Feet-Eating Fishies!

tulip85x

Silver Member
Ewwww the thought of it turns my stomach. What do they do with the water and fishes between 'meals'

Funny you should say that Starlight...H&S Officers are looking into some of these salons for hygiene reasons xxx

Ooh I've had that done - not there, but the same sort of thing. It was fab, my feet felt amazing afterwards!! Went on impulse last time but in hindsight, the hygiene/health and safety aspect does worry me a little bit!! I'd definitely do it again though, but would maybe be a bit more cautious over where I went.

Funny you should say that Starlight...H&S Officers are looking into some of these salons for hygiene reasons xxx

Oh no :(

You know when you don't think before you do something...

*Puts tootsies in some bleach*

This eases me slightly "Our state of the art spa systems are fitted with individual filtration systems ensuring our water stays clean and fresh all day every day."

Maybe I'll stick to a good old pumi stone :) x x

This eases me slightly "Our state of the art spa systems are fitted with individual filtration systems ensuring our water stays clean and fresh all day every day."

Maybe I'll stick to a good old pumi stone :) x x

Oh sorry hun, I didn't mean to put a dampner on your session! I think the problem with these type of 'new crazes' is that less than scrupulous people try to turn a quick buck and don't consider the hygiene/H&S implications!

The filtration system would keep it all clean and lovely xxx

Don't panic, my feet haven't dropped off yet ;)

I don't really know about these sorts of things, but I'd have thought if there was a significantly high risk of anything major then they'd have been shut down until it was clarified, rather than just 'under investigation'..?

They have a shop in Detby which is a chain called Appy Feet & I asked the same because from what I could see... They were long tanks that people just sat on the benches and all plonked their feet in at the same time - yuk!!!! Ha xxx

Sent from Blondie's iPhone using MiniMins

Oh sorry hun, I didn't mean to put a dampner on your session! I think the problem with these type of 'new crazes' is that less than scrupulous people try to turn a quick buck and don't consider the hygiene/H&S implications!

The filtration system would keep it all clean and lovely xxx

No worries lovely, I took no offense :) x x

Doesn't it feel weird having fish nibbling at your tootsies?

We have an "Appy Feet" too. Put me off when I could see all bits of dead skin in the bottom of the tank. Apart from that aspect though I bet its a lovely feeling

I had it done around Christmas time in Selfridges in London. My friend and I sat side by side and were the victims of curiosity from passing shoppers!!! It is just a craze really and although my feet felt lovely and soft I think it was the fact that they had been soaking in water for 15 minutes. I was assured that the water was constantly filtered. My husband wondered if all the fish died after chomping on my feet!!!

I prefer a proper pedicure really - the fish couldn't get the nail polish on my toes!!!

Mum had this done at the Year of the Tiger in Cardiff- my Xmas treat.

I'd not do shopping centre ones ... YOTT have a quarantine period between treatments and mum loved it. :D

OOoooo i want to get this done but i have super tickly feet and a toe missing so cant imagine how it would feel in the gap! hmmmm! Maybe a few drinks first then i'll have the guts lol

Back