Feeling rubbish today....

Hayley809

....and I don't know why!

I should be on top of the world as I have had to buy a pair of size 16 trousers today as my usual work gear is hanging off me!! I started this weight loss drive at a size 22 and a size 16 has been nowhere near my wardrobe for years!!!! :)

So why today am I looking in the mirror feeling huge and horrible?! Is it because I'm now used to seeing the slimmer me so I've transferred all of the old feelings to the new me?

Does anyone else have weeks where they feel this way? Have been 100% on plan this week and * week is a couple of weeks away so I really do think it's all in my head!

Sorry for the self indulgant post but I needed to vent to people that understand!!!

Hay x

first of all well done for your great weight loss !!:D
it could be that you are used to seeing the new slimmer you & have forgotten how far you have come so far, i think also that when you are slimmer the results(in the mirror) are less dramatic to you and you can become a litttle complacent (that's me) but stay focused & each time you look at yourself in ur size 16 clothes, smile at yourself & say look at me & what i have achieved !!! :)
remember nothing tastes as good as being slim, sam xx

You have done so well. Have you got an old item of clothing in a 22? Try it on! See/feel how far you've come.

Do your hair, get dressed up in some nice undies and an outfit you feel good in and enjoy the new you!

Hayley, today I could have written your post myself (sigh). I've also gone down from a 22 to a 16, I can fit into the few old clothes I kept that I never thought I'd get into again, and I can even fit into some of my 14s... but today my brain is telling me that it's pointless trying, that I won't get any slimmer so why bother.

Which is CRAZY and I know it. It's so annoying that logic and reason can't stop me from feeling depressed for no reason. I'm just going to grit my teeth, stick with the plan, and with any luck I'll feel chirpy again soon enough!

Repeat after me... We can do it! We can do it! We can do it! :D

Thanks for the support!! :) I am so pleased that I've came this far, I've usually given up after a couple of weeks so I know I've cracked it this time and need to carry on!!

It's funny how moods can make you feel - I'm a bit stressed with work at the moment so I'm sure that must have something to do with it!

Good idea about the size 22 trousers, it's amazing actually the difference! :)

We can definitely do it!!!!

Thank you xx

Hayley, this could've been me posting - I'm a size 16 from 22 as well... and I feel cr@p this week! I feel bloated, big and like the weight will never shift... so hugs, empathy and lets get through today on plan and have a better day tomorrow! xxxxxxx

I know how you feel! I have dropped from a size 24 to 18/16 and you never see yourself as slim as other people see you! So last night I put a top on that I wore on my first weigh in and OMG it was like wearing a sack and I instantly felt better :) Good luck to you all.

Back