sad and depressed all because of food.....
ive since eaten a chicken kabab and feel like crap.....guilty
and now i dont know what to do
im thinking this diet is maybe not for me i can live with another shake........

Don't give up!!!!! Honestly this is a great diet. Have an extra shake and keep your water intake up. It really is true what they say - the more you drink the more you shrink. Don't worry about your kebab its done and gone just keep in your mind how you feel about it so that next time you are tempted you may well think twice because you feel bad. Weightloss is 1% physical and 99% phsycological we can do this we just need to capture our motivators and learn how to keep hold of them in our times of need. Its always so much easier to give advice than to follow it eh?
Keep on chick, we can all do this if we support each other

thanks kate i really appreciate the advice....
i was wondering what to do tomorro regarding having the shakes or just giving up
i have a holiday booked for the end of july and i dont want to go i feel sad
if i could find someone to take my place then i would
ill go to bed and sleep on it.....im dreading what the scales will say.....thanks again!

I have a house that I run for the homeless,mainly alcoholics. I am also a cycle coach, fitness instructor and nutritionist.

Nice quote Debz
Thanks

Hey Iwilldothis
I know hoe you feel when you dont want to go somewhere even though its all booked. I did it recently on a hen do - booked and paid to go to barcelona and then just didnt go. Didnt want to spend a weekend drinking and end up coming home feeling like i'd ruined everything. So i lost the money i paid rather than spend even more and feel poo. :eek: I made up a story abount missing the plane. How bad is that???!!!
Keep on with the shakes if you're struggling why don't you do the 790 or 1000 programme. You will still lose weight and maybe more able to stick with it rather than give up a feel negative. This programme is very flexible and at the end of the day we all have to find the right programme for ourselves so that we can succeed. Its better to add some healthy food choices like chicken and fish and salad than to give up entirely. Even if its just to help you through the rough part and then when you feel stronger use just the shakes. Yes being in ketosis is great for burning fat but it can also be a very difficult choice to make to ss. The actual calorie deficit you are creating by following which ever part of the programme you use is probably the most important part of any diet along with the lifestyle modifications we need to maintain our weightloss in the long term. Its all about balance - calories in versus calories out / finding the cambridge programme that suits you for long term improved health versus choosing the programme that you struggle with and end up throwing in the towel.
Anyway I'll stop waffling on, keep up the good work and don't give up, just find what suits you the best.

Back