Few questions,anyone?

blkpool24

At the moment im on cambridge diet not only is it expensive but im also missing food ..ive just finished 4 weeks on this and lost a amazing 1 stone 8lbs ..but im in 2 minds weather to follow a low carb diet myself at home ..but i just cant make my mind up!!

I wouldnt even know where to start or think of meal ideas ,and what would the losses average on a week,i find i do cambridge because its all done for me all i need to do is have what they provide me with!!

I just cant decide..can anybody help me decide:confused:

Thanks sue x

You won't lose with low carb at the same rate you'll lose with CD. You're in ketosis right now due to the very low level calorie intake - with low carb you go into ketosis due to a low carb level, but your calorie intake will be much higher.

It's impossible to give you an estimate of how much you'd lose every week - and there are many low carb plans with differing results - but as you've been losing weight on CD already you probably wouldn't get the often up to 7lb loss people get in their first week.

I'd say on a basic atkins plan people lose between 8 and 12lbs a month if they stick to it solidly. On something like Dukan it seems to be closer to the 10 - 12lbs rate. But it is different for everyone, and some people will lose 3lb every week, some only 1.

There are tons of meal ideas on the atkins forum here, though people often eat quite simply - omlettes, meat and veg in different arrangements, that kind of thing. Getting a low carb book, like Atkins or Dukan, and having a read through would be the best way to understand the diet fully. In the end only you can decide.

Back