feeling totally deflated

lena

:( Hi all
I just come back from my 2nd weigh in and ive only lost 1/2 lb :cry:
last week i had mainly 3 shakes and 200kcal meal,on one of the days i did have a grilled steak and small salad but on that day i only had 2 shakes, i checked my ketosis evry other day and it stayed medium the whole time. i dont understand after 7dys in ketosis how i could ony loose half a pound? i know my TOTM is on its way, but i just feel like all my efforts have come to nothing. Any ideas?:confused:

Lena - i don't have any answers,but wanted you to know that i have had similar experience to you in weeks 1 and 2.... 3rd weigh in for me is on thursday and not feeling the loss this week either.....

just wanted you to know, you're not alone, stick with it babes!

7.5lbs in 2 weeks is above average if you consider 3lbs a week which is supposed to be average......

Don't give up...there will always be weeks where we feel hard done by...but keep going and next week, you should see a big loss. Some people put on during their time of the month, so it could very well be that.
Channel your anger in to making damn sure you have a big loss next week! xxx

hi, don't be disappointed, your sure to see the scales move next week, did your cdc do your measurments, if not do them yourself, your sure to see loss of inches there instead. I got weighed today, and my cdc said that next week I may not see much loss...... just keep at it......

thanks guys :) my CDC did take my mesurements and i'd lost 1 1/2 inc off my hips but put half an inch ON my thghs!
im gonna stck with it and see what happens next weigh in, just shocked as i was hping for at least 3lbs :mad:

Hi, I always found that at TOTM I could gain up to 5lb in weight and up to an inch and a half round the top of each thigh, and an inch round the calf. I would have 2 days near the end where I weed every 5 mins, and it would be gone. Dont worry, just keep going and it will come good.

thanks guys :) my CDC did take my mesurements and i'd lost 1 1/2 inc off my hips but put half an inch ON my thghs!
im gonna stck with it and see what happens next weigh in, just shocked as i was hping for at least 3lbs :mad:

well here's hoping you have a great loss next week,:D:D:D:D:D and when I did ww I always put on up to 4lbs at TOTM:mad:

Maybe you're retaining water if TOTM is on way? Lots of people do and you can retain up to 10lb. In which case you'll have a nice big loss once it arrives. Don't lose faith!

:( Hi all
I just come back from my 2nd weigh in and ive only lost 1/2 lb :cry:
last week i had mainly 3 shakes and 200kcal meal,on one of the days i did have a grilled steak and small salad but on that day i only had 2 shakes, i checked my ketosis evry other day and it stayed medium the whole time. i dont understand after 7dys in ketosis how i could ony loose half a pound? i know my TOTM is on its way, but i just feel like all my efforts have come to nothing. Any ideas?:confused:

Hi

I will explain to you the most likely reason this has happened.

Steak is higher in calories and fat than chicken and the other protein options. Also by only having 2 packs nutritionally you went below safety levels and were in fact moving into starvation mode so your body would have stored some of the food you ate as you had not had enough packs.

In the salad did you have either onion, garlic, tomato, peppers, sweetcorn or carrot. If so these veggies/fruits can break ketosis for a while and allow the glycogen store to refill this in turn will make you hold on to water. Did you add any salt to anything or drink anything other than water?

So although on the scales it looks as though you have only lost 1/2lb you may be holding onto 2 or 3lbs of water and glycogen.

Don't panic about this as now you are back on track this should come off quickly again as it did in the first 3 days.

In order to make a llb of fat you need to consume 5,500 cals a day and you havent done that all you have done is refilled your glycogen store.

TOTM can stall weightloss so combined with the above the smaller weightloss could be explained.

Cheer up bet next week will be a good result for you:)

What great advice - thanks Linda. I know this applies to many of us. Keep at it, Lena. You will def see a good loss next week.
Cxx

Well put Linda - and I always have a STS or tiny loss on the week before and during TOTM, then once it's gone I get a big one! You're almost certainly retaining water so don't worry, it'll go soon enough! Just keep glugging :) xxx

The 1st time I did CD, I used to have very small losses to start with. But then, it started going down pretty quickly!

If you keep at it, you WILL lose weight :D And we are all here to help you overcome thiese moments of disappointments :D

Thank you Linda, what a great post! Well i thought having 2 shakes that day because i'd gone over my 200kcal meal, - would it have been better to still have the three shakes? to be honest ionly had 2 shakes on 2 of the days. i did also have 2 diet cokes this week :sigh:, im pretty sure i didnt come out of ketosis as i checked every other day it remained at medium, and i never felt hungry.
I will be steering clear of steak this week and sticking to my tuna and chicken. I hpe for a good loss next week xxxx :rolleyes:

Last edited:
hey lena,

dont panic im doing ss and have cheated on a regular basis and have lost weight except last week i put on 2lb but i ate like never before and just lost the plot but been better this week i no if you eat the smallest amount more than you shoul you will retain water and with totm coming up youll def be bloated, dont despair there is plenty of us who no exactly how you feel.

melxx

Lena - don't be tempted to cheat.
As Wannabslim says, you will have a big loss post TOTM - just you wait. Cheating just makes you paranoid when the losses are slow - trust me! Plus, it'a a slippery slope. You have come this far - with SS you can't fail to lose so keep at it.
Take care & be positive!
CXX

Back