Fell off the wagon and it left without me!

Laura Jayne

Hi guys.
I have decided...I hate easter!
There is no other way to put it...i hate it.

My partner took me away for a wonderful long weekend to wales with amazing weather (i have the sunburn to prove it) and, well, you know how it is. I got into the 'Im on holiday so it wont hurt' mentality. Trouble is. Now im home and im STILL munching. And im angry at myself for doing it :mad:. dont mind the odd nibble but, well, its been a long time since i ate as much junk as i have today. SO, fresh start from tomorrow. I have booked my seat on the next wagon out of fatsville and made sure this one has seatbelts lol.
Ill post here tomorrow for my (2nd) 1st weigh in, i just hope the damage was minimal and easy to rectify.

Gotta just keep telling myself ' I CAN DO THIS '

You can't have done too much damage over that weekend: it was Easter, you enjoyed it so don't beat yourself up over it at all, but now the holiday is over and it's time to get back on track. You've lost a fantastic amount of weight so far so you must have good motivation normally, it will be back in no time. Good luck! :)

let your weigh in be your re-motivator! rigby is right there is only soo much damage a few endulging days can do! shake it off and move on....

I felt that way about Valentine's day when my mother-in-law left us a PILE of chocolates! Urgh!

Hon, I fell off the wagon too! And I had a bad day last week as well -- it's okay to fall off (or even jump off!) the wagon now and then, so long as you're back on within a couple of days. (A couple of bad days per WEEK wouldn't be so good, but even a couple of bad days per month is not so terrible.)

I struggle with the munching too... i eat my feelings, i get bored and eat, I enjoy textures and crunching and tastes and it is just really nice to eat... and I am having to work very hard to learn not to munch! I have begun doing things like hopping on this forum or doing some laundry instead of eating when I get bored... even though laundry isn't as fun as eating. ;) My biggest problem is "taking a break" from doing homework and wandering into the kitchen! BIG no-no! ;P

Don't beat yourself up too much. Good on you for being aware and hopping back on!

Last edited:
try not to worry too much about falling off the wagon as you have recognised it and know you have to get back on again. think positive.
good luck. you will get there.

Thanks all for your words of encoragment. Im sorry for rambling on with my last post but i was on a total downer.
So, my second first weigh in came in at 13st 5lb. Not too much damage and hopefully easy to put back on the right track.
Im trying to look at the loss differently now, i always get on the scales and count down what i still have to go, but i never stand back and think, 31lb lost since january. I cant complain about that.
Things started going wrong when i stopped eating breakfast, amazing how much that small meal can effect you! So from tomorrow morning, im doing things right again, breakfast everyday!

Ill keep you posted and thanks again

I know just how you feel, after weeks without a slip up I fell off the wagon spectaculary (sp:eek:) over the Easter weekend, BBQ with all the wrong food and a couple of Alcoholic drinks on Sat and Easter Sunday there was Choccie everywhere, I have 5 children. The temptation was just too great and I lost count how much of it I ate:eek: But I have jumped right back on that wagon and have been super strict since Monday, I avoided the scales weigh in day is Fri so don't know how much weight I put on??? Will have to wait til Fri to see if it evens out I suppose. So we are all human and temptaion is everywhere just pat yourself on the back for resiting 99% of the time;)

I ate like a complete knob this weekend, but it was nice to not worry about what was going in my gob for a change! I don't get to do this very often and I have no intention of making a habit of it and once the weekend came to an end I was right back on plan trying desperately to shift the sodium/water/full tummy gain. I say sodium/water/full tummy gain because although I did eat loads it was no where near the 3500 cals extra you need to gain a pound... I'm sure your binge wasn't either!!!

Hop back on the wagon, we'll all strap you in, and hold on tight, it's going to be on hell of a ride!!! x

I sometimes find when I go completely off plan I end up putting on a couples of pounds but then I'll have a bigger loss the next week, if that makes sense? So you'll probably be back on track next week!

Back