Feeling thinner

Jennifer89

I Know this sounds silly but i thought when id lost much weight (18lbs off, with around 12 to go) thatd id really notice it.
When i started i was pushing a size 16.. Im 6lbs away from healthy BMI of 25 and im still a size 14.... I know my CDC says that as u get closer to goal less lbs make a dress size of difference.. But i still feel really fed up about it.
Cmon inches - catch up!
Anyone else finding this?

Jennifer - don't you remember before you started the diet how some days you felt really really fat / frumpy and other days you felt like you weren't as bad and looked quite nice?
I think everyone has fat head days and slim ones, maybe you are having a fat one.
I lost a lot of weigh with cambridge a few years ago and got done to a size 12 which was just over a healthy bmi. Now I'm back again and talking to friends, they say (when around size 12) you were sooooo slim. Slow slim above a healthy bmi???? But I think they were right looking back on it. At the time however, my magic number in stones / dress size / bmi stopped me believing was slim or slimmer.
Your cdc is right, dropping the dress sizes is slow at first bt speeds up the nearer you get to a healthy bmi, but I really do believe it takes a while for our heads to really see what other people see and what we really look like.
I think if you saw yourself before and now through other peoples eyes you'd be having a very very good day.
Chin up,

Hi jennifer,

I have also lost 18lb and am still in the size 14. Thought that I would notice a real difference but havent yet. I am hoping when I lose the next 10lb that the dress size will drop.
But although I havent noticed, lots of people have been commenting on my loss... I am thinking I just look at myself differently.
Good luck with your last bit of weight loss... I cant wait for mine :)

It's one of those odd things. We seem to lose weight off all the wrong places. I lose weight from my thighs first. Then my hips. It seems to take forever to lose inches from my waist. :rolleyes:

But over time, what's left of our fat seems to redistribute itself more evenly over our bodies - and only then do the places we want to shrink actually start shrinking...

Give it time. Those last 12lbs will almost certainly make one hell of a difference. Most of us seem to report that we ourselves only notice that we've lost weight when we've lost 2 stones (28lbs).

I agree. I have lost 17 lb in all. Lost half a st at w w before starting Cambridge and don't feel any different at all. My jeans have gone from been mega tight to just fitting that's about it. X

Back