Feeling Terrible

monty1978

Hi guys, I am new to the forum, although have been lurking for a while now, you got a nice little gang here :D
I have been doing Atkins solid for 1 week now and have lost circa 4lbs (I did Atkins 2 weeks previous for 1 week then I was off for a week, if you know what I mean). I also did Atkins 6 years ago with brilliant results.
Anyway, I have been feeling like crap for the last 2 days and was just wondering if maybe this is normal or what?
Oh, and I made a MiM yesterday but I was so hungry the rest of the day I may not do it again... :sigh: just wondering whether it doesn't suit me then, cuz I did like it alot?

hello and welcome! I expected to feel that elated energy boost after two days, cos that what the book sets you up for. It was slightly confused for me cos I did a mixture of Cambridge and atkins for first few weeks, but I was still having rough days till about three weeks in. But I can honestly say I have now felt consistently fantastic and energetic and in control for over two weeks, and the hunger does just go when your deep into ketosis. I think it's your body adjusting. I think in them first few weeks I was in ketosis ( I was cos I was testing) but I had really crap days that were perhaps down to my body burning to quickly? It is a big adjustment to make and can't be underestimated really. Anyway .... I am rambling!! GOOD LUCK x

Hi Chell,
Thanks for your reply.
I too am in ketosis, I test near enough everyday but its only the light pink. I think I now know why I was feeling terrible, my menses came 1 week too early. Found out from reading the low carb forum that going low carb sometimes does that to a woman.....!

Good luck with Atkins, hope you start feeling better soon, tis probably a small dose of the Atkins flu.
Bren xx

I had a MiM for breakfast, cinnamon and ginger flavour. It was really nice but didn't taste like a ginger nut bicci like I wanted. Ah, it's all trial and error with flavourings.

Back