Fibre

I put 2 teaspoons of oatbran in the porridge once a day but im not recommending it as im not sure what effect it has on me being in or out of ketosis , so im not saying its ok

it adds 60 calories and 8g carbs to my daily intake , but it keeps me going to the loo almost every day, wheras before I didnt go for 2 weeks

wheat bran is lower in carbs but I couldnt find it in the shops

Thank you!!
I had read about psylum husks (sp??!!)
But wondered if anyone could recommend first hand before I forked out x

I tske Benefibre and it is having the desired effect. It seems to be the same stuff as the Cambridge fibre stuff - white, dissolvable - no taste and no thickening. Sugar free, sodium free.

Nutritional info per serving (2 teaspoons twice a day) Cals 8, carbs 0.585g, fibre 3g. 3 for 2 in the larger Tescos at the at the mo so 3 pots (38 servings per pot) is £10. It's in a green tub and among the vits / slimming bars etc

Hope this helps

xx

I take psyllium husk capsules every day and they are fantastic! I go every day now and without problems. I got mine from Holland and Barrett.

Toots what do you do with the benefibre , put it in meals , drinks?

You can put it in your packs but I just mix it in with my coffee - it's taste free and non thickening so I don't even notice the difference (except for the obvious after effects ;))

xx

I tske Benefibre and it is having the desired effect. It seems to be the same stuff as the Cambridge fibre stuff - white, dissolvable - no taste and no thickening. Sugar free, sodium free.

Nutritional info per serving (2 teaspoons twice a day) Cals 8, carbs 0.585g, fibre 3g. 3 for 2 in the larger Tescos at the at the mo so 3 pots (38 servings per pot) is £10. It's in a green tub and among the vits / slimming bars etc

Hope this helps

xx

Do you have to take it daily?

Been on tesco and found this, Benefiber Powder 155G - Groceries - Tesco Groceries

That's the one, Laurie. You take it 2 times a day to keep you regular

xx

sounds great, think i might have to buy some, only week 1 and just had a nightmare in the bathroom, pain and claret involved :-(

Just a warning WWH, no fibre supplements do anything for me at all and I've tried them all! I have the same problem as you and end up taking Dulcolax Pico Perles twice a week otherwise I just don't go and end up with a problem including the pain. Taking the pico perles helps things along and I don't get problems anymore.

Well im adding in veg as of tomorrow to try and solve the problem, i cant be having that every week horrendous

Veg doesn't help me. It's always Pico Perles to the rescue and taken twice a week before there is a hint of a problem as I know how painful it gets otherwise!

I take a fibre powder once or twice a week; came from the Lipotrim maintenance (pharmacy 1 or Pharmacy First step) in my newbie days before I saw the light and found S & S and this site! I must be lucky as I usually find the combo of the shakes/soups/bars and water does the trick!

Yeah, lots of people get by without any problems but I don't unfortunately and having looked at a few threads on Minimins I'm not alone!

the veg doesnt help me either and i have it every day , but so far the bran seems to do the trick

what works its different for everyone , I hope you get some relief

Oh bum! lol well i will try just the veg for a week and if still bad will get some pico pearls, i have natural senna tablets in the house , dont know if thats any good though?

Senna is fine but doesn't work for me either. Pico Perles are my lifesaver on this diet. Strangely enough I'm as regular as clockwork usually, it's just on a VLCD that I have problems. Guess there's no gain without pain (or not in my case anyway!).

by the way if you do have to resort to the pico perles , dont plan on leaving the house for the next 12 hours , the effect is not exactly subtle

I think it says works in 8 hours or something but I had to go after about 5 and there really was no option if you know what i mean

I have veggies everyday and it's not helping me- I experienced the same thing WWH, I defo need to use something, using dulco ease at the moment but will make the point to use my psyllium husks more regularly now!

Back