Feeling really thirsty

Wales

Silver Member
I am on day 12 and getting on with the diet very well. Not hungry and have bags of energy but... I feel so thirsty despite drinking around 3.5ltrs a day - I feel like I am drying out. My lips are dry all the time (despite lots of vaseline) and the skins on my hands and arms is dry as well.

Just wondered if anyone else had felt like this?

I have checked on a ketosis strip and it isn't dark enough for dehydration.

Can exercise have this effect on you? I went on a 40 minute (incredibly gentle) bike ride yesterday evening.

Any comments are welcome! :)

Iv'e gotto say it but I am on day 5 and feeling the same, My mouth is so increadibly dry all the time, I am waking up at night to guzzle water aswell. My arms are also dry, tonight I am showering and plastering my skin in moisteriser in the hope that works.

I don't really have any advice on how to deal with any of this though :-| Sorry.

Yup - feeling really thirsty, waking up with a very dry mouth & having to slap loads of moisturiser on my skin. Must be a side effect I guess - definitely worth it for the results though.

Let's hope that someone further down the diet can give some insight!!!

I'm in week 4 and often get dry mouth at night as I stop drinking my main water by 5 (or i'm on the loo all night)
I do sometimes get dry in the day, but just have extra water. Especially whilst it's warm we all have differing requirements.. if you feel thirsty.. drink!

In the evening as i dont want to have glasses of water, i suck on ice cubes or sip fizzy water!

x

Hi, I actually phoned my CDC the other day as I was so thirsty that I was a bit worried. She said that it was perfectly normal and to just keep well hydrated with water.

If I go more than half an hour without water I get desperate which is quite funny as I used to never drink enough.

HTH

Jo
xxx

im on day 13 and i am really thirsty too, its good though means i drink enough water and more xx

Thanks for the responses, good to know that it is a normal part of the process. Having ice cubes sounds like a good idea and I will have to try that as by the evening I can't drink water and watch tv as I keep having to pause it to go to the loo!

Back