Feeling really tired

mrsmac247

Hi all, i dont know if this is diet related but i am assuming so. After doing SS on the cambridge 3 weeks ago i then went straight into SW as i coudn't hack it :p but what i have noticed is that i am extremely tired!

I am not doing anything differently other than eating within the plan. I am wondering could it be all the carbs that i am consuming, but i like to think that most if not all of my meals are balance i.e meat and veg with rice or potatoe or a pasta and mince dish.

Does anyone else find that they are tired? or should i start looking for other reasons lol

I can't say as though I felt tired when I started sw diet.

Have you had your sugars and thyroid checked recently. I know when I first started to feel tired all the time a few years ago it turned out that I had an under active thyroid as well as diabetes. Both of which can make you feel tired.

Maybe if it continues i will have to go that route i was just wondering if an increase in carbs could have done it too.

Try doing EE or throwing in some Original days.

Thats the thing i am on EE might try switching

Thats the thing i am on EE might try switching

If you was on mainly green days and eating lots of carbs then I would say maybe, to begin with you might feel tired. But if you're doing it right then EE shouldn't be too different to how you was eating before....just less sugar and very little fat.
Are you eating plenty of fruit? Because that is where you should be getting most of your sugars now instead of the chocolate bars like most of us used to ;)
Of course exercise always gives you more exercise. Sounds ridiculous I know, but it's true. Try getting out for a 30 min walk every day or 2 15 min walks.

If you're on EE then I can't see why it would make you feel tired, unless there's something you're not doing right :cool:

Have you had your sugars and thyroid checked? I was told by my doc that there are many women out there who have an under active thyroid and never get diagnosed. It's very common amongst women.

I've been tired too but have put it down to the change in weather. All of us in the family have been tired and it's only me who's doing the diet. It's common for people to get tired when the autumn comes.

Maybe if it continues i will have to go that route i was just wondering if an increase in carbs could have done it too.

Sorry, didn't see this post :eek:

I have been extremely tired for weeks now and went to doc and got bloods done and all came back normal and that was before I came back to sw so I can't relate mine to diet as I am eating thealthier now.

I have been extremely tired for weeks now and went to doc and got bloods done and all came back normal and that was before I came back to sw so I can't relate mine to diet as I am eating thealthier now.

Me too! I have been feeling tired for quite some time, but bloods came back as normal. This is since before I started diet so not related.

Personally, I think it is because I need to excercise more. I really can't think of anything else it could be. Like Ninja says, excercising gives you more energy.

A couple of weeks into my diet (EE) I started feeling tired. I think my body was adjusting, rather than anything medically sinister. I soon got back to normal.

Thanks everyone for the replies, i think i will watch it for a while it could be just the weather change as someof you mentioned if it doesnt ease up then i might go to the docs or switch to a red day or two for a while:)

Hi, I had the same problem when I started SW; I couldn't believe how bad I felt (very tired, listless). I put it down to my body resisting the low-fat, low-sugar diet, and after a few weeks, I started to feel OK. However, I did not add exercise in until I started to feel better. I realise this is not the same as in your case, but I think it shows that people react differently to changes in diet/lifestyle.

Thanks Tracy, that is what i am thinking that my body has undergone so many changes in the last few weeks that it is trying to put up a fight to keep what it has. At least the scales are shifting though :)

Might be stateing the obvious but are you drinking plenty and getting enough sleep? You may be comming down with a mild cold or something too, I always get really tired when a cold is lurking. Hope you feel better soon. xx

Back