Fighting fit for Fifty... My journey this year.

Planned menu for today...

BREAKFAST

All Bran HEX B
SS Milk HEX A
Banana SF

LUNCH

Egg FF
Bacon FF
Baked Beans FF
Mushrooms SF

DINNER

Pork chops FF
New Potatoes FF
Broccoli SF
Cauli SF
Carrots SF
Oxo Gravy FF

Melon/Strawbs SF with yog FF

Snacks

Banana FF

No syns today..Well, would you believe it?? I have had loads to eat and I
don't feel hungry at all!

I have mowed the lawns today for the first time this year.. They seem bigger this year or is it me just me !!! I will put this towards my 30 mins of exercising per day as it was hard work.

Last edited:
Forgot to say... I had a letter this morning from Slimming World.
It read... "Congratulations on reaching your Target" At Slimming world we are always happy when we help someone reach their chosen weight".... blah blah...."would you like to become a consultant?" Blah Blahh.....

Well I have only had one weigh-in so far and I know I lost a whopping 3 1/2 lbs but reaching target so soon... ooohh errrr!!!
Me thinks there must be some mistake :D

Lol bet it made you laugh though ;) oh well take in the letter and say looks like i don't have to pay anymore :D

Forgot to say... I had a letter this morning from Slimming World.
It read... "Congratulations on reaching your Target" At Slimming world we are always happy when we help someone reach their chosen weight".... blah blah...."would you like to become a consultant?" Blah Blahh.....

Well I have only had one weigh-in so far and I know I lost a whopping 3 1/2 lbs but reaching target so soon... ooohh errrr!!!
Me thinks there must be some mistake :D

Managing to get to target after only one week......................thats some weight loss and we all need to be on your plan........................:8855:

I won't post my menu today cos it's boring really,
just salads, fruits and spag bol...

I seem to really be settling in well with this plan, it's easier than
I thought it would be, (Oh dear, has that just tempted fate?) I haven't felt the need to go off plan or sneak any extras in. In fact I struggle to get my syns in :eek: I suppose it helps with not eating chocolate but my theory is that once I got the heavy carbs out of my system my body stopped 'craving' them. I absolutely love bread and baking and have made my own bread for a long time. I have now stopped making it and don't miss it at all! Woo hoo Go me......... I never thought I'd go without my bread I am amazed!

I won't post my menu today cos it's boring really,
just salads, fruits and spag bol...

I seem to really be settling in well with this plan, it's easier than
I thought it would be, (Oh dear, has that just tempted fate?) I haven't felt the need to go off plan or sneak any extras in. In fact I struggle to get my syns in :eek: I suppose it helps with not eating chocolate but my theory is that once I got the heavy carbs out of my system my body stopped 'craving' them. I absolutely love bread and baking and have made my own bread for a long time. I have now stopped making it and don't miss it at all! Woo hoo Go me......... I never thought I'd go without my bread I am amazed!

OMG how can you give up home baked fresh bread................I would've been eating it fresh out of the oven with thick butter on the crust..............oooohhhh just made my mouth water with the thought of it :)

OMG how can you give up home baked fresh bread................I would've been eating it fresh out of the oven with thick butter on the crust..............oooohhhh just made my mouth water with the thought of it :)

That's not all... I (used to) make stone baked scones and fruit tea bread which is soooooo yum with butter on, home made apple pie, victoria sponge cake... anyway..... i'll stop now before I sabotage myself...:D

That's not all... I (used to) make stone baked scones and fruit tea bread which is soooooo yum with butter on, home made apple pie, victoria sponge cake... anyway..... i'll stop now before I sabotage myself...:D

I use a bread maker does that count???? :giggle:

When my boys were small we always had home made cakes in the house and I still cook from scratch as my boys hate packet or tinned stuff as they were too used to home made and I should be flattered that they prefer my cooking to anything that can be bought, but it is time consuming and working full tiime I've sort of lost the enthusiasm :(

I am always baking :rolleyes: 3 victoria sandwiches made this weekend. One disappeared as soon as I made it lol. A fruit cake, and then :eek: those puff pastry bacon and cheese thingies like you get in the bakery... I need to learn how not to cook so I dont have to anymore :8855: x

Thats how it feels at the moment as they love it and don't like the shop bought :eek: its time consuming though and then all this cake and baking lying around under my nose all day :giggle:

Hows Andy Dawnie? and of course, hows you? :bighug: :fingerscrossed: for wednesday xxxxx

I try not to make bread much at the moment, because I eat it.
I've been making cake though, to give DD something sweet that isn't chocolate - on account of Lent.
And of course I have to check that it isn't poisoned...

I try not to make bread much at the moment, because I eat it.
I've been making cake though, to give DD something sweet that isn't chocolate - on account of Lent.
And of course I have to check that it isn't poisoned...

fab idea. I must check the fruit cake just incase :D x

Back