Few Questions !

magb

Hi, being that i already had the books etc to do slimming world i decided to take it up again 3 days ago. I did used to go to the group meetings but can't afford it at the moment! I was wondering whether eating less of the free foods would make weight loss faster? and i found that on the green days (which i am doing) I can have a certain amount of quorn in my B choice, will this however, be a syn if its in breadcrumb?? Thanks in advance :)

I would say fill up on free food its free for a reason, cutting back on free food could cause you to crave food and binge. Quorn is a superfree food so is free on both days. you would just need to syn the breadcrumbs.

Hi there, some Quorn products are free on a Red and Green day. No Quorn that I know of is counted as a B choice. Quorn that is in breadcrumbs will be synned. If you tell us what the product is then we can look up the syns for you.

I would recommend filling up on free foods and don't let yourself go hungry - there's no point in trying to starve yourself just to lose weight more quickly as that goes completely against what SW is all about! If you want to try and boost your weight loss then go for free foods with S or SS next to them.

This is a new way of eating and one that can be done for life - not a quick fix.

Good luck!

xx StaceyUK.

*Should have said that Quorn mince, fillets, pieces and sausages are free but some quorn products have syns as StaceyUK pointed out. xx

i had 2 of the southern style quorn burgers, i know what the syns are for these so should i just put them down as syns? Thanks so much, its just strange i feel so guilty eating so much of the free foods, but as you say, they're free for a reason!

Yes, they would be counted as syns as they're not eligible to be a B choice. Don't feel guilty - the free foods are there to fill you up and are low in calories but high in satiety so no guilt to be felt whatsoever!

i had 2 of the southern style quorn burgers, i know what the syns are for these so should i just put them down as syns? Thanks so much, its just strange i feel so guilty eating so much of the free foods, but as you say, they're free for a reason!

2.5 syns each, but I love them!!:D

Why not try the super speed foods for a few weeks. I trieds that and it worked well. In my experince the more i eat on SW the more i lose - which is why i love is so much!

with super speed foods, do you eat just totally those foods or super speed foods as well as your other choices ?

Do you have access to the SW website? they have a challenge going on at the minute, for us to try to use 5 speed foods a day, and they have 4 recipes on there and each one contains 5.

hmmm i used to be able to but as i dont go to my group sessions anymore im not so sure? I'll check whether i need the pword or not, i will have to try those =)

Super Speed Foods
The two recipes below - Green and Original versions of chilli con carne - contain 100% Speed and Super Speed Foods – tuck in and watch the weight drop off! Use as much or as little of each Free Food ingredient as you like!
Free and speedy Original chilli for one
*Add 6 Syns if not using red kidney beans as a Healthy Extra
You'll need :
Minced/ground turkey
Passata or tinned tomatoes
57g red kidney beans, drained
Chopped mushrooms
Sliced peppers
Finely chopped onion
Crushed garlic
Finely chopped chilli
Seasoning, to taste
Fry the chilli, garlic and chopped onion in Fry Light. Add the mince/ground turkey and brown.
Add the other vegetables and stir until softened.
Pour in enough passata/tomato juice to cover all the vegetables and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Season well and serve on a bed of just-cooked beansprouts (Free), or with boiled rice (2 Syns per 28g/1oz)
Free and speedy Green chilli for one
You'll need :
Aubergine/egg plant, cubed
Courgette/zucchini, cubed
Passata or tinned tomatoes
Red kidney beans, drained
Sweetcorn, drained
Chopped mushrooms
Sliced peppers
Finely chopped onion
Crushed garlic
Finely chopped chilli
Seasoning, to taste
Fry the chilli, garlic and chopped onion in Fry Light. Add the cubed vegetables and brown.
Add the other vegetables and stir until softened.
Pour in enough passata/tomato juice to cover all the vegetables and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Season well and serve on a bed of just-cooked beansprouts or boiled rice
You will lose weight if you Food Optimise without eating lots of Speed Foods. However, if there are times when your weight loss is slower than you’d like, Speed Foods are a great alternative to reducing Syns and a super way to give your motivation extra oomph!
These recipes are taken from the SW website.

thankyou so much! Im so excited by the fact i can eat and lose weight at the same time, today (day 3) has probably been the hardest day so far but if i eat lots of free foods i tend not to crave bad things! So free foods are the way forwards for me =)

Back