Feeling upset today

bevhunter1986

Silver Member
Hey people,

I had to post as I feel do alone right now!

I'm upset coz I haven't been able to contact my bf for 2 days due to his job and location, it worries me that he's not ok.

I'm basically waiting for him to come online and it's not happening :(

Xxx

There's no point in saying don't worry as its what we do. Hopefully you will hear from him soon and your worry will be over :)

Looking at your profile pic am I right to assume he in the forces ??

He's probably just on patrol and hasn't had chance to get to a phone/computer. Don't worry, I'm sure he's fine *hug*

Hey people,

I had to post as I feel do alone right now!

I'm upset coz I haven't been able to contact my bf for 2 days due to his job and location, it worries me that he's not ok.

I'm basically waiting for him to come online and it's not happening :(

Xxx

Hi Bev, I've been in this situation many times over the past 20 years - the only advice I can give you is to trust that he is being well looked after and probably has more support than you! Comms are notoriously down in these far-flung places, there could be queues of soldiers wanting to use the computers or it could simply be a case of a shift change.

Please try not to worry - easier said than done I know :(

Do you work? Are you managing to get together with friends or family? You also need support around you at this time and if you can't get it from people close to you then don't forget we are here for you too xx

Thanks peeps.

I know the comms are down often usually for 24 hours or so, but it's driving me mad coz it's been down longer or so it seems. My only advantage is that he has his own laptop with him but I know getting onto the Internet might cause issues.

He's in the RAF so he doesn't do foot patrol. I think I'm just over tired and entirely fed up with the situation of having him away now and it's only been 6 weeks, got another 19 to go!

I'm trying to do things but I'm trying to save every penny I get to do something brilliant when he gets back! Whilst going to work a d doing overtime provides money it also makes it worse going there as I seem to think about it all more :(

Oh well another day!!

Xxx

i can only sympathise with whats going through your mind at the moment, my husband is in the army and has been here there and everywhere over the past 13 years and its hard going at times. hes going away for 6 months next year and away a few times this year and my sons just been diagnosed with developmental delay and social and communication difficulties so the prospect of juggling all of his appointments, behavior, my other 2 gorgeous girlies and keeping home is terrifying me....but we do it because we love them :) keep your chin up, its exhausting at times but you'll look back when its all over and done with and wonder where the time went. ....and you'll be able to do something fabulous with the moey you save. have you booked anything? maybe time to start planning a holiday or something. we went to egypt when he got back from tour 2 years ago, no kids, and it was bliss!! take care xx

katty said:
i can only sympathise with whats going through your mind at the moment, my husband is in the army and has been here there and everywhere over the past 13 years and its hard going at times. hes going away for 6 months next year and away a few times this year and my sons just been diagnosed with developmental delay and social and communication difficulties so the prospect of juggling all of his appointments, behavior, my other 2 gorgeous girlies and keeping home is terrifying me....but we do it because we love them :) keep your chin up, its exhausting at times but you'll look back when its all over and done with and wonder where the time went. ....and you'll be able to do something fabulous with the moey you save. have you booked anything? maybe time to start planning a holiday or something. we went to egypt when he got back from tour 2 years ago, no kids, and it was bliss!! take care xx

Awwww yeah he's said something about a holiday, hopefully we can do that.

I've got another 13 weeks to go and I'm rather fed up already! I don't know how you all do it with kids! I've got a stepson who's 2 and a bit so I see him regularly (long story) so he keeps my mind off things but when I don't have him it's hard work coz I'm not running round after him lol

Xx

Hope you hear from him soon, he's probably thinking the exact same thing as you are and thinking of you all the time and when he can speak to you next (((hugs)))

My son is joining the army in April and i'm so worried about not hearing from him although he won't be on tour initially.. He is 16 and because of his age he initially goes to do phase 1 training in one of the army colleges.

It's taken a lot to let him go, but it's all he's dreamed about for the past couple of years.

Try to keep yourself busy planning for your holiday when he returns and before you know it he will be talking to you x

daisygrubber said:
Hope you hear from him soon, he's probably thinking the exact same thing as you are and thinking of you all the time and when he can speak to you next (((hugs)))

My son is joining the army in April and i'm so worried about not hearing from him although he won't be on tour initially.. He is 16 and because of his age he initially goes to do phase 1 training in one of the army colleges.

It's taken a lot to let him go, but it's all he's dreamed about for the past couple of years.

Try to keep yourself busy planning for your holiday when he returns and before you know it he will be talking to you x

Oooh blimey!! That's brave, my fella went in at 18 though I didn't know him then. This is his first tour of duty as well :( roll on blooming Easter!!

I try to keep busy but it's always at the back of my head that if he comes online I might miss him or I have to stop what I'm doing incase he doesn't come on then for a few days. Guess I had a good run was able to speak to him for 5 days in a row before it all went off (or that's what I'm guessing).

Fingers crossed!!

Beautiful.XTC said:
We're all here if you need to talk and or rant. We all have our down days so be ashamed :) *hugs*

Thanks, you have good days and bad days. Yesterday was a very bad one, today is ok but not totally good. It's kind of inbetween.

I think me and the little man might make something for him when I pick him up in a bit. I have 2 half filled bfpo boxes ready, as it was over 2kg if I put it all in one. I'd rather not pay for it! Lol.

Xx

Wel i've had contact he's ok! :)

Now for another week probably lol. Need to keep strong as I feel like I'm losing control of this and worry things will be different when he gets back. I know they wont and I'm being silly but drives me mad!

xxx

bevhunter1986 said:
Wel i've had contact he's ok! :)

Now for another week probably lol. Need to keep strong as I feel like I'm losing control of this and worry things will be different when he gets back. I know they wont and I'm being silly but drives me mad!

xxx

In glad you've heard from him. Keep thinking positive, I'm sure when he gets back it'll all be okay. Plus I'm sure he's missing you like you are him x

True!

His first bit of his message was telling me he loved me! :)
xx

bevhunter1986 said:
True!

His first bit of his message was telling me he loved me! :)
xx

Awwh. See ;) now stop worrying and be positive.

Beautiful.XTC said:
Awwh. See ;) now stop worrying and be positive.

Yeah it's just hard you have good and bad days! This week seemed to be bad from weds onwards though :( x

Glad you heard and he's ok. My sister is currently in Afghan. She's left her 22month old daughter behind and will miss her 2nd birthday. She's not back until May. It really sucks :(

Wannabe skinnymini said:
Glad you heard and he's ok. My sister is currently in Afghan. She's left her 22month old daughter behind and will miss her 2nd birthday. She's not back until May. It really sucks :(

Oh no that is rubbish!! I know it's not nice for him. Poor soul has his 21st out there! The only reason he's gone is coz his mate was downgraded due to the expected arrival of his baby.

Xxx

I think I'm just getting fed up now that the contact is becoming less as time goes on! Whilst it's great I can message him whenever I want but I end up saying all the things that I think might drive him mad like saying how I feel and that I love him and miss him! :(

I do but I need to work so hard not to push him away! :(

X

Back