few questions...

foodfairy

Silver Member
ive been following the posts on here and am very interested in the unit diet by what ive seen so far :D

im doing sw at the moment and though its a very good diet i do like my bread and cereal and the fact that (most) cereal on the unit diet is 0 points is very appealing!!!!

so my questions are.....

bread, how many points is it for 2 slices of WHOLEMEAL as white bread doesnt agree with me.

fish such as tuna and salmon, how many points are these for a medium portion?

also, with the starter pack, does it give you a big list of what are 0 point foods and pointed foods?

i dont have much weight to lose - just over a stone so around how many points would i be allowed on the diet an would i be able to save a few up for the weekend like you can with WW?

sorry for all the questions but i need to know if im making the right decision or not by swapping from sw to unit :D

so my questions are.....

bread, how many points is it for 2 slices of WHOLEMEAL as white bread doesnt agree with me.
0.5 for 2 slices of normal bread

Would depend on what you call a medium portion. A tin of tuna 185gm in brine is 1 unit

also, with the starter pack, does it give you a big list of what are 0 point foods and pointed foods?
Starter packs gives you everything you need to start the plan.

i dont have much weight to lose - just over a stone so around how many points would i be allowed on the diet an would i be able to save a few up for the weekend like you can with WW?
I believe with only a stone to lose, they recommend 6 units per day, and yes you can space out your units through the week to suit yourself.

Just to add to the brilliant answers given by D_Q:

Medium sliced wholemeal is ½ unit for 2 slices. Thick sliced wholemeal bread is ½ unit per slice. Granary is ½ per slice for a medium slice (think the seeds add to the unit value)

Fresh Salmon is 3 units per medium fillet. Fresh Tuna is 1 unit per medium fillet. They make a point of stating that the unit values not overly important as the oils are so good for your health.

In the starter pack I got:
* basic directory (an a-z of unit values like apples, cod, noodles, etc)
* members handbook (this explains all about the diet and has a dedicated page that lists all the free food in categories like dairy, fruit, cereals, etc)
* matrix (this is your 'calculator' for working out unit values in food from the calorie and fat content.
* fast track plan (the booster plan, that scares the life out of me whenever i look at it :D)

It says that if you have less than a stone to lose then you should have 6 units a day, the other advice is that if you want to have 10 units a day you can but you need to limit your free foods. The members handbook has a section that shows you how you can save units for weekend treats, etc.

Hope that helps

Love Lou xxx

hey food fairy.

TUD is a great eating plan, I think you'll be impressed by how much you can eat and still lose weight!!

oh and I'm in W Yorkshire too. :)

Back