Feeling very, very sad an update on Bobbie

A update on Bobbie.............

It is early morning (12:30am) on 8/17/2011 on the east coast of the USA. Again, let me apologize to anyone I may have forgotten and invite you all to pass this on to those who may be interested. There really is not much to offer as an update. Bobbie had another good day today. (As good as a day in a bed can be.) She is quite tired most of the time and does a lot of napping. She does struggle with short term memory so if you call and she is awake to talk to you she may repeat herself. She also is prone to proffer miss information unintentionally of course). She has been hydrating, though not enough, and eating small bits of food, at least, a couple times a day. Bobbie is getting comfortable with having the hospice CNA (Certified Nurses Assistant) come every day (M-F) for roughly 90 minutes to two hours. The CNA helps Bobbie bathe and does little things to help Bobbie. I am home almost 24/7. I do try to work at least one day a week but only when I have someone here with my love. She does not need skilled care yet; but she is a very independent person and therefore can not be left alone. I am trying to 'hang in' and I am trying to keep up with individual emails and texts.

Thanks or thanks again to all of you who have sent prayers, well wishes, condolences and any other form of acknowledgement.

I'll send another update soon.

Love to all.

Sue, all I can send you is a big hug and lots of love, I just wish I could come over there and give you a real one. You go and find that lovely husband of yours and give him a big long cwtch. Thinking of you, take care xxxxx

I received another email from Ken today and have to admit to being shocked when I saw the attached photo.........

bobbie.jpg

It brings it home just how ill she is. She was such a good looking and vital person.

Gosh I am so sad for her and for Ken.

This was only 2 years ago........

londonmeeting004-1-1.jpg

Last edited:
How cruel!
Sue I'm fighting back tears for you to type this, How awful you must be feeling right now, I can't even imagine, but take heart in the privilege you had to have met her xxxxx

Thank you.

But you know I am so glad that Ken is considerate enough to share Bobbie with me at the most painful time of his life.

I will never, ever forget her she has been such a character and we have had such a lot of fun together.

I am phoning her tonight.

Just catching up and seen this thread.
I can't offer any words of comfort which will make it easier but wanted to send my love to you, hugs as always.

xxxx

So sorry to hear your very sad news :( Sending you all big big hugs XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

Hugs to you Sue, seeing that picture must have been very shocking for you xx

It was Beegee, at first I didn't know who it was.

I have spoken to her this evening but I think she was a bit confused and was not really sure who it was.

I had a good conversation with Ken and he is trying hard to stay cheerful, does his weeping when Bobbie is asleep which is a lot of the time at present.

Back