Feeling so fed up! Motivation needed..

minniex

skinny minnie
Well I weighed my self today and i've stayed the same.. I'm so dissapointed! I've done so well this week I just don't understand it :(
I just feel like why should I bother? I've tried so hard for what! Why not just go to the chocolate cupboard an snack out! And what if i've stayed the same next week!? I feel so crap today specially as im more unemployed then ever and its so hard to get a job i have no money im a loner at the moment.. everything is going bad. And all I can think about is to just turn to fatty foods to make me feel better. I keep thinking why don't I just go for a pizza with my cousin or something. All this wholemeal bread pasta and rice is doing my head in!

Then I thought what if its because i haven't excercised as much? But then if you excercise more your ment to not loose as much on the scales!? so it can't be that? I no staying the same is better then putting on but you really dont understand how much effort i put in to last week and god it feels de-motivational. :( /RANT OVER

haaha sorry guys just needed to talk. x

I stayed the same my second week as well. Lost 2.5lbs first week, nothing second week and 2.5lbs third week, so you've almost lost as much as me already!!! I know that feeling of being completeley dishearted (I was exactly the same) but the fact is there will be other weeks when it stays the same, and even weeks when there might be a small gain ... that's just how it goes. We are a mass of cells, fluids and hormones and it's all swirling about and fluctuating all the time ... which is why serial weighers soon discover that their weight goes up and down like a yo-yo. Just hang in there, keep doing what you are doing, don't go for a pizza - it won't solve anything and will probably make you feel worse than you feel now after you've eaten it. Keep going and it will show on the scales I promise, if you stay on plan.

don't give up, its only 1 weigh in and believe me there'll be more of those weigh ins throughout your journey so its important you learn how to deal with the disappointing result now and again. I always look at a gain or STS as a starting point rather than a knock back. Just keep going, the plan does work but the body is a curious thing and sometimes despite our best effort it'll throw you a curve ball like that.

have a look at the before and after section, I bet everyone of those people as had a disappointing week, deserved or undeserved, but look where they got by keeping going.

Are you doing it alone or do you go to group? x

I'm doing it alone, I used to go to the groups but I just can't afford it this time round. But i'm finding it okay on the diet alone anyway its just such a knock back to see the weight the same. But Thanks girls that did make me think positiviley. And i didnt got for the pizza in the end lol!

minniex said:
I'm doing it alone, I used to go to the groups but I just can't afford it this time round. But i'm finding it okay on the diet alone anyway its just such a knock back to see the weight the same. But Thanks girls that did make me think positiviley. And i didnt got for the pizza in the end lol!

I can totally understand how you feel, I'm going alone can't afford groups and I stayed the same last week. But honestly, I know it feels so disheartening but you just have to think next week you will probably have a better loss I think your body has to catch up sometimes! I looked at my losses over 4 weeks including my STS and I had lost 1.5 lb average a week which I was really happy with so try see past it :)

Plus I bet you feel better for being so good, just try and think to next week keep at it all this week and your next weigh in will be good :) well dome for not going for the pizza xxx

shake up the food you eat , instead of eating the same meals over and over , try some new recipes , might shock your body , i think our bodies gets used to what it gets given

also up your fluids ,that does help xx

I think I do need to drink more fluids, I forget to drink a lot to be honest and i no drinking lots of water helps you lose your weight.
Im so fussy though ! I dont like a lot of food :/ so the things im eating now are like the only things i really like which is so annoying because it makes dieting even harder.

You girls doing it on your own have my utmost admiration. Like today ... for the first time in ages I'm having a 'bad' day in the sense I don't fancy any of the stuff we can eat (can't even think what I fancy for my tea despite running a dozen options through my head) plus I keep dipping a teaspoon into the philly chocolate pot in the fridge ... just to get a 'hit' of something naughty, and I haven't done anything like that since I started. If it wasn't for the fact I know I'm going for my weigh in tomorrow night ... I could seriously fall of the wagon today, left to my own devices. It is just the thought of stepping on those scales tomorrow night that is stopping me.

I think the team Idea is a great idea actually!

I don't find it that hard to do it on my own as I like the challenge in a way. Wierdly enough I really enjoy dieting at home with slimming world and I like to control my food. I just hate having to think of dinner and teas! grr. I just keep in my head that the chocolate bar or a good body in that bikini on holiday? haha. choco philly! oh dont be silly ;)

Back