Feeling very, very sad an update on Bobbie

Thank you everyone.

I have just spoken to her and again today. She is lucid and together. I also spoke to Ken, her husband. He was really good and together.

She knows exactly what is going on and what the prognosis is. It makes it so much easier to talk openly.

She is having great difficulty eating but is taking fluids.

Hiya Sue

Just sending best wishes as I know how this can affect you - as some on here may know, I've lost several friends to cancer in the past 18 months including the two best ones and all prematurely (40s).

Just to let you know my thoughts are with you at this time and implore people to throw every spare penny they can afford toward a cure of this spiteful disease.

Sue, I'm so sorry to hear your very sad news. Your friend sounds wonderful, and both your lives will be gretly enriched for having known and loved one another, and one day all those lovely memories will bring you great joy and comfort. None of that will make the present any easier, you take care and I'll be thinking of you xxx

Hi Sue, very sorry to hear about your friend, Bobbie.
She sounds like a fantastic lady and my thoughts go out to her, and her family and friends. Thinking of you at this very sad time xx

Oh how awful. Bobbie sounds a fantastic woman. We lost my mother in law to breast cancer. Sometimes I think that was more difficult for those left behind to deal with than losing my own father suddenly.

Bobbie has a real friend in you and my thoughts are with you, her and ken. X

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

This is the email that was waiting for me this morning.........

Bobbie is doing much better today (Wednesday 8-10-2011) and was mostly clear headed all day. She is also stronger than she was last week. She came home from the hospital yesterday (came by transport ambulance since she is still too weak to navigate steps) She is attempting to talk to people by phone but can only manage short calls before she becomes too tired and needs to rest. She has vowed to fight this disease until the end.

Brilliant news!!

The outcome can not be changed as all treatment has been withdrawn, she will be more comfortable that way,she reacted badly to chemo. It is now just palliative care, but it is so good that she is more positive and wanting to fight. It is so good for her state of mind.

We might get to share a pastrami on rye yet !!!

fillymum said:
This is the email that was waiting for me this morning.........

Bobbie is doing much better today (Wednesday 8-10-2011) and was mostly clear headed all day. She is also stronger than she was last week. She came home from the hospital yesterday (came by transport ambulance since she is still too weak to navigate steps) She is attempting to talk to people by phone but can only manage short calls before she becomes too tired and needs to rest. She has vowed to fight this disease until the end.

Brilliant news!!

The outcome can not be changed as all treatment has been withdrawn, she will be more comfortable that way,she reacted badly to chemo. It is now just palliative care, but it is so good that she is more positive and wanting to fight. It is so good for her state of mind.

We might get to share a pastrami on rye yet !!!

Good news :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

That is good news in a very difficult time. Everyone needs a friend like you Sue, especially in times like these.
I am sure that having a loving husband and good friends help her to stay more positive.xx

Sorry Sue, it is only now that I am seeing this thread. Cancer has torn my family apart as all the women have the BRCA gene.

I'm glad your friend has found the strength to fight this cruel disease. My thoughts are with you both x

I am so sorry to hear about your friend. I have worked on gynae and oncology and although very distressing for the relatives and friends the women showed such strength and spirit. It was a true honour to work with these ladies and they taught me such an appreciation of life and they somehow managed to keep their sense of humour; they were a true inspiration. Your friend sounds a fiesty lady with still so much fight and love to offer. I have no doubt she will embrace each day and make the most of each moment with her loved ones. Heartfelt prayers and strength for you and all whom she holds dear xxxxx

What a lovely start to your day. Thinking of you hun xxx

Sorry Sue, it is only now that I am seeing this thread. Cancer has torn my family apart as all the women have the BRCA gene.

I'm glad your friend has found the strength to fight this cruel disease. My thoughts are with you both x

Sadly Niax, no matter how much strength she finds she will not survive. The prognosis is so bad. At least she is home and both of them are happier I am not being doom and gloom, I have seen it so often since I started my site. She has mets. to her liver, brain and bones. It has galloped away.

She has been taken of all treatment.

We were diagnosed in the same year and Bobbie refused to have chemo on the grounds that the percentages where not high enough. Sadly I have always thought it was the wrong decision but it was her decision to make.

In my family or mother had breast cancer. Myself and my sister have both had it. Our father died of lung cancer and had never smoked in his life.

Whilst great steps forward are being made in treatments it is to late for people like Bobbie who had the original dx years ago.

Sue - cyber hugs & thoughts with you and your 'lucky' friend. The lucky bit is because she's got you in her support corner. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

So sad x x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back