Fibre Supplement

I'm expecting this diet to effect my bowel movements!

How do people keep regular?

Any recommendations to any fibre supplements to help? :eek:

Oooh thanks for your help- I'm gonna buy them asap- beat the inevitable!! xx

I take physillim husk (not sure on spelling?) tablets every day and they work for me

Every time i do this diet i take psyllium husk (sp?) 2 tablets 3 times a day works perfectly.

Also remember if you're ever having trouble to 'go' that physiologically our bodies are made to 'go' in more of a squatting position than upright. Keep a stool or something in your bathroom and just putting your feet resting on it when you go to the loo helps position your colon correctly making it easier, and quicker too

Ah thanks such good advice! I deffo need to go to the pharmacy tomorrow!

Good tip on the stool! I'm only on day 1 so will be alright for a while but my friend has been on it for 3 months and has had some trouble!

I use Benefiber powder, got it in tesco in the slimming section. Works well I put a spoon with each shake and doesn't affect taste or consistency at all!

Good luck x

Ah thats a good idea! I've bought some now so I will start taking tomorrow just incase I do get any trouble in the future! :p

I used Fibre CLEAR from Lipotrim , participating Chemists sell it or you can buy from their web site, Amazon used to sell it but I can't find it now. Amazon also sell phyllison husks in a powder form. Both easy to add to soups and shakes. In my experience it was the most serious down side to a VLCD - you don't go as often obviously but some extra fibre certainly helps all round. Also if you do get constipated the weight loss on the scales appears to slow down and that can be demotivating to us mere humans! You need all the help you can get to get into the rhythm of Exante so do whatever you need to make it work for you.

Amazon also sell the useless ketostixs too if you want to bother.

GSQ

I used Fibre CLEAR from Lipotrim , participating Chemists sell it or you can buy from their web site, Amazon used to sell it but I can't find it now. Amazon also sell phyllison husks in a powder form. Both easy to add to soups and shakes. In my experience it was the most serious down side to a VLCD - you don't go as often obviously but some extra fibre certainly helps all round. Also if you do get constipated the weight loss on the scales appears to slow down and that can be demotivating to us mere humans! You need all the help you can get to get into the rhythm of Exante so do whatever you need to make it work for you.

Amazon also sell the useless ketostixs too if you want to bother.

GSQ

Thanks so much for that advice! Yeah I know my friend had problems with going to the loo when she was on a VLCD and recommended that I take something to help me along :p Hopefully, by taking the supplements I won't suffer! I'd be annoyed if it effected the scales!
Just seen your amazing stats by the way! How long did it take you to lose the weight? xx

Thanks so much for that advice! Yeah I know my friend had problems with going to the loo when she was on a VLCD and recommended that I take something to help me along :p Hopefully, by taking the supplements I won't suffer! I'd be annoyed if it effected the scales!
Just seen your amazing stats by the way! How long did it take you to lose the weight? xx

I started March 2011 and got there November 2011. Now maintaining. It's much easier to exercise when you have lost weight and that means maintaining is not quite so bad. Christmas is tough and alcohol a challenge, back to no booze until Easter but only a couple of pounds up.
So it can be done and I wish I had done it years ago. Eight months of tough TS just three magic packets and three litres of water , a skinny latte on saturday with an odd few meals then free.

Good luck. GSQ

Back