Feeling really sad & low at the moment..AN UPDATE

big bear

A bear on a mission!
need your love & support...

been okish SW style but not eating enough fruit or drinking enough water...

I think a little bit of post natal depression kicking in & feeling so tired, not motivated & really low...

I've lost 19lbs in total & not had a gain which I'm happy about but no motivation to eat properly..

I need a virtual shoulder to cry/vent on....:cry:

Well I've been to the drs & he's put me on mild depression tablets. I've been feeling awful for a few weeks & hoped I wouldn't have to go on tablets again but these things happen. I was on them for about 3 months before when my son was 1 then i fell pregnant with my daughter & came of them.

My H hours are being cut & I'm worried sick about that which hasn't helped at my maternity pay runs out next month & we can't cope financially with his salary alone. I'm applying for part-time jobs but as you all know it's a tough world out there.

i'm trying to get out walking etc but at the moment I don't want to leave the house, have no motivation, feeling guilty, no energy etc

I'm being okish with SW but my heart isn't in it but I had WI today & STS so I'm having one last 'off' day today & then back on track 100% for 1 last push to get as much of as possible before 1st May

Anyhow I just wanted to update you all & thanks for your lovely comments.

Last edited:
Consider my shoulder wet and soggy xxxxx

As far as SW is concerned, take it one week at a time when trying to change things. Today, try and drink more water and then a little bit more the next day and then a bit bit more after that. After doing that for a week you will feel much better.

Then next week, eat one piece of fruit a day, then two, then three and so on ...........

It can be really hard when you are trying to do everything at once. Just go easy on yourself.

With regards to the PND, go and see you doctor TODAY!!! Please don't leave it go away on it's own. I don't know if you have suffered with this before, so I hope I'm not teaching you to suck eggs :D

Most of all, take care of yourself and stay on the wagon as much as you can. We are here when you need us xxxx

I don't have any practical advice to offer but wanted to send you a big hug, congratulate you on doing so well on SW while doing the most important job of being a mum and to say please reach out and get some help, from your doc, family, friends as I'm sure they all want to help you in any way they can.

Take care xxx

bighug.gif
bighug.gif
bighug.gif

Loads and loads of hugs BB.

Now, stop beating yourself up over silly little things that you can control.
You have done so well since you had the baba, you have lost 19lbs.....you haven't put 19lbs on !!!

As was suggested, if you think the water and fruit thing are so important to your weight losses, take it easy increase your imput a little at a time. Find ways of getting more of both into you that you enjoy. Personally I love using fruit to dip into yogurt. I slice apples etc and really enjoy my fruity yogurt dip whilst watching the television at night. I add sugar free squash to water, that really heps it go down.

Right..........sorted !!!!

loads of hugs xxxx
bighug.gif

If there is any possibility that it is PND, go see the doctor right away.

If you think it's just baby blues then *hugs* from me xxx

Don't beat yourself up lovely, it's hard having a baby and a little one too - take it one day at a time. Leave a glass near the sink and every time you go near the sink, have a drink of water. I do this when I'm at home and it does help me increase my water intake.

For fruit - try chopping a huge tub of fruit salad and leave it in the fridge, then if you get chance to sit down for five minutes, have a little bowl. You'll be surprised how much fruit you do get through then.

Take care of yourself hun. xx

I agree that if you think you have have PND go see the doc. I've had regular depression and it totally sucks and really doesn't help when trying to loose weight. As for water I am the same and hardly ever drink enough, I just forget I need to drink!! Fruit wise last night I got a bag of grapes and split them up into little pots which went in my fridge. When I go past my fridge and feel hungry I just grab a pot and munch my way through the grapes. Working well so far.

Offer you my shoulder, too.
You are doing great with your weight loss and your body has been through tough times, although amazing and special - you created a new life :) Your hormones are most likely still all over the place and if you have even the slightest indication you might have PND, please see your GP or health visitor. There is so much help out there, just access it and let a professional assess you. Lots of women develop PND and there is no need to suffer, just get the help and support you need. It might not even have PND, it could just be your subconcious reaction to stressful times, but don't leave it to chance and see someone.
:hug99:
Jill xx

Lovely - please go see a doc about any PND. Been there myself and hope you have a decent doc who gives you the support you need.

In the meantime - small steps. take each day as it comes and don't beat yourself up if you have an off day.

Exercise helps with depression - but don't fret about hard exercise. I used to take my baby son for long walks in his pram. Got me out and got my endorphins up.

Lots of love, Sue xxxx

Guys I've just gave you an update, see above, thanks again XXX

BB, if your husbands hours are getting cut, you may be entitled to claim additional benefits such as housing benefit and council tax benefit, some income support/ESA for yourself and child tax credits for the little ones may also be increased when you let them know of your change in circumstances.

Do not worry about these things. If you feel up to it, or your H can go, a trip to the CAB would be advisable to get some advice on how and what you can claim. This is exactly why the benefits system exists and you should not feel afraid to utilise it.

Personally, I dont think at the moment you would handle the pressure of additional part time work as well as caring for two little ones, and as you are now officially "unwell" you would be classed as unable to work at present anyway.

Please dont worry about your financial situation, it can and will be easily sorted no matter what.

*hugs*

Well I've been to the drs & he's put me on mild depression tablets. I've been feeling awful for a few weeks & hoped I wouldn't have to go on tablets again but these things happen. I was on them for about 3 months before when my son was 1 then i fell pregnant with my daughter & came of them.

My H hours are being cut & I'm worried sick about that which hasn't helped at my maternity pay runs out next month & we can't cope financially with his salary alone. I'm applying for part-time jobs but as you all know it's a tough world out there.

i'm trying to get out walking etc but at the moment I don't want to leave the house, have no motivation, feeling guilty, no energy etc

I'm being okish with SW but my heart isn't in it but I had WI today & STS so I'm having one last 'off' day today & then back on track 100% for 1 last push to get as much of as possible before 1st May

Anyhow I just wanted to update you all & thanks for your lovely comments.

Don't worry about being on anti d's. If they do the trick, great. You need to be in a good space you have such a lot to cope with so if taking one pill a day helps you, so be it.

There is nothing worse than that feeling of not wanting to go out. I have been through that. It is hateful. It is hard to make the effort but it is what you have to do. I know it is hard for you with 2 little ones to care for but do try BB.

Good luck with finding a part time job. I hope something turns up for you soon because that is the thing that will give you the boost you need just now.

Hope you have managed to get back on track today...SW is so good for your self esteem.

My shoulder is always available for you BB. I am only an email away.

hugs xxxxx Granny Sue.

Back