1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Feeling that something is stuck in my throat...

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by dudette2001uk, 5 May 2014 Social URL.

1. dudette2001uk

dudette2001uk I will be a Princess!

Hi all,

I was just wondering whether anyone else has had this, and if so, what can be done about it? I've had this feeling for about a week...about the same length of time that I've had a dry cough. I feel like something's stuck in my throat and no matter what I do I can't seem to swallow it or cough it up. It doesn't feel hard or anything, it's just a feeling that something's there.

Could it be a symptom of anxiety? I had a really horrible panicky feeling for most of the day yesterday, and as some of you know I lost my father last month, which means I'm feleing pretty stressed out most of the time at the moment. Could it just be a psychological symptom?

Any thoughts on the issue would be gratefully received. I've got a doctor's appointment in just over a week for something unrelated, so if it's still there I'll mention it to her, but I was just wondering if anyone else had had this feeling

Sian xxx

Last edited: 5 May 2014
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. tamkat

tamkat Full Member

Hi yes I had this feeling before even went to the doctors about it.For me it felt like I had cat hair or something in my throat( horrid) tried to eat bread etc.. to dislodge it but nothing worked.I think it might be related to anxiety because I had a panic attack on a bus not long before it started.It did go eventually though.Do you have a cold at all? x

4. dudette2001uk

dudette2001uk I will be a Princess!

Hiya hun. Thanks for the reply. Nope, no cold. I thought I may have been getting one when I developed the cough, but nothing came of it xx

5. ceebeee

ceebeee Silver Member

I get it from time to time and it's horrible :( If it is contributing towards any anxiety or stress you already have, go and see the doctor, even if it is just to put your mind at ease. That's why they are there: to look after us when we aren't at our best!

6. DiamondSW

DiamondSW Full Member

I have had this before when I was going through a particularly anxious time. I went to the Dr and he did all the normal checks etc and it was put down to anxiety. Funnily enough after I had it checked out, it disappeared! I think I was over thinking it and it made it worse.

Mention it to your Dr when you go, I'm sure they'll reassure you :)

7. Liverbird52

Liverbird52 Gold Member

Hi,how did you get on at the drs ?