Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Feeling Terrible

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by monty1978, 15 August 2010 Social URL.

1. monty1978

monty1978 Full Member

Start Weight:
    91.8kg
    Current Weight:
    86.6kg
    Goal Weight:
    63.5kg
    Lost(%):
    5.2kg(5.68%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Hi guys, I am new to the forum, although have been lurking for a while now, you got a nice little gang here :D
    I have been doing Atkins solid for 1 week now and have lost circa 4lbs (I did Atkins 2 weeks previous for 1 week then I was off for a week, if you know what I mean). I also did Atkins 6 years ago with brilliant results.
    Anyway, I have been feeling like crap for the last 2 days and was just wondering if maybe this is normal or what?
    Oh, and I made a MiM yesterday but I was so hungry the rest of the day I may not do it again... :sigh: just wondering whether it doesn't suit me then, cuz I did like it alot?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. chell_needs_to_change

chell_needs_to_change Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(6.13%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    hello and welcome! I expected to feel that elated energy boost after two days, cos that what the book sets you up for. It was slightly confused for me cos I did a mixture of Cambridge and atkins for first few weeks, but I was still having rough days till about three weeks in. But I can honestly say I have now felt consistently fantastic and energetic and in control for over two weeks, and the hunger does just go when your deep into ketosis. I think it's your body adjusting. I think in them first few weeks I was in ketosis ( I was cos I was testing) but I had really crap days that were perhaps down to my body burning to quickly? It is a big adjustment to make and can't be underestimated really. Anyway .... I am rambling!! GOOD LUCK x

4. monty1978

monty1978 Full Member

Start Weight:
    91.8kg
    Current Weight:
    86.6kg
    Goal Weight:
    63.5kg
    Lost(%):
    5.2kg(5.68%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Hi Chell,
    Thanks for your reply.
    I too am in ketosis, I test near enough everyday but its only the light pink. I think I now know why I was feeling terrible, my menses came 1 week too early. Found out from reading the low carb forum that going low carb sometimes does that to a woman.....!

5. Quak

Quak Gold Member

Good luck with Atkins, hope you start feeling better soon, tis probably a small dose of the Atkins flu.
    Bren xx

6. lolo

lolo Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(10.42%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    As above,probably atkins flu.It took me 2 wks before I felt really great.
    lorna x

7. chell_needs_to_change

chell_needs_to_change Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(6.13%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    Well worth it though!

8. monty1978

monty1978 Full Member

Start Weight:
    91.8kg
    Current Weight:
    86.6kg
    Goal Weight:
    63.5kg
    Lost(%):
    5.2kg(5.68%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    I had a MiM for breakfast, cinnamon and ginger flavour. It was really nice but didn't taste like a ginger nut bicci like I wanted. Ah, it's all trial and error with flavourings.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.