Festival Food!

Skulldilocks

Gold Member
Hey new here and to SLimming World so desperate to keep some good first impressions.
Im going to a festival in a couple of weeks and am racking my brain as to how on earth Im going to manage to eat healthily for those 4 days! Obviously I know I can like bank my syns for those days but the stalls are normally nothing but chips and sandwiches (especially as I am a veggie)
Im planning to take food with me and cook on a stove but all I can think off it tinned fruit and baked beans/hoops and some soup!?:cry: Anyone got any good ideas :) Thanks you!

Have a look for a jacket potato stall.

Also low fat supernoodles are free as are a few of the pasta and sauce and savoury rices (on green and ee days), or even pasta with a tomato sauce using packets of passata, tomatoes and onions.

You can also do fry ups in the morning using fry light (don't use it in the aluminium camping pans - it goes funny) with bacon, eggs, mushrooms. If you don't have a cool bag, you can do scrambled eggs or omlette with onions and mushrooms.

Hope I've given you some ideas.

The free batchelors savoury rice cook up great on the hob (Chinese ones good) follow with tinned fruit to get your third superfree!!! Xxx

Thank you so much for your answers, I know it sounded silly! I was unaware low fat supernoodles were free! and Do you know of any particular brands that are free as far as the rices, other than ones mentioned? I guess also are pre-seasoned cous cous packets ok (eg ainsley harriot?) x

Thank you so much for your answers, I know it sounded silly! I was unaware low fat supernoodles were free! and Do you know of any particular brands that are free as far as the rices, other than ones mentioned? I guess also are pre-seasoned cous cous packets ok (eg ainsley harriot?) x

I'm not sure about other brands, and the cous cous it depends on brand and flavour as they vary in syn value.

Which festival are you going to?

I go to loads and have done six this year so far.

We have an igloo cool box which helps and I have been taking SW quiche, loads of salad pre prepared on the friday and put into disposable chinese takeaway containers, Mugshots, Batchelors rice cooked and allowed to go cold for a snack, packets of Ham, hard boiled eggs. Alpen lights, Fibre plus bars, drifters, Ryvitas. Also took some pre-cooked new pots and fried them in frylight, yum!

From the food stalls I have had:

Jacket potatoes and beans
Roast Chicken
Hog roast meat in my own co-op pitta.
Don't be afraid to ask some of the indian stalls about their products as I had a gorgeous chick pea curry and boiled rice at one that she showed me how she made it and it was syn free.

Also took loads of bottles of water and diet coke.

I went to a festival recently and whilst I didn't camp (live near by) was able to take in pasta salads each day for lunch and took my HiFi bars and fruit for snacks then in the evening had vegetables & noodles, plain rice and chicken dishes from the chinese stalls, and jacket potato and beans from other stalls. I still managed to lose 6lbs on my following weigh in! I put this down to lots of walking and hardly any alcohol. Good luck!

Stainsby Festival this weekend just gone, Had Ryvita Cracker breads with Philly Light and cucumber and tomato for lunches, I froze and took a sw Curry for dinner one night and we had an all day brekky the next day cooked back at camp.

Had an ice-cream from the van though so was not 100%.

Still got Wickham, Cropredy and Shrewsbury festivals this month so the more ideas the merrier!

We have an igloo cooler and there were still huge lumps of Ice in it this afternoon when I emptied it, so no probs with keeping stuff cold, only problem is when camp is a long way from the music and there are not many breaks between bands.

I was at Warwick festival this week, and still have Broadstairs to come this weekend and Towersey at the end of the summer. I'm veggie as well so only do green days, this is how I ate: I did quorn sausage sarnies for brekkie which are only 1 syn per sausage and HexB for wholemeal bread, pasta'n'sauce sachets or mugshots for lunch (free) and in the evening I had boil in the bag rice with either a tin of stagg veggie chilli or tins of sundar chickpea curry/aloo sag which are also all free. That way you can have an ice-cream or something without it taking you over your syns :)

All of these are pretty easy to do camping, I prepared all my food on just a single burner stove thing. Hope this helps!

I love Warwick! was not there this year but did you see Lucy Ward, she is excellent.

Going to Cropredy on Thurs, then Shrewsbury, have a good time at Broadstairs and Towersey!

I love Warwick! was not there this year but did you see Lucy Ward, she is excellent.

Going to Cropredy on Thurs, then Shrewsbury, have a good time at Broadstairs and Towersey!

I did! She's mates with the friend I was there with, so she came and partied with us at Peatbog Faeries on Fri night :) She has the most beautiful voice. I wish I could get to Cropredy this year, the line-up looks fab! Unfortunately funds don't allow it this year though :(

Hope you have a good time too!

Ahh weird to look back on this. I started SW aroudn this time and didnt last long but Im rejoining on thursday. To conclude a year later (lol) things I lived off of was tinned pineapple, low fat super noodles (however didnt like the flavuor i got) mug shots and pasta and sauce. There were no Jacket Potato stalls at Bloodstock (yup thats the fest lol) well I didnt find one, I had a few cheeky chips and such but mostly just drank my way through the festival (again bad I know)but kept it away from beer and cider.

Im going back to one in France this year, which had even less veggie stuff D: Even though I eat met of course most of it is awful but hey we'll seehow much mug shots and a camping stove we can smuggle through the Eurostar :p

I went to Leeds fest last year, I was a little naughty at times, but I managed to loose weight that week. I took cereal bars so I was having my HEB's I can't remember what I did for my A choice, I probably just had milk in some of my drinks.

There were actually more healthy options then I thought when I was there, there were jacket pots, chinese places and the Mexican place offered the choice of no wrap just rice and frajita mix (although I was obviously the first to ask for it as the guy serving had no idea what he was meant to do lol)

oooh Ill deffo keep the wrap idea in mind for this year bloodstock! However in France it will be harder as my French is very stale :p Their food choices were pretty much pizza, baguettes burgers chips and hot dogs or and a mexican place. I was veggie at the time and it was impossible! I wasnt on SW but generally just not eating just chips and pizza. They has a veggie stand where they did battered courgette on a skewer or battered bread slices.
WEIRD

Back