Feeling Thirsty

dellybelly

Silver Member
Hi everyone.

Well. I'm pleased to report that I've managed to get through day 1. I'm now sitting with a glass of water and the teeth are all cleaned to make sure I don't give into temptation tonight.

Vanilla shake for breakfast tasted very sweet. My mum dragged me out for a walk this morning and I sipped on water the whole way along. Chocolate shake for lunch and it tasted just like I expected it to. I've been at a kids birthday party all afternoon and been surrounded by gorgeous smells but managed to resist temptation. Chicken soup this evening about 8 o'clock. I was surprised I managed to last that long. I must try and space my shakes out a bit more tomorrow.

Ok the question I have is this.. I've been sipping water all day from my sports bottle. Had half a cup of green tea and a cup of peppermint tea. I'm pretty sure I've drank close to if not more than 2 litres of water... but why am I still feeling so thirsty? It's mostly dryness in my mouth and I thought that would have gone when I cleaned my teeth but it hasn't.

My tummy feels quite full still after the soup and glass of water I've had since 8 o'clock.

Any ideas/ suggestions?

I'm afraid I can't answer that for you Delly, I'm the very same. I drink about 4ltrs of water a day (maybe more than recommended but need to cus of exercise) but I still have that thirsty feeling and dry mouth all the time. I think it's worse after the chicken soup but as I love the soup I'm putting up with it.

Oh and Whoop Whoop for finishing Day1 !! :) :) :)

Yeah. I'm well chuffed to get through day 1 I have to say. And didnt struggle too much. Having a kid's birthday party to go to in an adventure playground made it so much easier.

I did think it might have been the chicken soup that made me so thirsty. I did think it tasted quite salty so maybe that's it.

Thanks Ella

Well done for getting past day one Delly.... I only have strawberry and chocolate shakes, but i am the same. I always seem to be thirsty and the thirst seems to come on really quickly... My tongue gets like the bottom of a budgie cage if i don't drink regularly, even though i know i am drinking enough.. Weird!! lol

Thanks Su... do you not find it difficult sticking to just the two flavours?

Thanks Su... do you not find it difficult sticking to just the two flavours?

I had no choice really hun.. The thought (and feedback on here) of the crapjacks and the chicken soup made me avoid them, and try all 3 shakes, but the vanilla was foul!! lol

I can't stand my shakes with water so i have them with crushed slushy ice... I have strawberry for breakfast, chocolate for lunch, and strawberry again for dinner. I also can't stand tea or coffee without milk, or peppermint or raspberry leaf tea so that left me with nothing hot at all and it is getting colder. So i have 1 or 2 cups of boullion every day, and touch wood, i am coping ok x x

Good Grief Su... you are amazing...!

I found the vanilla sicky sweet but I guess I only have to have it every other day so I can stand it. I'm happy to say that I acutally quite like the chicken soup.. its warm and that's half the battle as its getting so cold. I'm not too pushed on green tea but have aquired a taste for peppermint tea over the years as it helped my ibs. It's definitely helped me today.

Well done on getting through day 1. I'venot tried the soup so can not comment on the saltyness.

I only really like the chocolate shake on it's own, I add coffee to the vanilla and that makes it a lot better. Last night I follwed a suggestion I read on here and made the chocolate up with peppermint tea that had gone cold - it was really nice!

Hope day 2 goes ok for you x

If you're thirsty then just have more water. There is a lot of water in 'normal' foods, and without that we need to drink extra. I drink 8-10 litres of water a day, plus tea and coffee!

I drink 8-10 litres of water a day, plus tea and coffee!

8-10 litres a day??? wow....sorry to be so naive, but isn't that too much, and is it healthy?
:confused::confused:

8-10 litres a day??? wow....sorry to be so naive, but isn't that too much, and is it healthy?
:confused::confused:

Its perfectly healthy. Healthy adult kidneys can process a constant supply of 900ml/hr of water, so around 20litres a day. It can manage a larger quantity in a shorter time so long as this is occasional. The only people realistically at risk of problems from too much water are those with kidney problems or who are losing salts unusually fast, ie in a marathon or with a bad tummy upset, which is why other fluids are most suitable in these circumstances.

8 - 10 litres? wow.. I'd be running like a racehorse... all the way to the loo:giggle:

If you're thirsty then just have more water. There is a lot of water in 'normal' foods, and without that we need to drink extra. I drink 8-10 litres of water a day, plus tea and coffee!

I no im not this Diet long but before i started it I researched it well. 8- 10 ltrs its way too much...its fact regardless if you have health probs or not. Infact its really dangerous :(

Dellybelly u will work out what suits u best :)

Lydiaxx

Thanks Diole... To be honest. there is no way that I would even consider drinking 8-10 litres of water. I've heard too many horror stories and I'll stick to the no more than 4 guidelines which was why I was surprised I was feeling so thirsty all the time.

yeah maybe talk to the chemist the next time your there they might be able to help u. Im like a yo yo going to the toilet with 4 ltrs cant imagine any more.

Lydiaxx

I no im not this Diet long but before i started it I researched it well. 8- 10 ltrs its way too much...its fact regardless if you have health probs or not. Infact its really dangerous :(

Dellybelly u will work out what suits u best :)

Lydiaxx

Its not dangerous, providing its drunk steadily. An 8litre water 'binge' could be, but it works out at about 500ml per waking hour which is perfectly healthy, barring the circumstances previously mentioned.

I'm not recommending a sudden jump from 2litres to 8, rather pointing out that increasing water intake is the most sensible thing if you are thirsty!

Its not dangerous, providing its drunk steadily. An 8litre water 'binge' could be, but it works out at about 500ml per waking hour which is perfectly healthy, barring the circumstances previously mentioned.

I'm not recommending a sudden jump from 2litres to 8, rather pointing out that increasing water intake is the most sensible thing if you are thirsty!

Like I said its proven and dangerous in Lipotrim. Maybe the rules are a little different for the diet you are on!

I am only posting this as Delly is relatively new, and i think she should be aware.. I am not doing it to fuel an argument...

Delly.. This is word for word from the Liptrim bag hun:

"Do not use Lipotrim as a TOTAL FOOD REPLACEMENT without consumption of at least 2 litres (approx. 4 pints) of water per day. Water must be consumed in small, but frequent servings throughout the day. Sips from a sports bottle or using a straw are very helpful. Do not exceed 4 litres of water per day."

I hope that helps you Delly x x

Delly, I'm with Su on this one, there must be a reason as to why LT are saying this, can I suggest that you give them a call? can't do any harm.......:confused:

Back