Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

few questions...

Discussion in 'JUDDD / Intermittent Fasting' started by foodfairy, 19 August 2007 Social URL.

1. foodfairy

foodfairy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.59%)
    Diet:
    none in particular
    ive been following the posts on here and am very interested in the unit diet by what ive seen so far :D

im doing sw at the moment and though its a very good diet i do like my bread and cereal and the fact that (most) cereal on the unit diet is 0 points is very appealing!!!!

so my questions are.....

bread, how many points is it for 2 slices of WHOLEMEAL as white bread doesnt agree with me.

fish such as tuna and salmon, how many points are these for a medium portion?

also, with the starter pack, does it give you a big list of what are 0 point foods and pointed foods?

i dont have much weight to lose - just over a stone so around how many points would i be allowed on the diet an would i be able to save a few up for the weekend like you can with WW?

sorry for all the questions but i need to know if im making the right decision or not by swapping from sw to unit :D

Mini likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

so my questions are.....

bread, how many points is it for 2 slices of WHOLEMEAL as white bread doesnt agree with me.
    0.5 for 2 slices of normal bread

Would depend on what you call a medium portion. A tin of tuna 185gm in brine is 1 unit

also, with the starter pack, does it give you a big list of what are 0 point foods and pointed foods?
    Starter packs gives you everything you need to start the plan.

i dont have much weight to lose - just over a stone so around how many points would i be allowed on the diet an would i be able to save a few up for the weekend like you can with WW?
    I believe with only a stone to lose, they recommend 6 units per day, and yes you can space out your units through the week to suit yourself.

Mini likes this.
  4. lou-lou

lou-lou Full Member

Just to add to the brilliant answers given by D_Q:

Medium sliced wholemeal is ½ unit for 2 slices. Thick sliced wholemeal bread is ½ unit per slice. Granary is ½ per slice for a medium slice (think the seeds add to the unit value)

Fresh Salmon is 3 units per medium fillet. Fresh Tuna is 1 unit per medium fillet. They make a point of stating that the unit values not overly important as the oils are so good for your health.

In the starter pack I got:
    * basic directory (an a-z of unit values like apples, cod, noodles, etc)
    * members handbook (this explains all about the diet and has a dedicated page that lists all the free food in categories like dairy, fruit, cereals, etc)
    * matrix (this is your 'calculator' for working out unit values in food from the calorie and fat content.
    * fast track plan (the booster plan, that scares the life out of me whenever i look at it :D)

It says that if you have less than a stone to lose then you should have 6 units a day, the other advice is that if you want to have 10 units a day you can but you need to limit your free foods. The members handbook has a section that shows you how you can save units for weekend treats, etc.

Hope that helps

Love Lou xxx

5. boofaloo

boofaloo Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st3.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Exante and exercise
    hey food fairy.

TUD is a great eating plan, I think you'll be impressed by how much you can eat and still lose weight!!

oh and I'm in W Yorkshire too. :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.