Feeling very negative :(

ninababes

Gold Member
Evening all, feeling pretty down this evening, got weighed on friday and i'd put 5lbs on and i really don't know why no i hadnt been 100% but i definitely havent been BAD i'm all puffed up so much so my E ring that was falling off before christmas wont come off atall, my neck's killing me from this stupid whiplash and to make matters worse i've just realised i've actually gained a total of 7lbs in 2008 i'm mortified SO i've decided to change my goals so i wont be as downhearted with myself and am being a bit more realistic, if i lose 3lbs a week between now and wedding i'll have lost 100lbs in total if i lose 2lbs between now and july i'll have lost just short of 7 stone so either way i'm gonna look and feel fab but i really seem to have lost the reasons why i'm doing this i keep telling myself but it doesnt stop me from picking up things i shouldnt eat. And i should be on coud 9 coz my future mother in law has finally noticed i've lost weight and was over the moon for me but i just cant get that feeling that i'm not going to succeed and i'm going to be fat for the rest of my life out ofmy head. I'm down about the fact my body's broke and i can't do SS and i'm annoyed at myself for the slow weight loss and i know if i actually stuck to it even though it's not SS i'll lose the weight.

Sorry for moaning but i'm really fed up xx

Hi Nina

Big big HUGS, so want to make it better for you but not sure how. What were your original reasons and motivations for starting the diet?

Gxx

The same as they are now to be happy with myself when i look in the mirror to look amazing in my wedding dress and to be able to wear and look fab in a bikini i think it's all happened since i went for my dress fitting and i was happy with the way i looked and so i think sub cubconsciously i'm kinda saying well i dont need to lose weight now but i do and still want to if u get what i mean

I do get what you mean totally, I've been there. I remember reading a post by Mike once about why restarts are so difficult. It's all about mindset, you are not the same person you were when you first started dieting, you're body has changed so you're feelings have too. The feelings that spurred you into action initially are not the same as they were. I've done it myself in the past, lost some of the weight but not all and then the motivation has vanished. Unfortunately I'm not sure what the answer is hun, perhaps you need to take a step back give yourself a few weeks off and reassess where you are and what you ultimately want to achieve. The way I looked at it this time was that whenever I have lost some weight in the past because I never achieved what I set out to it was always easier to let the weight creep back on. By reaching your goal and achieving the dream somehow it makes the idea of maintaining it more important if you know what I mean.

Sorry I'm not helping much.

Gxx

Awww Nina mate - I'm so sorry to hear that you are having such a hard time.
It's demoralising when you have a setback but you CAN get back on track and you will look stunning on your wedding day. Perhaps Georgie is right when she suggests taking a step back to just chill out, concentrate on feeling better. When you're in pain it's hard to focus on anything else sometimes.
Please hang in there. Things will get better.
lots of love
Tansyx:)

Back