Feeling rubbish, but good?!!

lucylastic

Silver Member
Hi all

I had to have an op on my knee yesterday, and am going to be more or less totally immobile for the next 3 days, and then on crutches for a couple of weeks. Already I am bored to tears and for the first time since I started LL on March 3rd, am seriously tempted to eat, and feeling totally sorry for myself.

However, I know there is absolutely NO chance of me eating (not just because I can't get off the sofa :D) but because I am - for the first time EVER - able to recognise I am just emotional, and that eating would make me feel even worse.

So - I am feeling both fed up, but also very proud of myself today - I am really surprised how strong I feel :)

Thanks LL!!!

Good for you LL that's great news that you can recognise this .... and you will get through the next couple of weeks with your new "Mrs Strong" mindset and then feel even prouder of yourself that you managed to get through even a really difficult period whilst on LL!

Well done you and wishing you a speedy recovery hun, will expect to see lots from you on here over the next couple of weeks whilst you are confined to the sofa!

x

Well done LL - its times like that when you really can test your willpower - stay strong.

Hope you get better soon.:character00238:

hope you have a speedy recovery - stay strong!
daisy x

Hi Lucy, Sorry to hear about the op and your enforced immobility :(.I did wonder where you had gone !I'm really glad you are staying strong because you have done so brilliantly up until now.Just keep your eye on the prize girl!
I'm sure you'll get losts of support here xxx

There are always advantages aren't there :).Its great to see the rapid changes isn't it? I wasn't actually thinking of getting in to the next stone,but yep you're right hope to this week :D :D.More focused on trying on my holiday clothes,which don't look quite right yet.Actually had a bizarre dream last night where we were made to go on holiday now (rather than in 8 weeks) and none of my clothes fitted me properly :eek:.How bizarre!
Anyway take care and milk the pampering as much as you can xx

Hello Hope you feeling good now. What are you doing to stave off the boredom?

Question, if you don't mind... Were you allowed to stay in ketosis for your op? Others have had to eat to get out of ketosis for the op itself. Just intrigued as to differences of approach.

xx

I think that is something you are going to have to ask your consultant about TI. Lucy didn't, I did :D:D:D, be out of that is.

From a fellow knee opper, best of healing luck Lucy and keep that man on his toes!!! ;)

Hi FT, don't you worry, by the time the weekend's over, his toes, and the rest of him, will be worn out ;) :D

Hi TI - yes, as FT says, I was allowed to stay in ketosis, I was concerned as others hadn't been, but my consultant and anesthatist (?) both said it was no issue - and the fasting beforehand was a breeze! :D

As for the boredom, it's definitely not easy - I've read a tower of trashy mags, spent a fortune on ebay, watched hours of tv - now what can I do tomorrow?!!!

Thanks for the good wishes all, as ever the support here is overwhelming :) xx

Speedy recovery Lucy.

Hope you get well and strong soon. Just think of the less weight your knee will have to bear now. Hurrah,
and take advantage while the OH is carring for you.xxxx;)

Oh Lucy, how did I miss this!! I hope you are feeling better every day!!!

I broke bothe my knees when I was 19, and have had 9 surgeries over the years.....I am FULL of empathy for you!!! My next round will be artifical ones. BUt not so imminent now. ;)

You look after yourself, and be sure and be pampered!!!

Get well soon hon!!!

XX

Awww, thanks BL - you are SOOOO lovely!

I'm feeling significantly better today, and still very strong - life's good!

And SB - you are SO right about the weight - yesterday my OH had to pick me up of the bathroom floor (I went a bit crazy and I have low blood pressure, so had to lie down quick!) I honestly don't think he could have managed pre LL without doing himself a serious injury!! xx

Lucy if you could see BL in her heels (and I believe she can run in them too!)
you would never think there was any problem with her knees !

Back